Adidas J Wall 1 Vol. 10/31 release

He was wearing those yesterday. From pics thought the sole had the gum color bottom, guess not. I like the color blocking but I don't wear a lot of red.

I knew I wasn't seeing things.

John Wall is tickled red to have his own signature shoe. We saw the first ‘Home’ colourway the other day, and now we see the ball boots the human wall will be lacing up when he hits hardcourts on the road. The principle ‘Away’ colourway is the first pic in the gallery above, with a red upper with navy accents and tri-striping (yeah, we just invented that then), while the ‘Alternate Away’ option is very similar, but features more dabs of white and a white outsole, instead of gum. The J Wall 1 ‘Alternate Away’ launches at adidas.com and Foot Locker on December 5, but the ‘Away’ might just be a PE, because we don’t have a date for that yet.
adidas-j-wall-1-away-alternate-02.jpg

Last edited:
I believe David West was rocking a Pacers colored PE at their scrimmage last week. I saw it in person, but can't find any clear pics of them.

Peace,
J

Last edited:
Got JWalls in today. Pics up later but overall shoe feels nice. Midfoot support structure was a detail I hadn't seen before.

You mean the grey piece in between the eyestay and tongue? Do they run TTS? How is the cushioning?

Yeah - I thought it was just to grey lace loop. I didn't know it was a saddle support structure around the midfoot completely. I haven't tried them on yet so I'm not sure about true to size I'll post up later.

Last edited:
Feels full length. Further inspection today though after I give them another run.

damn full length must feel so good! just like how the rose 2.5 felt for me. i wonder what the life expectancy is on Adiprene plus like Lunarlon.

Adiprene+, at least the first time around, was much more durable than Lunar. It didn't feel as good initially but it did hold rebound better.

I got Micro G at the top of the foam cushion systems:

Micro G

Adiprene+

Lunarlon

Micro G has the best blend of responsiveness, impact protection and durability to me.  Lunarlon is like a bright flame, it burns bright, but it burns out quickly.  Very disappointing lack of durability.

Purely anecdotal, but I would advise people, if they have the means, to rotate an air based shoe and foam based shoes.  I can't imagine playing solely in air or foam based shoes at this point.

Deezy - I agree until this weekend, then I think Boost takes over spot 1 or 2.

I got Micro G at the top of the foam cushion systems:

Micro G

Adiprene+

Lunarlon

Micro G has the best blend of responsiveness, impact protection and durability to me.  Lunarlon is like a bright flame, it burns bright, but it burns out quickly.  Very disappointing lack of durability.

Purely anecdotal, but I would advise people, if they have the means, to rotate an air based shoe and foam based shoes.  I can't imagine playing solely in air or foam based shoes at this point.
Hey Deezy,

I never experienced Micro G, Adiprene+ or Boost.  I was wondering how is the impact protection on each tech?  I'm looking for a new shoe that has adequate impact protection...tired of the ridiculous prices of Nike.

Better ask Duke about Boost, I haven't tried it yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

Micro G is my personal favorite.  When I say impact protection, I mean you can come down hard or a little off balance and maybe land on your heel a little too heavily (really not good for you).  My heel got bruised when I did that in Lunarlon (Kobe 8), but not in my Spawn Lows.

I guess you could also say protection over a long period of time.  I might play for 2-3 hours in the Spawns and my feet won't hurt from the constant pounding.  Not necessarily true for many other shoes of all brands.

It's not just the impact protection though.  I like Micro G for the overall responsiveness and durability, which far outlasts Lunarlon.  You hit the nail on the head when you talk about the prices.  Spawn lows are available right now in that $80 range and retail for $100.  A MUCH better value to me than a retail signature shoe from Nike.

I love certain things about Nike sigs and the Kobe line is probably my favorite of all time, so don't anyone get me wrong.  Just when it comes to value, it's hard to beat the Spawns at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom