Adidas D ROSE 5

Derrick Rose really isn't the type to go full speed on every possession. That's really more of John Wall's style.

People gotta stop bringing up 'reckless play' in citing his last two injuries.

His ACL injury was on a routine hop step.

When he tore his meniscus he wasn't even making a play. It was even more of a freak accident than the first one.
Not to get too off topic, because this belongs in sports and not shoes, but it's not like he was 100% completely fine and then he does the hop step and BOOM, there it goes.  It's probably more like that one move for whatever reason was the straw that broke the camel's back.  You said it yourself, it was on a routine hop step.  So how did he blow his knee on a routine hop step?  Something wasn't right there.

I agree with you overall.  But looking at a player like Rose, you don't see many other PG's with his style and ability, maybe only Westbrook.  I know other PG's get injured, but we aren't having this conversation about CP3, Parker, Curry, and so on, none of whom come close to matching Rose's athleticism.

Earlier.lol

Here's to the second half with Aldon and co. back...
pimp.gif
I'm hoping we get it together!

I'm not saying it was a total fluke that we got blasted by Denver, but I'm not buying that we wouldn't turn it completely around late in the season and be able to blast them in a SuperBowl game. But man, Just having the Smith Bros. tandem & a healthy Pat Willis will make a BIG difference. Nothing will happen if we don't get Iupati back from injury and regain that stout O-Line status... for the Passing AND Running game. Crabtree has to stop dropping every meaningful pass as well... 
mean.gif

There's lots of Bulls and Niners Faithful... but to be a Fan of Both is a Rare Breed! 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Lemme know if I'm right, though: ...Were you born in the MID 1980's?
Love that GIF ... '85 here.  I get the Niner love being born in the mid 80s, that club  along with the Cowboys dominated the late 80s through the late 90s much like the Bulls.  That '94 Super Bowl beat down was crazy.  Shame that you're a bandwagon fan though.  Front runner.  LOL ... you need to rep all Chicago teams, not be selective.  That's bogus.  What are you LeBron?  LOL dude was a Bulls, Yankees, Cowboys fan.  Pathetic.

Last edited:

Love that GIF ... '85 here.  I get the Niner love being born in the mid 80s, that club  along with the Cowboys dominated the late 80s through the late 90s much like the Bulls.  That '94 Super Bowl beat down was crazy.  Shame that you're a bandwagon fan though.  Front runner.  LOL ... you need to rep all Chicago teams, not be selective.  That's bogus.  What are you LeBron?  LOL dude was a Bulls, Yankees, Cowboys fan.  Pathetic.
NAH BRUH. 
grin.gif

- I'm NOT from Chicago (although, coincidentally, my Woman is. Lol)

- I'm from Columbus, so the only Pro Teams we have in Central OH  are the NHL Blue Jackets & The Ohio State Buckeyes. So yea... BORN A BUCKEYE. Everything else, I can be selective.

- I'm free to root for ANY NBA & NFL Team I want, since I have no home team... I loved the Bulls, MJ & Pippen, just like MOST KIDS born in the Mid 80's. Started watching around '91/92 and just so happened to be one of the loyal fans that stayed repping, even through the ugly years.

- When it comes to the 49ERS Fan in me, my 1st Football Jersey my Mother got me was a Red No.80 Wilson[emoji]174[/emoji] Jersey she picked up from a Thrift Store around 1992/93... I loved it and found out who the jersey belonged to shortly after, and from that day, been a 49er Faithful ever since.

- The Cleveland Indians are the default Major League Baseball Team for Columbus, so I've been a fan since '95. #TRIBE

Lebron has alot less reason to root for various teams than I do, bc Cleveland has a home team for every league. Columbus doesn't... although we've been a far superior city for awhile now. 
eyes.gif
 ...But yea, that's my story, bruh!

Last edited:
i used my Brendas on Friday night and i must say, felt pretty good. Although the sizing is a bit off.. i wear a 10 and i always go down .5 half a size in adidas rose's line.. but they still have all this room in the toe box. I just want to try on a 9 for my own sanity. The grip wasn't as good as the kobe 9's but that might have been due to a dusty floor.

Yeah as I said limited sizes, sorry about that!

We are actually cheaper than RRP in europe. Over here they are retailing at £125 - That is $200!!

It's only listed as $160 because in the USA you don't pay the tax.

Should be getting the John Wall's and new colourways in the Crazy 8's in next week too, not sure what the retail price of those in the USA will be. 

Adidas seem to release shoes a bit earlier in Europe but make them more expensive - no idea why!?

My Review of the Rose 5! Is a bit skewed that I was wearing the shoe over a year ago (Summer 2013), and the materials changed drastically from what I was exposed too with the wear test version. I will say that the shoe does offer great lockdown and stability!

- Excently stability! the ankle areas are very reminiscent of the Adidas Speed Wrap ankle braces! Im surprised no-one has yet to use this as reference pint for the ankle/support area of the upper. Its setup is identical and the overall PU areas are similar in weight!

Rose is still wearing the Speed Wrap with this shoe during the preseason which i feel may be overkill but I guess its personal preference! I just feel it would make your feet far too stiff! I have worn the speed wrap with other adidas basketball product along with Nike product as well and It performed while playing ball but I couldn't personally imagine playing in both the brace and the D-Rose 5.

woah that colorway is sick too! lol. i cant even imagine how majority of people on here have been going a .5 half size up. i have to go a .5 half size down to reach the lockdown feel. there is too much room in the toe box area for my liking.. even though im not slipping and sliding.

woah that colorway is sick too! lol. i cant even imagine how majority of people on here have been going a .5 half size up. i have to go a .5 half size down to reach the lockdown feel. there is too much room in the toe box area for my liking.. even though im not slipping and sliding.
Have you had a chance to try on a full size down?  I'm already a .5 size down in Roses/some other Adidas, so I ordered a full down in these 5s.  Hope it works out

Last edited:
For
Have you had a chance to try on a full size down?  I'm already a .5 size down in Roses/some other Adidas, so I ordered a full down in these 5s.  Hope it works out
For me, I'm normally a 12.5 or 12 in all the roses and most adidas but I'm a 12.5 or 13 in nikes. The 12s in the d rose 5 fit the same as a 12 did in other roses. I'd say order a half size down from your nike size at least

@J O N E S can you elaborate on the traction? More specifically the gray translucent, diamond shaped parts on the lower part of the forefoot and heel. And how did they do on dusty, 24 hour gym type settings.

DAMN now you're making me think twice.. i purchased from footlocker this past Friday and wore them to play ball that night.. tried on my TTS 10, but i already knew i would have to get 9.5 for balling purposes.. but now, it still kinda roomy in the toebox.. i might have to go try on a 9 (a whole full size down from my normal 10 (nikes). What am i going to do now with my size 9.5 Brendas that i only used for a 4 hour session? cant return to footlocker because they're used, creased so easily lol.. hopefully the homes cw would be like that.

DAMN now you're making me think twice.. i purchased from footlocker this past Friday and wore them to play ball that night.. tried on my TTS 10, but i already knew i would have to get 9.5 for balling purposes.. but now, it still kinda roomy in the toebox.. i might have to go try on a 9 (a whole full size down from my normal 10 (nikes). What am i going to do now with my size 9.5 Brendas that i only used for a 4 hour session? cant return to footlocker because they're used, creased so easily lol.. hopefully the homes cw would be like that.
There's a chance you still could return them, not for sure though.  You could potentially also take a slight loss and sell the pair you have at a bit lower price.  Wipe off any dust/grit as much as you can

I wouldn't stress just yet though.  There's a chance that going a full size down won't make the difference that we need.  I'll make sure to report back on how they fit as soon as mine come in.

J O N E S can you elaborate on the traction? More specifically the gray translucent, diamond shaped parts on the lower part of the forefoot and heel. And how did they do on dusty, 24 hour gym type settings.
Not JONES but I will hit the dusty 24 courts in about an hour. Played on the rubber "faux wood" type court all last week and it was great traction, but everything gets traction on those, even my Pures.

As far as sizing, I am a 10.5 in almost everything, but I feel I could wear a 10 in these. The toe box is very roomy, length is a little long, and my TTS is not bad, but it could go down .5. Any more than that and I think I would have some width issues.

There's a chance you still could return them, not for sure though.  You could potentially also take a slight loss and sell the pair you have at a bit lower price.  Wipe off any dust/grit as much as you can

I wouldn't stress just yet though.  There's a chance that going a full size down won't make the difference that we need.  I'll make sure to report back on how they fit as soon as mine come in.

yeah but eastbay is having 20% off right now and it will apply to these newly release Rose 5's. But you might be right as far as making a difference because the width might get tighter and it might hurt.. plus i wear mcdavid ankles braces on both ankles.. damn these shoe companies.. i swear.. first it was the jordan 28 going .5 half a size down, then kobe 9's and lebron XI's, now these weird Drose 5.

yeah but eastbay is having 20% off right now and it will apply to these newly release Rose 5's. But you might be right as far as making a difference because the width might get tighter and it might hurt.. plus i wear mcdavid ankles braces on both ankles.. damn these shoe companies.. i swear.. first it was the jordan 28 going .5 half a size down, then kobe 9's and lebron XI's, now these weird Drose 5.
I suppose you could always grab that size 9 and return it if need be.  I think Champs has a 20% goin on now too

Interesting that you guys are sizing down. I've always had to size up in the Roses because they run so damn narrow lol.

Haven't tried on the 5s yet

I think you could maybe go a .5 size down this these. They are definitely wider than the other Rose shoes. I went with my regular 12, a little bit of room in front but heel lockdown was great.

My Away's:

Yeah I will agree that compared to other Adidas models the D.Rose 5 did run pretty big. I would also suggest going a half size down rather than going up. The toe box area had lots of room! I didn't find it to be that much of a problem being I have a wide foot but I do remember them being a bit  big. Usually I can go up when wearing Adidas product as shoes like the Crazy light, Crazy Shadow, and the 773 fit a bit snug.

Back
Top Bottom