Adidas Crazy 98 (Originally KB8 2)

In the annals of basketball and sneaker history, few stories are as intertwined with the evolution of footwear as that of Kobe Bryant. Beginning his illustrious NBA career with adidas, Kobe's early days on the court were characterized by an adventurous and experimental approach to sneaker design, giving rise to the iconic adidas Crazy series. Among these, the adidas Crazy 98, originally known as the KB8 2, holds a special place, remembered for its bold aesthetics and on-court performance. After a decade-long hiatus, the model returns in its Lakers Away colorway.

The adidas Crazy 98 Lakers Away is a faithful reimagining of the classic silhouette, featuring traditional construction including leather, mesh, and TPU. The sneaker's wavy upper is predominantly black, setting a stark contrast against the white accents that adorn the Three Stripes and adidas logo on the midfoot and collar. Purple adidas branding on the tongue nods to the Lakers' rich color palette, with additional purple elements visible beneath the clear rubber along the midfoot. The see-through mesh is placed along the toe and runs back towards the collar while we see leather take sandwich this material. The design is anchored by an adiPRENE+ cushioning system, presented in a harmonious blend of black, white, and purple that matches the outsole below.

The adidas Crazy 98 Lakers Away will release on April 13, 2024, through adidas and select retailers online and in-store. This date is significant as April 13th is the day Kobe Bryant played in his final NBA game in 2016.

adidas Crazy 98 Lakers Away
Color: Core Black/Core White/Collegiate Purple
Style Code: IG8341
Release Date: 04/13/2024
Price: TBD
1710888335838.png

These BRICKED last release. Bought multiples of all the OG colors at Foot Locker for $29.99. They were one of the worst retros of all time. Quality was possibly the worst. I am shocked they’re bringing them out.

Is that a picture of what's dropping? If so, I'm INCREDIBLY disappointed that the outsole is still incorrect.

Another note is that these were called the "Crazy 2" when they last dropped, I wonder if Adidas is going to use that name now for a future KOBETWO retro 🤔

Outsole looks a little better, but still way off from what it should be. They did add the silver in the tongue this time.

Never had a pair, so I purchased. Hopefully they bring the white colorway back too.

Back
Top Bottom