Adidas NMD thread

Based off the response she gave you (or how you portrayed it), UK and EU businesses are under no obligation to provide you with a VAT refund, just a VAT receipt. Brexit or not, your comments sound like you need the very little amount of money more than she does.

Yeah, you missed my point boy on so many levels that I want even go through the trouble of explaining it to you. As to who needs what, again your comment was so stupid, offensive and immature, that I would advise you to forget sneakers and get out there a bit. You might need some life skills. Take care.

Yeah, you missed my point boy on so many levels that I want even go through the trouble of explaining it to you. As to who needs what, again your comment was so stupid, offensive and immature, that I would advise you to forget sneakers and get out there a bit. You might need some life skills. Take care.

Lmao dawg who hurt you today???

Just a fyi: have one boutique that I get the connect on literally all the hype releases and their state legislates sales tax has to be charged along with the shipping. Consider the method a "pay to play", cost of doing business. Good to know about the footpatrol experience.
Appreciate the info. Would never get into deep discussions about anything with support help. Will just pi$$ you off to no end. Chalk it up to learning experience.

This thread's been pretty good atmosphere.
Let's keep it that way.
Whether you like/dislike style of shoe, no need to launch one at another's personal opinion.
It's good to post/read caution about another's shop experience. Gives idea who can/should do business with.

Last edited:
Just a fyi: have one boutique that I get the connect on literally all the hype releases and their state legislates sales tax has to be charged along with the shipping. Consider the method a "pay to play", cost of doing business. Good to know about the footpatrol experience.
Appreciate the info. Would never get into deep discussions about anything with support help. Will just pi$$ you off to no end. Chalk it up to learning experience.

Let's keep it that way.
Whether you like/dislike style of shoe, no need to launch one at another's personal opinion.
It's good to post/read caution about another's shop experience. Gives idea who can/should do business with.

+1

In terms of footpatrol, the problem was I ordered adidas and received nike, literally.

Let's keep it that way.
The thing is the guy just said something so pseudo-intellectual and full of so many assumptions that it physically hurt me reading it.

Yeah you can give an opinion about anyone or anything but when you do it; don't come across as someone so bitter that it completes invalidates your opinion.

What the hell is this: "and even though she probably needs pocket money to support her studies and being part time of footpatrol's cs could be a solution towards that, she should be very careful on her email wording as people would be really interested to know what is footpatrol's opinion on the BREXIT (just a referendum result so far with no actual consequences/effect at the moment in terms of UK and EU status) as well as its effect on business practices. I never heard back from her."

I understand you had a bad experience with a store but why get so upset that you come up with a backstory for a customer service rep?

Back to the topic though; some stores charge VAT, some remove it, you can go through the extra effort to email them to try to remove the VAT but know they don't have to do it.

It's usually not that bad though and most euro stores know the US folks are only buying hyped things that even with the VAT it comes down to a lower price than resell.

Just got my first pair in, NMD R1 JD Sports grey. Man the mesh is definitely a different feel for me! The mesh is very flexible and stretchy. Haha I can see my toes in them.

Comfortable and light though, if this is any indication of how the UB's are (and I know the UB"s are on a different level) I am sold on getting multiple pairs of both the NMD and UB's. 

I need to cop a pair of primeknits to compare to the mesh though (gonna get lucky on the winter wool restock one of these days). 

EDIT: I went TTS on the mesh (12). They fit fine, maybe ever so slightly loose on the heel but could be due to the mesh being stretchy too. 

Last edited:
Been a good month. Got the white camo glitch nmd, the all black ultra boost, wool cn nmd, and the white mountaineering city sock.

No bots.

It's like in Goodfellas, when the Crew congrats Henry for beating the rap/joining the Racket.
Enjoy.

Just got my first pair in, NMD R1 JD Sports grey. Man the mesh is definitely a different feel for me! The mesh is very flexible and stretchy. Haha I can see my toes in them.

Comfortable and light though, if this is any indication of how the UB's are (and I know the UB"s are on a different level) I am sold on getting multiple pairs of both the NMD and UB's. 

I need to cop a pair of primeknits to compare to the mesh though (gonna get lucky on the winter wool restock one of these days). 

EDIT: I went TTS on the mesh (12). They fit fine, maybe ever so slightly loose on the heel but could be due to the mesh being stretchy too. 

Yep, the JD one is different in that the mesh is stretchy, so it fits like PK

The thing is the guy just said something so pseudo-intellectual and full of so many assumptions that it physically hurt me reading it.

Yeah you can give an opinion about anyone or anything but when you do it; don't come across as someone so bitter that it completes invalidates your opinion.

What the hell is this: "and even though she probably needs pocket money to support her studies and being part time of footpatrol's cs could be a solution towards that, she should be very careful on her email wording as people would be really interested to know what is footpatrol's opinion on the BREXIT (just a referendum result so far with no actual consequences/effect at the moment in terms of UK and EU status) as well as its effect on business practices. I never heard back from her."

I understand you had a bad experience with a store but why get so upset that you come up with a backstory for a customer service rep?

Back to the topic though; some stores charge VAT, some remove it, you can go through the extra effort to email them to try to remove the VAT but know they don't have to do it.

It's usually not that bad though and most euro stores know the US folks are only buying hyped things that even with the VAT it comes down to a lower price than resell.

Actually, I was literally just conveying the experience related to VAT and shopping. As for the paragraph you quote, I was surprised she thought the UK was already out EU and was using this as an argument while representing a store. She told me she was a student, I don't understand what you mean with assumptions. I also don't understand why you think I am trying to be intellectual using an email correspondence with a rep. I'm sorry you physically hurt reading this.

The funny thing is when this happened I was like wtf and reading a comment about vat was like, hey listened what happened the other day... Would be more than happy to reply if you wish through pm, I'm sure this is getting boring for everyone.

On a very different note, I am very interested to see how the hype for packer nmd turns out. A lot of people don't like it and I remember it was the same for nicekicks.

Yeah I got my first two pairs this week myself. The rainbow pair is PK and my Red pair are mesh. The PK fit a little more snug in my opinion. I also went tts with a 12. I wear a 12 in AJ1 and just about everything else.

The way you conveyed the experience, at least to me, you came off really bitter. The assumption that a particular student needs money for studies, I guess in this day and age is a valid one but still an assumption.

You made it seem as you also assumed that she was a complete imbecile because of the way she worded a response to you and her unawareness on petty politics. "And then I thought and no offence to any Brits here, that people like her decide and vote on such serious matters."

I mean if you believe one's intelligence should be measured by one's knowledge, or lack of, in something like BREXIT; that's a little pretentious to me.

Basically it came across as "I wanted to get something but I didn't get it then I cursed the person who didn't allow me to get and now I have to make the whole world agree with me that they are bad" stories and it was done in such a way that it physically hurt me.

Also when you replied to the other guy
I was once again physically hurt by the emphasis and the sheer hyperbole. I mean do you really think his reply was THAT bad? You can see how it really wasn't right? It was literally in line with what you said about the student "And then I thought and no offence to any Brits here, that people like her decide and vote on such serious matters."

I mean are you trolling or you don't see it?

Either way I could never get so triggered by a response as to put extra effort taking an argument from here into the PMs so I'm done here. I believe you and I really hope you mean it when you said you were just wanting to share an experience, it just came across as a really passive-aggressive one.

You physically hurt me multiple times and now I have bruises all over my face but I still love you.

I think people will change their mind about packers when it comes close to releasing but I don't think it will be like Nice Kicks NMD. I wasn't here for that but people really thought they were ugly? I thought they were fire and art when I laid eyes on them but didn't really know how to pull it off. Then they released and killed every site. I think Packers will still kill a lot of sites since it's a primeknit nmd collab but I don't think resell will come as close.

Last edited:
Yeah I got my first two pairs this week myself. The rainbow pair is PK and my Red pair are mesh. The PK fit a little more snug in my opinion. I also went tts with a 12. I wear a 12 in AJ1 and just about everything else.
Good to know. I wear a 12 in all nikes that I own and have never had an issue on sizing, so if the PK fits a bit more snug I can live with that especially after it breaks in. 

Quote:

So I officially disputed my JD NMDs through PayPal. Been a long and frustrating process.
Would like an update plz
You guys too? I called JD yesterday and they said it came to the states and was scanned 2 days ago, and that they will contact the courier for more information so call them back Monday. I feel like it's just BS and they're giving me the run around.

Guess I'll wait till Monday then do a dispute. I used a debit card so I might be screwed. Ridiculous man. How do you, as a big retail store, straight up not send the shoes at all?

Last edited:
Beware everyone who is dealing with JD Sports.  Has anyone asked them what carrier they used?  I hope it is not Aramex, which is the biggest rip-off, scam "courier" out there.  I had so many problems with them, I completely stopped ordering from all the JD Sports group (Size, Office, and I think a couple of others).   

Quote:

You guys too? I called JD yesterday and they said it came to the states and was scanned 2 days ago, and that they will contact the courier for more information so call them back Monday. I feel like it's just BS and they're giving me the run around.

Guess I'll wait till Monday then do a dispute. I used a debit card so I might be screwed. Ridiculous man. How do you, as a big retail store, straight up not send the shoes at all?

Just got a MSG from JD. They said they marked my package as lost in transit. Processing refund in 3-5 days. For my troubles they offered an amazing 10% discount on my next purchase. Screw that store. Never buying from them again.

watching ufc and got caught slippin on that feature release. like both those colorways in the xr1's

Back
Top Bottom