Adidas Mutombo retro: First Look!

Man, Adidas is in a sad state of affairs..... no one even gives a **** about the black/purple Mutombo drop!  "Private" pre-sale been up for over an hour and still FSR there.  Adidas needs to step up their game.
roll.gif

^^

A retro+ colorway of a basketball shoe, that was never really popular when first released, isn't selling well and because of that you're sayin Adidas is in a sad state. You gotta be kidding me. Anyone who thought this particular colorway would fly off shelves is the fool. Adidas will be fine I'm quite sure.

Man, Adidas is in a sad state of affairs..... no one even gives a **** about the black/purple Mutombo drop!  "Private" pre-sale been up for over an hour and still FSR there.  Adidas needs to step up their game. :rofl:

No one was feeling the Mutombo when it dropped in the early 90s. The cats who had these when they were younger are probably in their late 20s at the very least - will they still want a bulky, high top sneaker with tribal print? The OG colourway flew out mainly due to revisionist sneaker history, hypebeasts and resellers.

Adidas is in a sad state of affairs not because of some garbage retro+ Mutombos but because they ain't doing jack about their inline/current division.

Last edited:
No one was feeling the Mutombo when it dropped in the early 90s. The cats who had these when they were younger are probably in their late 20s at the very least - will they still want a bulky, high top sneaker with tribal print? The OG colourway flew out mainly due to revisionist sneaker history, hypebeasts and resellers.

Adidas is in a sad state of affairs not because of some garbage Mutombos but because they ain't doing jack about their inline/current division.

You're quite right about the age bracket thing. I'm 31 and my brother is 28 and we have been big fans of this Mutombo retro. We bought the OG and I just grabbed my pair of this retro + colorway. This shoe was legendary to my childhood just because of the foolishness my brother and I got into when we had them.

Missed out on the 1st, skipped the 2nd, but i'm liking these better than both.

The OG colorway is still available on shoebizsf.com. Pretty good size run as well

Damn this thread died fast and painful lol

Black og comes out first week of december not as limited.

They might sit for a bit

Theres a pic of them in this very thread :lol:

check page 6 of this thread

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom