Adidas NMD thread

I could care less about the fake discussion one of the more interesting things to me is the idea of collecting sneakers over wearing them, the idea that we're on niketalk because we're collectors.

I'm here to wear, its nice when sneakers have history but I'm not trying to make a museum here.

The one thing I don't have in common with most here but besides classic models like the dunk, I have very few shoes in multiple colorways.

It's always interesting to see pics with like 30 colors of the same shoe
I too find the discussion of wear vs collect interesting.  

Personally I do both.  I have Stan Smiths and Converse that I wear to work, but the NMD Primeknits are my "love them too much to get them dirty" shoes.  They pimp out my closet (have had more than a few guests say how cool they looked) and it makes me really happy to see them when I'm getting ready in the morning.

Never, ever thought I would be one of those guys who liked a shoe too much to wear it, but this shoe changed the game for me.  The other day I saw a kid wearing a pair of black OG PKs at the deli and they were completely messed up and had stains all over them.  I just shook my head, thinking how much I would kill for a pair of those in my size. 

Can anyone confirm whether or not kith actually got pairs or whether they are just telling people it was a glitch?

I had order below number 200 and they gave me a different reason for cancellation.

I keep seeing White XR1's being promoted at stores this week?

What about the other Colors of XR1's?

The hardest nmd to find is the blue camo.
they were very limited, if I remember correctly the inventory on Adidas US was the lowest in blue and then the olive- the white and red had a lot more pairs yet the white is the hottest ticket

I too find the discussion of wear vs collect interesting.  

Personally I do both.  I have Stan Smiths and Converse that I wear to work, but the NMD Primeknits are my "love them too much to get them dirty" shoes.  They pimp out my closet (have had more than a few guests say how cool they looked) and it makes me really happy to see them when I'm getting ready in the morning.

Never, ever thought I would be one of those guys who liked a shoe too much to wear it, but this shoe changed the game for me.  The other day I saw a kid wearing a pair of black OG PKs at the deli and they were completely messed up and had stains all over them.  I just shook my head, thinking how much I would kill for a pair of those in my size. 
I usually wear my Vans when I go to work. When I go out I wear my NMDs but I clean them after I get back. Pretty daunting 5 mins 
happy.gif

Just went to Roosevelt field mall in NY to ask about raffles for the XR1s. The manager said he didn't think they are going to get them at all. He said the last release was way too crazy and the mall security is literally banning them from allowing to release there. He did tell me if he couldn't win the battle with the mall then all of his stores stock would be going to Fulton street in Brooklyn. He said Fulton street will have an insane amount of pairs, like more than enough for everyone to eat
He lied to you.

Just went to Roosevelt field mall in NY to ask about raffles for the XR1s. The manager said he didn't think they are going to get them at all. He said the last release was way too crazy and the mall security is literally banning them from allowing to release there. He did tell me if he couldn't win the battle with the mall then all of his stores stock would be going to Fulton street in Brooklyn. He said Fulton street will have an insane amount of pairs, like more than enough for everyone to eat

RFM wasnt even that bad, there was just only 20 or so pairs of white nmds which kinda sucked for the 100+ that showed up. Cops did show up though but there's going to be a release for sure. You def got lied to.

Last edited:
RFM wasnt even that bad, there was just only 20 or so pairs of white nmds which kinda sucked for the 100+ that showed up. Cops did show up though but there's going to be a release for sure. You def got lied to.

He told me to call in a few days to see what the deal was for sure. I'm sure they'll definitely be getting them too, it's a flagship store. But the manager never gave me a definitive "no." I wouldn't be surprised if he lied to me, always shady at these stores. didn't the cops show up at around 7am last drop and kick the entire line off?? I didn't even try for the OG whites there, so I don't really know. I just remember reading a post from another member

Last edited:
He told me to call in a few days to see what the deal was for sure. I'm sure they'll definitely be getting them too, it's a flagship store. But the manager never gave me a definitive "no." I wouldn't be surprised if he lied to me, always shady at these stores. didn't the cops show up at around 7am last drop and kick the entire line off?? I didn't even try for the OG whites there, so I don't really know. I just remember reading a post from another member
RFM is not a flagship store. You have better luck at the new Originals global flagship on Spring Street in Manhattan. It'll be the second day open and they'll have a lot of NMDs

RFM is not a flagship store. You have better luck at the new Originals global flagship on Spring Street in Manhattan. It'll be the second day open and they'll have a lot of NMDs
they closed down Wooster?

Just got these shorts delivered. I actually got them to wear with my frenchies but I was already wearing the black mesh today. Also went to the Santa Monica store and signed up for that raffle. The guy there said it doesn't matter if I already signed up at Melrose. FYI they only have one XR1, the triple white, and they are only getting the triple white, white with blue block, the journeys pair and maybe one other NMD.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom