ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know what you meant and I agree with you 100%. I actually live around the corner from rise which is funny because it still doesn't put me at advantage to get shoes because they share in store inventory with online.
Right on and damn, I kinda know what you mean. I live near Nice Kicks in Austin. They've been doing raffles (I think people camped in the past - not about that life) for hyped in-store releases with so few pairs available, and you've probably seen the **** show their online releases tend to be. Also, I never see any of their random online restocks in time, even being on my computer all day.

View media item 2092095
Busenitz FINALLY arrived in the mail today. Wore them at work.

Nice pickup.  Did you size down on these?

Naw, went TTS. They fit just fine, but no insoles so I'll have to get some. I think .5 down wouldn't have allowed for good space to fit insoles. Boost is solid yet still squishy above the sole, not stiff and blocky like NMD. Feels good. Looking forward to making them my new beaters to save my UBs from getting run down too quickly.

Last edited:
Same I had 4 pair sold 3 including original OG. I have my last pair which is the Key City which I am going to let go. I have worn them 1 time for like 2hrs since I got them.

I'm trying to clear out my closet and only keep stuff I really wear.
I'm in the very same boat.

Granted I wont get as much as you did.

But I have this gut feeling I wear these nmd and then back in the closet collecting dust and just said goodbye to about $40-80

I like the Pure Boost Raw, I'm a fan of the lacing too. Would love to get my hands on the olive CW, but of course Adidas will restrict the best CW to an EU release...

Tried them on in store, nowhere near as comfortable as UB (combo of less boost, more outsole). Price point probably too high for me, in that there's a black and white CW release on the PBR, but for an extra $60 I can black or white 2.0 UB's which look better and are much more comfortable. Hard to justify when I can spend a 'few' extra bucks and step up to UB's. The other thing I noticed is that the toe stripes look really obvious on some CW's, but less so on others. The grey pair with contrasting black stripes don't look great. 

If I could get my hands on some good CW's (like the olive) would 100% definitely cop. But for now if they're just releasing black/white/grey I'll stick to UB's and wait for the new UB CW's. 

Links for you guys to feed off of real quick:

Lady Footlocker has woman's Core Black 1.0 size 6-9.5 & 11 (MEN'S SIZE 5-8.5 & 10) all sizes are adding to cart and able to proceed through checkout. (only ships to lower 48 states)

CLICK HERE

If you're a size 8 someone is selling a used Core Black 1.0 for $140 shipped and they look to be in good condition

CLICK HERE

[thread="592656"]I was in Finishlne this past weekend. They had both the core black 1.0 and 2.0 for retail.[/thread]

Cool, but I don't quite see what that has to do with my question

I assumed he was talking about resale on the 1.0 dropping because I don't see why retail would ever drop on them. They're more in demand than the 2.0
He says retail in his post.

[thread="592656"]He says retail in his post.[/thread]

Yeah no ****, I thought he might have mistyped it because why the hell would retail drop on the 1.0?
Most people would assume prices be lowered on the original version once the new one comes out guy. You can find the original pure boost for cheap at outlets now that the 2.0 of those came out.

Most people would assume prices be lowered on the original version once the new one comes out guy. You can find the original pure boost for cheap at outlets now that the 2.0 of those came out.
2 different shoes man. 2 different hypes.

Right, that's what happens when hype dies down on an older model after the new one is released, so they cut the price in order to either sell off remaining stock or just have a lower cost option.

Hype hasn't died down on the 1.0s, if anything it's increased, so there's no logical reason why retail would go down on them.

Also, the 2.0 isn't an actual new model, adidas doesn't consider any of their UBs a 2.0 technically, that's just what people on the internet have called them, inaccurately if you ask me.

It's the same model, just different colorways and knits, so no retail change.

Cool, but I don't quite see what that has to do with my question

I assumed he was talking about resale on the 1.0 dropping because I don't see why retail would ever drop on them. They're more in demand than the 2.0

I know but they're still technically outdated when it comes to pure retail. I understand resale being as it is tho

I know but they're still technically outdated when it comes to pure retail. I understand resale being as it is tho
They're not outdated at all though, the "2.0" isn't a new model, just new colorways and knit. The 1.0 is in much higher demand than 2.0 as well.

Same business sense.

If they can still get $180 for the 1.0 why would they drop the price? 

That's a question for adidas.

[thread="592656"]Most people would assume prices be lowered on the original version once the new one comes out guy. You can find the original pure boost for cheap at outlets now that the 2.0 of those came out.[/thread]

Right, that's what happens when hype dies down on an older model after the new one is released, so they cut the price in order to either sell off remaining stock or just have a lower cost option.

Hype hasn't died down on the 1.0s, if anything it's increased, so there's no logical reason why retail would go down on them.

Also, the 2.0 isn't an actual new model, adidas doesn't consider any of their UBs a 2.0 technically, that's just what people on the internet have called them, inaccurately if you ask me.

It's the same model, just different colorways and knits, so no retail change.

[thread="592656"]Same business sense.[/thread]

Not sure I see the business sense in dropping the price on one of your most popular products when it's still flying off the shelves.

Apple does it all the time. A macbook pro will retail less once the new generation is released with updates. Its still called a mackbook pro model, just a different generation. If the nomenclature isn't from Adidas than that makes sense what you said.

Back
Top Bottom