Adidas D ROSE 5

I love the glow in the dark accents on the "Bad Dream" D Rose 5 kicks, very stylish 
happy.gif

Last edited:
This upper is a little stiff but I like the red peeking through the perforations. Will switch back and forth the laces as I'm torn with which to go with. Feels better TTS, swapping insoles and wearing thicker socks is a better choice than down sizing. No pinching on the side of the foot too.
View media item 1314356

This upper is a little stiff but I like the red peeking through the perforations. Will switch back and forth the laces as I'm torn with which to go with. Feels better TTS, swapping insoles and wearing thicker socks is a better choice than down sizing. No pinching on the side of the foot too.
View media item 1314356

Have you played in them yet? Personally, I think those black laces make the shoe so tough bro.

Have you played in them yet? Personally, I think those black laces make the shoe so tough bro.

Took them out for a spin this morning, shooting and testing out the traction and cushioning. I'll just keep it short and sweet as @duke40 wrote a detailed review 2 pages back. The ankle support, cushioning and traction are improvements over the 4.5s. It's this Sprintweb I don't like. Primeknit would change everything to quote Adidas. I still like my 4.5 more, the lighter weight and Sprintweb with mesh molds to my foot much better.

I dig that lace swap. I'll prolly keep the red in, but mainly because I'm way too lazy to ever swap laces.

I really am feeling ok about this shoe now.

To me, this line is just a disappointment so far. When I think about this line vs say the LeBron line, both have had shoes that are failures, but the Rose line has just been horrible. From the 8 to the 12, I believe each of those models appeal to certain people from a performance perspective and from a design perspective.

This model surprised me. Plays really fast, but as you get older, no cushion is a no go. Ok design.

Great shoe too, amazing ankle padding. Very mediocre design.

Horrible shoe, pathetically bad fit, but aesthetically interesting

Didn't mind the shoe at first, but I blew out my ankle with these. Seem really unstable now, and I can hardly wear them casually. Design wise, this is a team shoe.

3.0/3.5

Pleasant surprise, but pretty crappy traction. And the 3.5--possibly the ugliest shoe in the history of the world. 3.0 upper to me looks decent. The Chicago Fire model is amazing.

4.0/4.5

I put these on and from beginning knew I won't ever play in them. Just such better stuff out there. Design wise, I think the away 4.5s are pretty clean. Classic playoff Bulls CW.

Which Spenco insole between the walker runner and the cross trainers are better to put in these or ball kicks in general?

Did anyone miss out, or almost miss out on buying the "Away" 5's? Almost missed out on the 4's last year. Anybody know why adidas opted to not drop the "Away" pair first. Like they used to do with 1-4.5.

Did anyone miss out, or almost miss out on buying the "Away" 5's? Almost missed out on the 4's last year. Anybody know why adidas opted to not drop the "Away" pair first. Like they used to do with 1-4.5.

Missed out entirely I guess. It's the only one I wanted. Are they really gone?!?

For the most part. Only 8 and 8.5 on adidas. They never dropped on footlocker, FinishLine, champs or any other retailers. I had to get mine off eBay. They eventually had a restock, but their option to notify you when your size is available, didn't work. Ended paying $180.

I grabbed my pair when they were running the 30% off, ended up returning the Bears in order to do that. Aways were my first choice but they didn't come out until I bought the Bears so perfect timing with the sale and availability. Sucks to hear that you had to pay more. They really messed up not releasing it first like they did previous years. It's always the more popular colorway.

Ready to see the .5 version at this point.

I grabbed my pair when they were running the 30% off, ended up returning the Bears in order to do that. Aways were my first choice but they didn't come out until I bought the Bears so perfect timing with the sale and availability. Sucks to hear that you had to pay more. They really messed up not releasing it first like they did previous years. It's always the more popular colorway.

Ready to see the .5 version at this point.
So they're more bears themed than the FIBA pair? Thought of copping either those or the "ALT Away" pair next. Already copped the homes and always. Wish they made a home pair in the styling as the aways. Without the pull tab and the patent leather. I don't mid paying more for the Rose. All that matters is, he's back. #theReturnReturn

So they're more bears themed than the FIBA pair?

The box label says the color is orange but it is the FIBA shoe. Definitely not Bears themed like the "unreleased" Bears D Rose 3. This "orange" is definitely not the Bears team color orange. The closest thing I can compare to this shade of "orange" is the current Nike shoe boxes (which are a little more red than true orange like the old school Nike boxes).

However the "orange" isn't red like Bulls red. Not sure how it compares to the Nike USA FIBA uniform as they had the gradient design this last summer.

Hope all of this makes sense and helps.

Was the "Away" colorway a limited release? Thought they would've been a larger release

Was the "Away" colorway a limited release? Thought they would've been a larger release

That's what I'm wondering too. Only place I seen them so far is Adidas.com. Even the Adidas store in Chicago didn't have the all black "Away" as of last week. For what it is worth, I asked them via their live help chat if there would be a restock. They said typically restocks can occur every couple weeks, but didn't seem to comment specifically on this colorway.

My size popped back up, so I jumped on it. It might be a return so I'm hoping it is in good shape.

Last edited:
To my
To my knowledge, I don't think the numbers of shoes made was limited as opposed to the release being limited to Adidas.com. The employees don't know what's happening. I messaged customer service before the drop of the "away" CW and they had no clue when they're dropping. So I check the site a week later. Not only did they already release, but all that was available was an 8/8.5/10/10.5/12.5. So I called them again and messaged them again, only to get a response a week later that they may restock, but I couldn't wait any longer. So I copped em off eBay for $180. Another week later, they finally restocked, but by then, I already had my pair. #adiFails

This site selling the Aways was mentioned a few times in the thread somewhere, thought I revisit it since we're talking about the Aways. They are on sale now from $160 to $129. Again, the person that posted the site originally runs the site or ordered from them before so that's the only thing I know about the site. Looks legit to me and they accept Paypal.
http://www.basketballdirect.com/en/Adidas-D-Rose-5-Boost-Basketball-Shoe/m-680.aspx

Note: If you are going to order. Make sure you know the size(I'm guessing it's UK since the other shoes are in UK sizing) as it doesn't say it's UK or US size listed and Adidas sizing conversion to US size is half size different, ex: US 9 is UK 8.5

Last edited:
So that's the cardboard colorway. Kinda like them with the leather upper. Gotta see how the J Wall BHM looks like since I like the price point on those.

Couldn't make out whose face was on the tongue so I did some searching haha. Better inspiration than Nike's.
adidas-d-rose-5-boost-bhm-kareem-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom