Adidas NMD thread

Saw the Black and the Grey wool NMD's at Footaction today. Took a lot out of me to pass on them.

Too many releases this month to be bothered by this drop
Exactly. 3stripes churning out so much heat there's little breathing space for us 
roll.gif

Size? Exclusive NMD trail

When I saw this I thought what exactly did they add in terms of uniqueness to the silhouette...very lazy collab.
Granite XR1 pk came in and Tts was the right choice. No knuckle toe prints or anything. Going from mesh to pk has had the opposite effect of making me want to throw away my mesh pairs. PK is so soft and lite I'm not sure how it will hold up. Def comfortable but they don't seem to have any substance to them. Will give em a full wear before sticking with that. These will def be worn before the French beige...
smokin.gif
Yeah...XR1's are TTS. Front is narrower and the back has a firm grip with the cage. Enjoy. (not for the wallet tho...you might be tempted now to get the other colorways.)

what size XR1 PK do you recommend if i am a 10 in UB and 9.5 in mesh NMD
Stick with TTS to be safe.
Saw the Black and the Grey wool NMD's at Footaction today. Took a lot out of me to pass on them.
Did you try them on? Are they the same material as any previously issued models?

Exactly. 3stripes churning out so much heat there's little breathing space for us :rofl:

When I saw this I thought what exactly did they add in terms of uniqueness to the silhouette...very lazy collab.

Yeah...XR1's are TTS. Front is narrower and the back has a firm grip with the cage. Enjoy. (not for the wallet tho...you might be tempted now to get the other colorways.)

Stick with TTS to be safe.

Did you try them on? Are they the same material as any previously issued models?

Is it me or is Nike not able to release as much heat as Adidas has lately.. Weird because they have so much more money and resources.

Filed a charge back on JD through my bank, got my money back, and the NMD arrived today. :smh:

Does that mean you got free NMDs? I did this with TLOP merch that didn't ship for almost 3 (!) months from Kanye's site. I got my money back and 2 weeks later the merch arrived. I called my CC company and they told me that the seller got the chargeback BEFORE shipping so I wasn't liable. It's been 6 months and I still haven't heard back from Kanye's camp about returning the merch. The funniest part though was that the merch didn't even fit!

Free is free I guess haha

Last edited:
Why pay retail when you can pay resell?? Resellers gotta eat. :pimp: :pimp: :smokin :smokin

nylon nylon

Did not try them on, had to about-face before I made an impulse buy. But compared to the reflective grey "wool" NMD's they are coarser. Like actual wool. I liked them a lot.

Is it me or is Nike not able to release as much heat as Adidas has lately.. Weird because they have so much more money and resources.

This is one of the reasons why the 3 stripes is doin numbers right now

They not on the whole limited extremely limited once they gone they gone til months down the road or next year bs

They keep supplying the demand

Look at all these restocks on a daily basis

Look how many times the Japan pack keeps dropping for example

Nike who? for me right now

The past 4 pairs of shoes I've bought have been Adidas ones. 2-day shipping plus fairly equal to cheaper prices is awesome, as well. Boost has really changed things for me. I used to be solely a zoom guy, but boost in basketball shoes with the CEs and CLB 2016s have been amazing. Looking forward to trying out the Harden Vol. 1s when they come out early December as I really like that silhouette.

The KD 9 was the only sig shoe from Nike I've really really liked as of late - and the UA Curry 2 were ahead of them in terms of overall comfort for me when playing. So couple other companies with strong performing, good-looking, shoes to the ones Nike has been putting out there and then factor in cost being lower with these other brands, and you have what we've seen wiht Adidas posting very strong numbers lately.

Having said that, it's not like Nike is hurting at all, they still have a huge market-share percentage. The only thing that is concerning, I would think, is that Adidas is now signing lots of the young crop of talent coming into the league. I can only imagine the draw of being a young cat out of college and being able to get NMDs and Yeezy/Ultra Boosts handily for signing with the 3 stripes on top of any hoops shoes. It's a totally different era right now, but Nike still has a strong grasp on the industry.

I agree with everything u said

Yeah they still on top

But Adi has the spotlight now IMO and for me personally

Im still upset at Nike for a couple past releases anyway so :rolleyes

Adi is def on the rise as of late and I like the NMD line. Their basketball shoes don't appeal to me except for d roses new primeknit version. I'm not new to Adidas brand tho because I shell toes and forums are classics that just aren't as hyped as nikes. I don't care who makes it, if I like it I'm trying to get it and occasionally the market feels the same way. Their popularity or hype doesn't play into my decision to purchase. I still buy nikes when I'm interested, and Adidas has only added more options to my menu which is good for me. :smile:

Does anyone else find that the
".5 size down" advice for PK NMDs is mostly due to the upper being less rigid than non-PK NMDs?

My TTS is 12.5 and my PK wools are 12.5
I find when I'm standing up, my toe is right where I'd expect it to be. But when I sit, or anytime my heel gets pushed backwards - it's like "okay maybe i could use a 12."

The fit would be slightly tighter if it was a 12 but I feel like my toe/foot wouldn't be where I'd expect it to be.

Has anyone ever measured the footbed/midsole of a non-PK NMD and compared with a PK NMD?

...i guess it comes down to fit preferences..but I feel like I set my sights on a 12.5 or a 12 and be fine.

On feet photos usually show a looser pk collar around the ankle from what I've seen

Does anyone else find that the
".5 size down" advice for PK NMDs is mostly due to the upper being less rigid than non-PK NMDs?

My TTS is 12.5 and my PK wools are 12.5
I find when I'm standing up, my toe is right where I'd expect it to be. But when I sit, or anytime my heel gets pushed backwards - it's like "okay maybe i could use a 12."

The fit would be slightly tighter if it was a 12 but I feel like my toe/foot wouldn't be where I'd expect it to be.

Has anyone ever measured the footbed/midsole of a non-PK NMD and compared with a PK NMD?

...i guess it comes down to fit preferences..but I feel like I set my sights on a 12.5 or a 12 and be fine.

On feet photos usually show a looser pk collar around the ankle from what I've seen

TTS in PK NMDs leaves way too much toe space and heel slip, that's why most people recommend .5 down, it's not some illusion haha.

Rocking my Pharrell nmds today, these are damn comfortable, maybe more so than regular PK nmds

Hey guys, any spots online still have white or black mesh? Just the plain regular ones, nothing fancy. Looking for a 10.5 or 11 for a friend.

For myself I am still searching for Vapour Grey in an 11.5 :frown:

So I was browsing eBay for Packer NMDs and ended up pulling the trigger on Olive Glitch NMD. I've been wanting that damn shoe since the release and it was a good deal. Super excited

Back
Top Bottom