ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

i mean i would hardly say that the poll isnt biased lol this is an adidas boost thread after all lol and niketalk hardly reflects the opinions of everyone wearing sneakers. niketalk represents enthusiasts.  id say my ultra boost get equal play with the other sneakers in my rotation. maybe a little bit more so because i work out in them. because the primeknit on my core blacks or navys dont show wear like lets say my sulfur air max zeros.
Exactly. Enthusiasts are the folks buying $180 pair of running shoes that most don't even run in. A true runner wouldn't even purchase these or nikes as a top tier running shoe. But the topic at hand and folks that have shared their opinion in this thread is that the market is changing and a lot more people are lining up for Adidas brand shoes.

To get back on the topic of 'improvements,' the use of your pair of UBs is in the scenario of cross-training which a good majority here do not use them for. And also a fact that UBs aren't designed for that purpose.

And so far the 'upgrades' UBs have made this year alone:

-2 New knit patterns

-1 Uncaged version

-Continental Rubber outsole

-Water-resistant Upper

Last edited:
To get back on the topic of 'improvements,' the use of your pair of UBs is in the scenario of cross-training which a good majority here do not use them for. And also a fact that UBs aren't designed for that purpose.

And so far the 'upgrades' UBs have made this year alone:

-2 New knit patterns

-1 Uncaged version

-Continental Rubber outsole

-Water-resistant Upper
again man im not trying to justify adidas needing to release a successor because the ultra boosts arent good enough, regardless of what theyre designed for. im saying i want a successor because i want a new shoe that is better. which should by default include all of the changes that you just mentioned wrapped up in something that isnt the curent ultra boost silhouette, what ever that may be. which is exactly what they did going from the pure boost to the ultraboost. The jordan 11 didnt release because the jordan 10 wasnt good enough. it released (for profit obviously) but because as tech improves things get reinvented and evolve.

the ST, the uncaged, the gradients, the continenta rubber are all changes made to the same ultra boost silhouette.its not an evolution of the shoe.

Last edited:
don't forgete the comfier/beefier ultra boost ST which has more boost and support.
I haven't, I've already stated that in my previous posts about the claim of the the need for the boost to be more 'thick'.

but that shoe as well has mixed reviews and ultimately has minimal difference other than the upper in terms of comfort. Plus the silhouette isn't as dope.

again man im not trying to justify adidas needing to release a successor because the ultra boosts arent good enough, regardless of what theyre designed for. im saying i want a successor because i want a new shoe that is better. which should by default include all of the changes that you just mentioned wrapped up in something that isnt the curent ultra boost silhouette, what ever that may be. which is exactly what they did going from the pure boost to the ultraboost. 
So what you're saying is that:

"Adidas needs to improve on the UB, why haven't you made a better iteration? But I mean, you don't have to. Just sayin', if you do, make it better. But if you make it better, make it really drastic and call it something else."

Also, what is the price point of a pure boost? What is the price point of the better shoe, Ultraboost? If  they make a 'better' shoe like you want Adidas to, how much would that be? Highly doubt they can make a better shoe for cheaper.

Last edited:
I don't get the demand for more boost.  Maybe a slightly denser mix but then you'd have people saying they're not spongy enough.  The heel on the UB is already plenty tall so making it taller would just be too much for those of us over 6'.  I don't want to feel like I'm wearing heels but f you really need a 2" tall midsole, Hoka One One has you covered.

roll.gif

Last edited:
If you really think about it too. If Nike were to grab that Boost contract before Adidas, I can't see them making anything nearly as innovative with it than Adidas has. All I can see them doing with it is maybe making 1 new shoe and then just throwing it on a bunch of shoes that are years old. I can picture it perfectly in my head...

"Nike Free Boost"

"Nike Air Max 1 Boost"

"Nike Flyknit Racer Boost"

Etc, Etc, Etc...

laugh.gif

If you really think about it too. If Nike were to grab that Boost contract before Adidas, I can't see them making anything nearly as innovative with it than Adidas has. All I can see them doing with it is maybe making 1 new shoe and then just throwing it on a bunch of shoes that are years old. I can picture it perfectly in my head...

"Nike Free Boost"

"Nike Air Max 1 Boost"

Etc, Etc, Etc...

laugh.gif
Nah man I want it something brand new or else I'm out.

But it's cool, Adidas can just sell a whole bunch of soccer merchandise to make up for their share in Adidas Running so it's all good.
nerd.gif

"Nike Free Boost"

"Nike Air Max 1 Boost"

Etc, Etc, Etc...

:lol:

I mean thats what adidas did right?

EQT Boost
Busenitez Boost
PureControl Boost (soccer boot originally)
Palace Pro Boost (basically the gazelle)

And then the basketball shoes that i don't really know like crazy light boost (idk if they were non boost before though honestly)

Last edited:

So what you're saying is that:

"Adidas needs to improve on the UB, why haven't you made a better iteration? But I mean, you don't have to. Just sayin', if you do, make it better. But if you make it better, make it really drastic and call it something else."

Also, what is the price point of a pure boost? What is the price point of the better shoe, Ultraboost? If  they make a 'better' shoe like you want Adidas to, how much would that be? Highly doubt they can make a better shoe for cheaper.
why are you trying to turn this into me saying that ultra boost arent a good shoe? what im saying is wheres the next iteration? why are you acting like thats such an unheard of and outrageous thing to ask for like a sneaker line doesnt evolve?  why would releasing an "ultra boost 2" or what comes after ultra? super? mega? why would them dropping a "mega boost" 
laugh.gif
 be an issue? it wouldnt stop them from still putting out the ultra boost or pure boost as a legacy sneaker. i for one would love to see all of this innovation come into play and see adidas out do the ultra boost.

why would the price point have to go up drasitically? in the early to mid 2000' i remember paying the same $135 for the 5's as I did for the 7's

Yeah I would never use my UBs for training or gym work

I got Metcons for that express purpose

EQT Boost
Busenitez Boost

And then the basketball shoes that i don't really know like crazy light boost (idk if they were non boost before though honestly)
You beat me to it.  This thread never fails to spin Adidas as good and Nike as bad, no matter what the facts are.

EQT Boost
Busenitez Boost
You're right on the first 2 shoes but the PureControl is a very new shoe and the Palace Pro is not a Gazelle lol

You're right on the first 2 shoes but the PureControl is a very new shoe and the Palace Pro is not a Gazelle lol
OK but you have the DRose, CLB, Lillard, ACE 16.1 street, Adizero, Adios, Boston, Supernova Glide (and Sequence as well as other runners), Barricade tennis shoes, the Terrex line, etc.  Adidas is putting boost anywhere they can, just like Nike or any other smart company would.  To suggest that they only use boost in innovative new ways is just silly.

Last edited:

why are you trying to turn this into me saying that ultra boost arent a good shoe? what im saying is wheres the next iteration? why are you acting like thats such an unheard of and outrageous thing to ask for like a sneaker line doesnt evolve?  why would releasing an "ultra boost 2" or what comes after ultra? super? mega? why would them dropping a "mega boost" 
laugh.gif
 be an issue? it wouldnt stop them from still putting out the ultra boost or pure boost as a legacy sneaker. i for one would love to see all of this innovation come into play and see adidas out do the ultra boost.

why would the price point have to go up drasitically? in the early to mid 2000' i remember paying the same $135 for the 5's as I did for the 7's
*fake shoes image*

these are nicer than both the regular yeezy and the regular ultra boost
Quote:
I'd also say that as far as comfort goes my new alpha bounces feel more comfortable than the 2 ultra boosts that I've been working out in. Adidas says that the ultra boost have 20% more boost but the boost sole is not as thick. Making them the same thickeness as the pure boost would probably fix that problem. I'd also extend the heel support cup a little bit more towards the arch of the foot for more support like the retro boosts do.

see the last part is where i dont see eye to eye with alot of people on boost tech. i think its overrated ONLY in terms of OVERALL comfort when compared to other nike shoes.
The claims you make above make you seem like you don't know what you are talking about when these things are already done and talked about.

This is not the mid 2000's no more. We pay $20 more for painted boost. No innovation there just slapping on some paint.

The UB is evolving, just not in the way you want it to be. Legacy shoe after 1 year? I'm done.

You beat me to it.  This thread never fails to spin Adidas as good and Nike as bad, no matter what the facts are.

EQT Boost
Busenitez Boost

OK but you have the DRose, CLB, Lillard, ACE 16.1 street, Adizero, Adios, Boston, Supernova Glide (and Sequence as well as other runners), Barricade tennis shoes, the Terrex line, etc.  Adidas is putting boost anywhere they can, just like Nike or any other smart company would.
All those shoes you just named are new shoes or models. I don't care that Adidas throw Boost on those things because they should and that wasn't my slight at Nike. But releasing 20 different versions of the Air Max 1 Infrared with different materials or outsoles is tiresome and lazy to me 

Quote:

The claims you make above make you seem like you don't know what you are talking about when these things are already done and talked about.

This is not the mid 2000's no more. We pay $20 more for painted boost. No innovation there just slapping on some paint.

The UB is evolving, just not in the way you want it to be. Legacy shoe after 1 year? I'm done.
hey man do you and keep setting your bar low, youll never be disappointed
laugh.gif

hey man do you and keep setting your bar low, youll never be disappointed
laugh.gif
I don't which is why I am sitting the rest of 2016 and early 2017 of UBs out. You just don't make sense at all.

1 year-product cycles with crazy new innovation each and every is something extremely unrealistic especially when UBs haven't even reach maturity. There are folks who JUST got into UBs that didn't even know there was a 1.0 knit.

Back
Top Bottom