ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I asked this question a while back, but it got skimmed over. Now it seems the issue has come back. Once the boost has yellowed, theres absolutely no bringing it back?
This gets addressed every 10 pages or so. No, the only option is to paint the boost white.

More comfy than mesh or PK NMD?
And is the front of the midsole encapsulated boost or ist only the back of the midsole boost?
I am asking because i am looking for a boost shoe suitable for winter because i hate to decide every morning between comfy boost sneakers that let me slip on ice and snow and freeze my fertig or warm boots with tracktion that are ******* uncomfortable..
So maybe the responsive trails would be a good mix of both advantages..
How ist the sizing on them?
TIA!

More comfy than both mesh and PK. Mesh NMDs aren't comfy at all tbh. I'm not sure how much boost there is but you can see that there is boost below the heel and front foot area. I can feel the boost for sure but they're more robust and hard because of the thick sole. Really great grip on them. The sizing is a little bigger than the UBs. Imo, if you have wide feet go tts and if you have narrow feet go down 1/2 size, like on pk NMDs.

They have definitely been keeping my feet pretty darn warm today when I wore them with thicker winter socks while it was around 23 degrees fahrenheit outside.

View media item 2289419

Last edited:
Just got my pairs of Military 3.0s in. The 3.0 is kind of crazy. I wouldn't say it's bigger then the 1.0 or the 2.0 in length but the knit being so stretchy, or thin, or both on the top is nuts. You def loose a little support there. I didn't notice this on the Royal 3.0 that I returned but the Military is super fuzzy around the ankle collar. Especially the tongue area. It almost poofs up into the laces.

On this one we get a opaque cage but it still is made of the same material as the transparent cage (or similar) so it's still vary pliable and probably more resistant to those scuff marks then plastic was, so big improvement there. The back heel cup where it says Ultra Boost and is textured is actually a glued in piece that is a mixture of woven synthetic material and plastic. When you look close there are some imperfections but very minor and seems to be well attached.

Other then that the laces here are lightly waxed, a bit longer and thinner then normal and feature really nice black metal lace tips. Oh, and the Adidas tab on the tongue also seems like it's a waxed canvas but has a rubber feel to the touch. In the end, very happy with these!

I asked this question a while back, but it got skimmed over. Now it seems the issue has come back. Once the boost has yellowed, theres absolutely no bringing it back?
No, once it yellows, there is no bringing it back unfortunately. RIP.

Last edited:
Yeah there's no bringing it back, a Jason Markk employee did an AMA on reddit and said he was never able to stop the boost from yellowing due to the absorbency of the boost

I'm curious to hear from one of the few members who we've seen paint the boost white. There are def a few people who have done this but I've never seen any follow up in terms of how the paint held up.

I'm curious to hear from one of the few members who we've seen paint the boost white. There are def a few people who have done this but I've never seen any follow up in terms of how the paint held up.
I'd be interested in this too. And how different the white looks, if any at all.

Yeah I'd be curious to hear how that turned out as well. Painting the boost white seems like the only way to mask the yellow.

Yeah there's no bringing it back, a Jason Markk employee did an AMA on reddit and said he was never able to stop the boost from yellowing due to the absorbency of the boost
If the boost material is porous and absorbs dirt as apparent by the yellowing, its surprising that a similar long term soak in some type of bleaching agent couldnt reverse the yellowing.  

If the boost material is porous and absorbs dirt as apparent by the yellowing, its surprising that a similar long term soak in some type of bleaching agent couldnt reverse the yellowing.  

Not only can you not get rig of the yellow plague I still don't think there is a definitive cause.
I have a feeling it has something to do with the outsole and the glue. From what I've found the issue was much worse on the 1.0. Also I think the Boost is a fairly porous material so it clings dirt easier then a rubber sole.

I'd be interested in this too. And how different the white looks, if any at all.
Same, my OGs are going to need a painting at some point.

Last edited:

Even if it could, they'd just re-yellow even faster.

I have a feeling it has something to do with the outsole and the glue. From what I've found the issue was much worse on the 1.0. Also I think the Boost is a fairly porous material so it clings dirt easier then a rubber sole.

Same
Seems like the new version, starting from late 1.0 and 2.0 catch less yellowing, but honestly I think that my RCs are gonna yellow fast and hard 

Would be dope if there was some sort of coating over the boost that would make it less resistant to yellowing (that of course would not affect performance/cushioning).

don't know why anyone would lurk here. we're all boring as **** bar the very occasional link haha

Glue is def not the only culprit. My white 1.0s had boost that was turning orange throughout the entire midsole, I attributed it to a combination of things, but most importantly, over cleaning and using too many chemicals to try and strip the dirt away.

Back
Top Bottom