ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Adidas is putting a lot of work in innovation, the futurecraft and the 3d printed soles are gonna take the market in the next couple of year. It'd be good to see when supply meets demand

its specualtion at this point, but i dont think futurecraft and 3d printed soles are going to capture the same attention as boost did. I also don't think adidas is going to incorporate that tech on a large scale in terms of quantity and in models to incorporate it.

2016 Banned in GOAT is selling above $350, sometimes I see close to 400. That pair is still selling. But I am not sure about reverse SBB. That one is about close to retail.

I was checking StockX last sale and they pretty much sells around $300 for my size... Probably will list the 2 as a pack and sell it at like $600+ LOL

Not sold on the comfort of the 3d or the futurecrafts yet...but I also have not tried them on.

I'm an Adidas head because of DRose. I stayed an Adidas head because of boost. Its the best shoe experience ive ever had...I don't want to see them downgrade just because they found a new manufacturing process.

It would lead me to believe that 3d/4d futurecrafts would have to be as comfy or even more comfy than UBs in order for them to be successful.

These non-boost Pharrells / powerphase counterparts don't do well in terms of value after the fact.

from what Ive read, futurecraft soles dont come close to matching up to boost.

Pretty sure someone on here owns them and they said something along those lines.

I think if we buy them expecting them to be more comfortable than boost, we'll be let down.

from what Ive read, futurecraft soles dont come close to matching up to boost.

Pretty sure someone on here owns them and they said something along those lines.

I think if we buy them expecting them to be more comfortable than boost, we'll be let down.

I also dont think adidas going to base its future on a gimmick. Theyve doubled and tripled down on boost and i dont think its going anywhere. I also think adidas is going to continue having scale issues with shoes outside of the nmd, ultra boost, yeezy and i guess pure boost(not sure how well those sell)

UBs def set the bar for combination of aesthetics and comfort. Next iteration from Adidas and/or other shoe company has to outshine the UB aesthetic with par or slightly below in comfort to even compete.

I'm surprised Adidas doesn't just make a brand new silhouette with reconstructed boost midsole (similar to recreating with the EQT 93/17 boost) instead of coming out with laceless and 4.0 UBs.

But just because they come out with Futurecraft doesn't mean they'll do away with Boost for good. They can run two lines side by side.

its kinda crazy that all people care about now is comfort. Before Boost came around, I dont think I ever heard any of these conversations being had :lol:

its kinda crazy that all people care about now is comfort. Before Boost came around, I dont think I ever heard any of these conversations being had :lol:
not that there arent people in it for the comfort, its absolutely away to justify being in on whats popular without having to admit thats the reason

I think Teddy "BoostGod" reviewed his pair of the triple black 3D runners. He said they were pretty decent in comfort but not nearly as comfy as boost. Sounds pretty accurate compared to what I was thinking.

That was knee problems/foot pain/arch pain ago for some of the older sneaker heads.

there were definitely shoes that we would grin and bear it for but many of those shoes arent even the same type of shoe as ultra boosts. granted tons of people dived right from basket ball shoes to ultraboosts so theres no frame of reference but this whole comfort aspect isnt new for runners.

Last edited:
That was knee problems/foot pain/arch pain ago for some of the older sneaker heads.
This right here...your foot actually gets used to the extreme comfort of boost over time...its the rest of your body that reaps the benefits...my knee pain is gone.

not that there arent people in it for the comfort, its absolutely away to justify being in on whats popular without having to admit thats the reason

Pretty sure you're the one that brought it to my attention few months ago, and im just bringing it up again because we always go in cycles of what we talk about on here :lol:

touche, you're right. It just seems thats all people care about now.

there were definitely shoes that we would grin and bear it for but many of those shoes arent even the same type of shoe as ultra boosts. granted tons of people dived right from basket ball shoes to ultraboosts so theres no frame of reference but this whole comfort aspect isnt new for runners.
True which is why those who got into runners got into Ultraboost and UBs took over their runner collection.

So to say folks got into UBs because of popularity over comfort would be an over generalization.

i can definitely admit to this, having just recently gotten into the boost game. UBs weren't all that appealing to me at first, especially with my selection being limited to 3.0s, but the aesthetics grew on me and I wanted to see what all the buzz was about.

I think we were all on the "light weight" phase before. I definitely had my fair share of roshes and flyknit (a lot of different models) before I finally dipped my foot in the waters and tried out the first and original pure boost when it just released.

I did not venture into roshes. Just wasnt for me...did the roshes have lunarlon? Lunar is okay in some shoes but bottoms out too quickly. The feeling on foot is good but it doesn't save my knees like boost.

Pretty sure you're the one that brought it to my attention few months ago, and im just bringing it up again because we always go in cycles of what we talk about on here :lol:

absolutely and just like ive said it before i'll say it again, people are spoiled by the fact that boost doesnt require breaking in and 2 theyve got plenty of pairs to spread wears across. there are plenty of runners that arent UB levels out of the box, but approach it the more and more you wear them
True which is why those who got into runners got into Ultraboost and UBs took over their runner collection.

So to say folks got into UBs because of popularity over comfort would be an over generalization.

like i said before, there are def people in it for the comfort. i love boost for that very reason, but there are definitely a good portion of the #boostislife and anti nike crowd that hide their hypebeasting behind the whole comfort shtick.

but there are definitely a good portion of the #boostislife and anti nike crowd that hide there hypebeasting behind the whole comfort shtick.
This is your every day, run in the mill bandwagon warrior fan type of dude. These folks come along with anything that is popular/successful so nothing to be surprised about there.

They are also the majority of the folks that line up to meet youtube people and get their UBs signed by strangers.

Yeah I think it's ridiculous the amount of people that are anti Nike but also say that they don't need to try it because Boost is more comfortable than anything. Wouldn't one want to try out all the options of comfort? Also don't they know competition is good for the consumer? If everyone was anti Nike then Adidas would never have to innovated and we would get the same models again and again and again. Hypebeasts got no sense

Back
Top Bottom