ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah not into it as well. Hopefully triple black doesn't look like that, or I'll customize my 3M's. 

it looks too boxy/square with the visible gradient color, let alone the pattern knit changing the shape. But at the end of the day, it's just opinions. Some don't mind it, some do. With that said, I'd probably stop buying UB's altogether if Adidas makes all future models with this knit pattern.

it looks too boxy/square with the visible gradient color, let alone the pattern knit changing the shape. But at the end of the day, it's just opinions. Some don't mind it, some do. With that said, I'd probably stop buying UB's altogether if Adidas makes all future models with this knit pattern.
I'm kinda hoping they get a flood of returns on these to reinforce that gradient should not be the future of UB.  They've had the other gradients rotting on ADC for a long time while everything else sells out in a flash, so hopefully the message is already getting through.  

Yeah my opinion is that the texture looks a bit weird... doesn't look as sleek at the OG knit.

I'm kinda hoping they get a flood of returns on these to reinforce that gradient should not be the future of UB.  They've had the other gradients rotting on ADC for a long time while everything else sells out in a flash, so hopefully the message is already getting through.  
lol I said the same thing yesterday. The thing is, I already didn't like the gradient knit pattern too much, but figured it probably not noticeable on a white tonal pair..... then someone posted an in-store pic of the whites with the grey stripe 
sick.gif

oh that grey stripe and gradient knit pattern is just TURRIBLE.

I hope all those who don't like them (and I know it's a lot of you), return them back to adidas so Adidas can know what a horrible decision it was to switch to the new gradient knit. 

It's not an illusion, gradients have a slightly different shape to them. I can confirm.
Yep, the changes aren't just cosmetic.  From the Adidas press release:

Today Adidas drops the 2016 Ultra Boost, updated with a gradient multicolored heatwave pattern and several technical upgrades.

Upgrades include a more supportive fit at the base of the upper and more breathability and flexibility at the top. The Primeknit upper is now knitted with a different tightness to support the foot in all the right places. The outstanding traction remains uncompromised with the addition of Continental Rubber[emoji]8482[/emoji] and a flattened Stretch Web outsole for even more durability.

Last edited:
i just saw a new pair on facebook with the gradient pattern. it looks very noticeable. is the shoe in that youtube video of the new white boost the same as that shoe or are they 2 different releases?

who is that?

and yes the new core blacks have grey on the toe box but they still look really good to me. 

i saw them in person today and almost picked up a pair even though i have ds og core black still

Last edited:

Yep, the changes aren't just cosmetic.  From the Adidas press release:

Today Adidas drops the 2016 Ultra Boost, updated with a gradient multicolored heatwave pattern and several technical upgrades.

Upgrades include a more supportive fit at the base of the upper and more breathability and flexibility at the top. The Primeknit upper is now knitted with a different tightness to support the foot in all the right places. The outstanding traction remains uncompromised with the addition of Continental Rubber[emoji]8482[/emoji] and a flattened Stretch Web outsole for even more durability.
Translation = We made the primeknit upper cheaper to manufacture to make up for the added cost of the Continental outsole.

Back
Top Bottom