ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

All those shoes you just named are new shoes or models. I don't care that Adidas throw Boost on those things because they should and that wasn't my slight at Nike. But releasing 20 different versions of the Air Max 1 Infrared with different materials or outsoles is tiresome and lazy to me 
Nope, other than the ACE streets, they're all shoes that were previously made with other midsole materials and have since had Boost added.  Some like the CLB are a new upper design, but many are still basically the same and some still offer a non-Boost option as well.  If Nike made a FK Racer with boost, it would be a 'new' model as well.  Apart from UBs and NMDs, I don't know of any innovative designs that Adidas has built around the boost midsole.  Maybe the ACE 16 mids, but most of the rest are just the usual yearly updates but with Boost added.  I don't disagree with you about all the endless Air Max, but looking at the neverending stream of crap mesh NMDs, Adidas is heading that way themselves.  Make sure you get your pair of "winter wool" NMDs for snow season. 
roll.gif

Last edited:
I am not mad at adidas for throwing boost on any shoe.

To me the ultra boost is a casual running shoe. It is not a performance shoe for me. If i want a performance runner i like mizuno currently. And i lift in my romaleo's and cross train in my nike free 3.0 trainers. I am not looking at adidas for anything id consider performance (except soccer cleats but im currently a superfly wearer).

So keep the sole just make the knit the same as the 2.0 thickness wise and make it a solid color aka no gradient and i am happy. Then just change cage materials heel counters colors laces whatever. Im good with the overall silo of the UB

Nope, other than the ACE streets, they're all shoes that were previously made with other midsole materials and have since had Boost added.  Some like the CLB are a new upper design, but many are still basically the same and some still offer a non-Boost option as well.  If Nike made a FK Racer with boost, it would be a 'new' model as well.  Apart from UBs and NMDs, I don't know of any innovative designs that Adidas has built around the boost midsole.  Maybe the ACE 16 mids, but most of the rest are just the usual yearly updates but with Boost added.  I don't disagree with you about all the endless Air Max, but looking at the neverending stream of crap mesh NMDs, Adidas is heading that way themselves.  Make sure you get your pair of "winter wool" NMDs for snow season. 
roll.gif

Not an fan of the NMD lol 

I am waiting for boost on some Adidas Originals, ie Superstars / Gazelles / Stan Smiths.

The EQT 93-16 is a great Lifestyle shoe with the added bonus of Boost.

adidas releases 3000 on a "limited" release. nike does 20,000 +. thats all that needs to be said
Exactly.

Nah man I want it something brand new or else I'm out.

But it's cool, Adidas can just sell a whole bunch of soccer merchandise to make up for their share in Adidas Running so it's all good.
nerd.gif
Don't forget to factor in the gap is much smaller in soccer than it is for running between the two companies. Not much ground to be made.

I don't which is why I am sitting the rest of 2016 and early 2017 of UBs out. You just don't make sense at all.

1 year-product cycles with crazy new innovation each and every is something extremely unrealistic especially when UBs haven't even reach maturity. There are folks who JUST got into UBs that didn't even know there was a 1.0 knit.
dude the og ultra boost will be 2 years old in 4 months. meaning the tech is even older. whats your deal with not wanting to more evolution?

ive been wearing my pairs for over a year now. i like them, and when my core black 1.0s are done ill get another pair to replace them with another pair. so suddenly i cant enjoy my ultra boosts and look to the future for a bigger better badder sneaker in the ultra boost line? its not like im asking for a self lacing system or rocket in the damn heels.

you realize that just because a new model drops that doesnt mean the old one stops being produced. and ultra boost 2 does nothing to prevent people from getting an ultra boost 1. it does how ever give more people more options than what is currently available. Just because I want an ultra boost successor doesnt mean im not happy with the ultraboost or that the small improvements theyve been making on the original arent warranted.

Last edited:

If you really think about it too. If Nike were to grab that Boost contract before Adidas, I can't see them making anything nearly as innovative with it than Adidas has. All I can see them doing with it is maybe making 1 new shoe and then just throwing it on a bunch of shoes that are years old. I can picture it perfectly in my head...

"Nike Free Boost"

"Nike Air Max 1 Boost"

"Nike Flyknit Racer Boost"

Etc, Etc, Etc...

laugh.gif
I wouldnt mind an AM1/90 or Racer Boost 
nthat.gif

P.S.

No, the dude that did the Racer/UB conversion does not count 
roll.gif

dude the og ultra boost will be 2 years old in 4 months. meaning the tech is even older. whats your deal with not wanting to more evolution?

ive been wearing my pairs for over a year now. i like them, and when my core black 1.0s are done ill get another pair to replace them with another pair. so suddenly i cant enjoy my ultra boosts and look to the future for a bigger better badder sneaker in the ultra boost line? its not like im asking for a self lacing system or rocket in the damn heels.

you realize that just because a new model drops that doesnt mean the old one stops being produced. and ultra boost 2 does nothing to prevent people from getting an ultra boost 1. it does how ever give more people more options than what is currently available. Just because I want an ultra boost successor doesnt mean im not happy with the ultraboost or that the small improvements theyve been making on the original arent warranted.
you're obviously missing the point.

If you keep pumping out shoes that are at a pace YOU want them to be, there is a thing called Buyer's Remorse. Why buy this year's UB if the mega boost next year is going to blow this shoe out of the water?

Just because you are done with a shoe doesn't mean others are too. Cool you have had UBs for a year. Some folks in here just copped a pair since they are so difficult to obtain.

And again, the bigger better badder sneaker you want is ALREADY out.

And your premise of ultra boost 1 being out when ultra boost 2 is out? I'm SURE folks have been lining out the doors for their chance at an iPhone 6.
mean.gif

The only way where your magical dream world would work is if no one liked the ultra boost 2 because it is too expensive and not much difference from ultra boost 1. Moreover, if they were similar in price, why would I choose the inferior product? It's already bad enough gradients are sitting, even at discounts.

Last edited:
Man is only saying, 2 years is enough time to update it. Adidas is a performance company. Not improving or innovating after 2 years is crazy when we get a new DRose model twice a year.

I see nothign wrong with having an actual updated ultra boost 2. Some people don't wanna get stuck with the same model for 5 years. I think the option to buy an updated version is cool because you're moving forward while people can still acquire the older models. OH WAIT, that's how it is for every single running silhouette from every single brand.

People need to remember this is a performance model, it's supposed to be updated.

That being said, i have no problems with current model.

you're obviously missing the point.

If you keep pumping out shoes that are at a pace YOU want them to be, there is a thing called Buyer's Remorse. Why buy this year's UB if the mega boost next year is going to blow this shoe out of the water?

Just because you are done with a shoe doesn't mean others are too. Cool you have had UBs for a year. Some folks in here just copped a pair since they are so difficult to obtain.

And again, the bigger better badder sneaker you want is ALREADY out.

And your premise of ultra boost 1 being out when ultra boost 2 is out? I'm SURE folks have been lining out the doors for their chance at an iPhone 6.
mean.gif

The only way where your magical dream world would work is if no one liked the ultra boost 2 because it is too expensive and not much difference from ultra boost 1. Moreover, if they were similar in price, why would I choose the inferior product? It's already bad enough gradients are sitting, even at discounts.
laugh.gif
are you new to sneakers? 

sneakers arent like iphones where people upgrade because their last phone is obsolete . the live stock pure boost sold out almost instantly JUST THIS MONTH even though ultra boosts are clearly the superior model. look up resale prices on the y-3 pure boosts. Hype literally throws your entire argument out of the window. the ultra boost OG's sat like bricks before the hype came. there are colorways in the ultra boost that can do sit go on discount. fact of the matter is in the beginning ultra boost didnt sell themselves, hype did. and as long at he hype is there nothing is going to happen to ultra boosts and people arent going to lose interest. the banned 1s that dropped 2 weeks ago sold out everywhere even though the tech is well over 30 years old, and the drop of the 31 did nothing to mitigate their success.

shocker. jpac is going up against someone again....
The folks get more absurd as time goes by. I guess this makes up for me not being on NT yesterday.
Man is only saying, 2 years is enough time to update it. Adidas is a performance company. Not improving or innovating after 2 years is crazy when we get a new DRose model twice a year.

I see nothign wrong with having an actual updated ultra boost 2. Some people don't wanna get stuck with the same model for 5 years. I think the option to buy an updated version is cool because you're moving forward while people can still acquire the older models. OH WAIT, that's how it is for every single running silhouette from every single brand.

People need to remember this is a performance model, it's supposed to be updated.

That being said, i have no problems with current model.
I believe you are missing the point here too. In the 2 years that UBs have been out, there have been plenty of updates. More so in the past year than the first, before the hype of UBs took its stride.

there's nothing wrong with innovation or a better shoe. BUT the thing that you and the other dude are missing is that those updates you are asking for have already been done. The people wanted Uncaged boosts. They did that for them.

They just came out with an UB that is water-resistant.

They barely have perfected how to color boost and now you want them to make them more comfier? Y'all are reaching for the stars.

I think Adidas is doing an amazing job keeping up with demand for UBs and managing innovations for NMDs as their flagship lifestyle shoe.

If anyone made an international order from sportsshoes you can get a refund on the VAT.  Send them an email for 20% back!  They've got the navy 2.0s which come out to about $140 shipped.  Customer service said there's no code for removing VAT and the only way is to request a refund after.

laugh.gif
are you new to sneakers? 

sneakers arent like iphones where people upgrade because their last phone is obsolete . the live stock pure boost sold out almost instantly JUST THIS MONTH even though ultra boosts are clearly the superior model. look up resale prices on the y-3 pure boosts. Hype literally throws your entire argument out of the window. the ultra boost OG's sat like bricks before the hype came. there are colorways in the ultra boost that can do sit go on discount. fact of the matter is in the beginning ultra boost didnt sell themselves, hype did. and as long at he hype is there nothing is going to happen to ultra boosts and people arent going to lose interest. the banned 1s that dropped 2 weeks ago sold out everywhere even though the tech is well over 30 years old, and the drop of the 31 did nothing to mitigate their success.
First off, Live stock pure boost are a limited release and you are comparing them to a General Release. So that point is null.

Second, comfort and heresay is what is driving UBs NOW, not Kanye or any celebrity.

Lastly, people don't buy classic Jordans for comfort. So talking about their 30 year old tech has nothing to do with people's nostalgia and personal story with each classic Jordan. UBs are no where NEAR classic status or has the resume to even be a sought after shoe today.

You have provided no weight to any of your claims and you just sound like the worst consumer any company can obtain any reliable or relevant feedback from.

Adidas can come out with UBs with lazers and you'd still complain why those lazers don't point forward so it can give me the most optimum stride while I run.

If anyone made an international order from sportsshoes you can get a refund on the VAT.  Send them an email for 20% back!  They've got the navy 2.0s which come out to about $140 shipped.  Customer service said there's no code for removing VAT and the only way is to request a refund
I thought it was weird they didnt take off VAT, repped

First off, Live stock pure boost are a limited release and you are comparing them to a General Release. So that point is null.

Second, comfort and heresay is what is driving UBs NOW, not Kanye or any celebrity.

Lastly, people don't buy classic Jordans for comfort. So talking about their 30 year old tech has nothing to do with people's nostalgia and personal story with each classic Jordan. UBs are no where NEAR classic status or has the resume to even be a sought after shoe today.

You have provided no weight to any of your claims and you just sound like the worst consumer any company can obtain any reliable or relevant feedback from.

Adidas can come out with UBs with lazers and you'd still complain why those lazers don't point forward so it can give me the most optimum stride while I run.
hype and hearsay go hand in hand. people are talking about ultra boosts because theyre hyped. im not saying they arent a qulaity product but im willing to bet a large majority of the ultraboost sales come from sneaker minded people. aka enthusiasts and sneaker heads. the vast majority of consumers arent going to spend $180 on running shoes. period. how many people do you actually see in real life wearing ultra boosts outside of people who are clearly sneaker heads/street wear enthusiasts? how many actual regular causal joe schmoes? some of you guys dont realize that nike talk is a bubble. sneaker culture is a bubble. theres a reason why Sketchers is only second to nike in share of the sneaker market. sneakerheads are always going to follow the hype regardless of what model it is or how limited or GR they are. 
nothing to do with why i want a new model at all. i never said that the ultra boost wasnt good enough and thats i wanted a new model.

Back
Top Bottom