ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
dont think ill ever get a 9.5 Y-3 Pure Boost ZG Knit :[ still pissed i didnt have the money when everyone was grabbing them with the $75 off lol 

http://www.finishline.com/store/pro...g-running-shoes/_/A-2424?productId=prod802804

I picked up the white pair. It looks like the EU got a similar release but also an olive/green colorway too.

The boost isn't as thick as the Ultra Boost and it doesn't have the insole that you can remove. But still very comfortable and way more comfortable than the NMD. I find the NMD boost to be more stiff and not as bouncy vs. Ultra Boost and Pure Boost.
any on foot pics?

yeah i can see that the boost isnt as thick but still looks like itll do the job, and a prime knit upper is icing on the cake

when shoes like these sit, it really makes me wonder how many people are actually messing with boost because of comfort. I was debating on getting another pair of core black ultra boosts but these look comfortable just looking at them. im gonna have to give them a try
I'm sure the vets in this thread know,

just because there is boost, doesn't mean it's going to be comfortable.

I've seen them in person, they weren't as attractive to me imo.

I'm sure they'll be fine for walking around for like 30 minutes tho.

Looks like we're getting some Tubulars with Boost later this year
Indeed we are.
I like this. I was always intrigued by tubulars but the lack of boost made it a no go for me. Im lookong forward to see what they look like.
As always, I'll post pictures on IG in my signature below as samples become available to me for all to see. 
glasses.gif

when shoes like these sit, it really makes me wonder how many people are actually messing with boost because of comfort. I was debating on getting another pair of core black ultra boosts but these look comfortable just looking at them. im gonna have to give them a try
Saw them in person and the looks just don't work for me at all.  Too bad they put the oddball lacing on them, otherwise they were OK.  

If Boost comfort is all you are after, gradient UBs can be had on discount for just a few bucks more than these.

Last edited:

I'm sure the vets in this thread know,

just because there is boost, doesn't mean it's going to be comfortable.

I've seen them in person, they weren't as attractive to me imo.

I'm sure they'll be fine for walking around for like 30 minutes tho.
I agree, boost doesnt automatically equal comfort. NMD's are an example of that as well as other performance minded shoes that dont have a full boost sole. but style/aesthetically speaking. Are these really that huge of a departure from the ultra boosts/uncaged and such thats getting so much attention now adays? not saying they look exactly the same, but i love my ultraboosts and what the things i love about them def made these pique my interest.

Saw them in person and the looks just don't work for me at all.  Too bad they put the oddball lacing on them, otherwise they were OK.  

If Boost comfort is all you are after, gradient UBs can be had on discount for just a few bucks more than these.
i own some of those too.

really interested in seeing how these look in person now

I agree, boost doesnt automatically equal comfort. NMD's are an example of that as well as other performance minded shoes that dont have a full boost sole. but style/aesthetically speaking. Are these really that huge of a departure from the ultra boosts/uncaged and such thats getting so much attention now adays? not saying they look exactly the same, but i love my ultraboosts and what the things i love about them def made these pique my interest.
Ultra Boost = Fresh Guacamole

Energy Boost = Whole Foods Guacamole

Pure or Prime ZG Boost = Guacamole Paste

Everything Else = Taco Bell Green sh*

Shoutout from Singapore!

Been wanting a pair of Y-3 Pure Boost ZG but I am unsure about my sizing.

Here are my size for the respective sneakers:

Ultra Boost: US10

NMD PK: US9.5/10

Yeezy 350: US10

Flyknit Racer: US10.5 (US10 is too tight for me)

Sock Dart: US10

Would a US9.5 (UK9) be a good fit or would it be too tight?

Thanks in advance!

My Pure Boost 1.0 are some of the most comfortable sneakers I've ever wore. Great for a day walking I mean close to unmatched as far as comfort. The Ultra Boost offer me more stability for running and working out. People that say the comfort of the Ultra Boost is better the Pure boost must just like a firmer ride.

Shoutout from Singapore!

Been wanting a pair of Y-3 Pure Boost ZG but I am unsure about my sizing.

Here are my size for the respective sneakers:

Ultra Boost: US10

NMD PK: US9.5/10

Yeezy 350: US10

Flyknit Racer: US10.5 (US10 is too tight for me)

Sock Dart: US10

Would a US9.5 (UK9) be a good fit or would it be too tight?

Thanks in advance!
we also need to know your size in crocs, bowling shoes, and rain boots.

just messing man. go half size down from your TTS is what most people did. so yes 9.5 US would be good.

boost itself is comfy, i only have solar boosts but if i am going to walk all day and dont really care about style i go for them without hesitation. those and my jordan XII taxi lows (first release in 04 or so) are my most comfy shoes with the jordan XX QS black straps being a close second

http://www.finishline.com/store/pro...g-running-shoes/_/A-2424?productId=prod802804

View media item 2087010

I picked up the white pair. It looks like the EU got a similar release but also an olive/green colorway too.

The boost isn't as thick as the Ultra Boost and it doesn't have the insole that you can remove. But still very comfortable and way more comfortable than the NMD. I find the NMD boost to be more stiff and not as bouncy vs. Ultra Boost and Pure Boost.

Tried these on in store at finish line and they are stiff because of the huge outsole. Not more comfortable than nmd (about the same) and way less comfy than ultraboost. Cop below retail, colorwaus and materials worse than alpha bounce (aside from boost of course)

Hiked for two days in the terrex ultimates in vancouvers mountains.
The rip stop style upper broke in within minutes.
My heel comfortably locked in quickly.
The ridge on the collar is unnoticeable with high enough socks.
I was worried the boost may roll over in the forefoot on the lateral side but have had zero issues
They are warm without being too hot.
The impact protection and boost feel is very noticable ( i also own ub's)

Kept me dry in the rain and a few creek crossings.
Rubber and traction pattern stick like glue to wet everything.
Overall these cant even be compared to my terra arktos and superdomes.
It would be like comparing a fighter jet to a propeller plane.

The test of these boots now will be durability.
The laces are thin and the jordan 11 style lacing system does not extend to the footbed like flywire.
I worry that a loop will wear through and render the boot useless.
Especially after multiple cycles of getting wet and drying out.
Hasnt happened to me and purely speculation at this point.
Ive destroyed a lot of nike hoops shoes in 27 years of hoops tho, so my returny senses start tingling quickly.

If I see a terrex ultimate 2 with a more robust lacing system I won't hesitate to cop for retail.
This boot smokes every work boot and hiker ive ever owned from a comfort and fit level.
It would be a shame if durability is its achilles

Hiked for two days in the terrex ultimates in vancouvers mountains.
The rip stop style upper broke in within minutes.
My heel comfortably locked in quickly.
The ridge on the collar is unnoticeable with high enough socks.
I was worried the boost may roll over in the forefoot on the lateral side but have had zero issues
They are warm without being too hot.
The impact protection and boost feel is very noticable ( i also own ub's)

Kept me dry in the rain and a few creek crossings.
Rubber and traction pattern stick like glue to wet everything.
Overall these cant even be compared to my terra arktos and superdomes.
It would be like comparing a fighter jet to a propeller plane.

The test of these boots now will be durability.
The laces are thin and the jordan 11 style lacing system does not extend to the footbed like flywire.
I worry that a loop will wear through and render the boot useless.
Especially after multiple cycles of getting wet and drying out.
Hasnt happened to me and purely speculation at this point.
Ive destroyed a lot of nike hoops shoes in 27 years of hoops tho, so my returny senses start tingling quickly.

If I see a terrex ultimate 2 with a more robust lacing system I won't hesitate to cop for retail.
This boot smokes every work boot and hiker ive ever owned from a comfort and fit level.
It would be a shame if durability is its achilles
Anyone else double check to see if this was a rhyme?

I will do the durability update in bar format if you like.
I can make it nonsensical like dna or do a danny myers ninja turtle spaz out.
The choice is yours, word to black sheep

Tried these on in store at finish line and they are stiff because of the huge outsole. Not more comfortable than nmd (about the same) and way less comfy than ultraboost. Cop below retail, colorwaus and materials worse than alpha bounce (aside from boost of course)

Stiff is the last word I'd use to describe these.

Back
Top Bottom