Adidas J Wall 1 Vol. 10/31 release

Boost in runners is unbelievable - I have had a pair of Energy 2m since February and they feel new every time I wear them - no lie. They are still bouncy and have just the right give and then spring back. Can't say for basketball yet, at least full length. The CL Boost heel was the same as a runner - lively and responsive. The forefoot was so bad it killed the shoe for me. The Rose 5 should be here this week for me to review and I think it will change the game. My friends overseas (Philipines) already have them and love them.

Adiprene+ is good - impact protection, low court feel, semi responsive, but falls well behind Micro G and Boost. Lunar is not even in the discussion of Boost or Micro G just because of longevity. Feels great on first couple of court wears, then it compresses and compromises fit and response. I took my Hyperdunk 2013 back after 4 weeks because the forefoot compressed so much my toes were below the insole level.

Agree with Deezy on G. It is 1A for foam and has all the same pluses as Boost, just not as springy in feel.

Thanks for your guys' input DeezyVSOP2 and duke40!  Also, looking for your review of the D Rose 5!

I think the simplicity of these, accompanied with basic versatile colorways make them appealing.  Anyone know if these will feature boost or not?  Thanks fellas.

Last edited:
^^^ as stated above, there is NO BOOST in this shoe.

Ginwae - review should be up this weekend on Counterkicks.com.

its going to be a good change of pace for my rotation going from Rose 5's to these and then come next year the d-lillard thrown into the mix. My feet will be happy.. just as long as my ankles last as long too.

Usually I don.t like the adidas designs but these really look good. I might give these a try.

Lock down is great with the two straps on the sides. Lace them all the way up your foot is well contained. Cushioning is adequate and nice. Not too soft or stiff. Should be better when broken in more. I switched insoles with the Crazy Quick 2. Doesn't make sense to use that cheap insole when the Crazy Quick 2 is not officially his sig but had a better insole. I'd be careful pulling on the tongue hard when putting it on or tugging on it after lacing up as I can see it ripping as there are several seams. I learned that lesson from my Rose 4.5. Looks good casually. Want to take them on the court now but it is raining really hard.

View media item 1241550

Last edited:
I guess that's the Aluminum colorway scheduled to release later this month. Nice material on the upper but looks like it's casual oriented than performance without the fuse overlay and mesh.

they grey ones look dope too. 

Has anyone picked up a pair yet and can say something about the fit and how they feel on court?

They run a little on the narrow side but you get a secured fit and long lengthwise. Keep in mind there's mesh so it's not stiff where your feet will go numb from the fit. Similar to the Crazy Quick line. You'll be happy with these on court if you liked the Rose and Crazy Quick models. Can't go wrong with the price point now or when they eventually go on sale.

They run a little on the narrow side but you get a secured fit and long lengthwise. Keep in mind there's mesh so it's not stiff where your feet will go numb from the fit. Similar to the Crazy Quick line. You'll be happy with these on court if you liked the Rose and Crazy Quick models. Can't go wrong with the price point now or when they eventually go on sale.
thanks for the info. I appreciate it! I'd really like to give these a try but the narrow fit is bad news for me since I have wide feet. I've only had one pair of adidas basketball sneakers so far (the crazy lights) and those ran too narrow for me too so I only wore them a couple of times.

Heads up. The grey CW is on Eastbay for sale. Probably on other sites also for those interested.

Yeah the bad thing for is their no size available for me, im size7US mens their only size7.5 i already got the home color way in size 7.5 but still not good fit to me...their have in size7 in adidas.com/us but unfortunately their only ship in US area...how about here canada? please adidas help me..

Held the grey in hand this morning. Pass for me. The print has a bandana type look.

Back
Top Bottom