ADIDAS BBall Boost Thread - BYW, Crazy Explosive & Crazy Light & OTHER BBALL ADJACENT SNEAKERS

That's a great deal. Too bad I already have a pair.

Still wish I could have done a miadidas pair of the CE lows or Harden 1s. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens with the 2017 CEs and Harden 2s...

Last edited:
Got a cancelation email on 1/3 pairs in my order, the clay ado day ones. No word on the black pair or the white pk. These guys suck.

^ ^ ^

I had 4 pairs on order and 3 of them got cancelled, thinking of just cancelling the 4th one too because it was my least favorite of the all the shoes I ordered :lol:

still no word on if they shipped it or will ship it either

I contacted them about my order. Their response was that my shoes are in the process of being transferred in from one of their retail stores and should ship no later than tomorrow. 

Not holding my breath on this one. 

I am coming back from an acl injury(casual player) and havent balled much in the past couple of years. Can anyone here recommend between rose 6 vs 7 or if I should go with a different shoe(such as lillard 2). I am just a bit skpetical of playing in primeknit, not so sure of its stopping power when cutting or moving laterally. I have wide feet so the hyperdunks this year didnt work too well. 

I am coming back from an acl injury(casual player) and havent balled much in the past couple of years. Can anyone here recommend between rose 6 vs 7 or if I should go with a different shoe(such as lillard 2). I am just a bit skpetical of playing in primeknit, not so sure of its stopping power when cutting or moving laterally. I have wide feet so the hyperdunks this year didnt work too well. 
the width of the Rose 6 depends on the upper material. The widest one I have is the grayish white mesh upper. I've got one wide foot, and while it felt a little tight at first it stretched out over time, and I took the laces out of the last loop and cut some stitching under that fabric with the star(pointing to it on the picture). It fits great for me now. I don't know if it would've stretched out enough for me without cutting the stitching; maybe it would have, I dunno.

As for the Rose 7, I've only tried them on in a store but they felt a little narrower than the 6. Someone who owns them could give you a better opinion. You should try on the Crazy Explosive in store to see if they suit you. The forefoot fits me fine, but there is a hidden material in the middle of the foot that makes that part a bit tight, but it stretches enough for me that it isn't a problem. Don't get the Crazylight. That thing is narrow as hell and only fit me with heavy modifications. Hope this helps.

Get the crazy explosive 2016 (or 2017 if price isn't an issue), or the Harden Vol 1s are perfect for wide footers, even sizing half a size down its wide af

Is adidas pretty much done with crazylight boost? Haven't heard any rumblings about next years model

I'd suggest the Harden 1s. Cushioning, traction, stability, and support are all very good. I really like the CE lows too but they run a little narrow. You might be fine going 1/2 size up. The CE highs are very good too - I just like the lows better. The Lillard 2s are also very good and can be got for cheap. I would get the non Boost version though. Some people love the Rose 6s, but I don't. I found the fit to be funny and the shoe to be a bit clunky. The Rose 7s fit much better and have amazing traction. The Boost only feels so-so for me and I don't like the restrictive ankle color.

according to Hypebeast, this is supposedly dropping "soon"
http%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2017%2F06%2Fadidas-basketball-crazy-explosive-2017-primeknit-1.jpg

http%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2017%2F06%2Fadidas-basketball-crazy-explosive-2017-primeknit-2.jpg

http%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2017%2F06%2Fadidas-basketball-crazy-explosive-2017-primeknit-3.jpg

http%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2017%2F06%2Fadidas-basketball-crazy-explosive-2017-primeknit-4.jpg

http%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2017%2F06%2Fadidas-basketball-crazy-explosive-2017-primeknit-5.jpg

http%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2017%2F06%2Fadidas-basketball-crazy-explosive-2017-primeknit-6.jpg

http%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2017%2F06%2Fadidas-basketball-crazy-explosive-2017-primeknit-7.jpg

Last edited:
View media item 2453132First impressions of the ado crazy explosives compared to my harden vol 1s

Runs a bit narrow
Traction a bit weaker than the hardens
Rubber more durable than regular version's
Looks very similar to hardens
Alot of cushioning in the forefoot

I'd suggest the Harden 1s. Cushioning, traction, stability, and support are all very good. I really like the CE lows too but they run a little narrow. You might be fine going 1/2 size up. The CE highs are very good too - I just like the lows better. The Lillard 2s are also very good and can be got for cheap. I would get the non Boost version though. Some people love the Rose 6s, but I don't. I found the fit to be funny and the shoe to be a bit clunky. The Rose 7s fit much better and have amazing traction. The Boost only feels so-so for me and I don't like the restrictive ankle color.
Is the cushioning enough? Boost looks very thin and I think its a low to the ground shoe right?

Also worried on the CE and other primeknit shoes because idk if the containment strength is enough 

Last edited:

Is the cushioning enough? Boost looks very thin and I think its a low to the ground shoe right?

Also worried on the CE and other primeknit shoes because idk if the containment strength is enough 
The harden 1's provide good cushion as well as low to ground responsiveness. If you want pure cushion in the forefoot, go with the CE lows (especially if you're a post player). If you want a little bit more responsiveness and court feel go with the harden 1s. I have both the harden vol 1 and CE low, and the lockdown was great on both. You can't go wrong with either. 

it's suppose to feel seamless, like there's no disconnect

but yah, it's all for looks in the end

The harden 1's provide good cushion as well as low to ground responsiveness. If you want pure cushion in the forefoot, go with the CE lows (especially if you're a post player). If you want a little bit more responsiveness and court feel go with the harden 1s. I have both the harden vol 1 and CE low, and the lockdown was great on both. You can't go wrong with either. 

Check out this page:
http://weartesters.com/adidas-harden-vol-1-deconstructed/2/

As you can see from the pics, the thickness of the Harden and CE boost is about the same in the heel and forefoot. I do find the Hardens feel firmer/more dense than the CEs. After playing in the CE lows and Hardens 20+ times each, CEs feel like there is a little more cushioning the in heel and I actually feel like the Harden have a little more and better feeling forefoot cushioning. I originally felt like the CE lows had more forefoot cushioning because it is softer feeling. After playing in them for a while I realize I feel forefoot impact in them a little more. Just observations. Both are great shoes and I enjoy playing in both - they are tied for #1 in my basketball rotation.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom