Adidas NMD thread

Good day to everyone,, i just got my tri color nmd, the size is tts and noticed that its a bit big, if i will put an insoles will it tighten a bit? And will the primeknit loosen over time? Thanks you :smile:

Stripes are pretty much done..acetone did the job. Just need to use a scalpel to remove them completely. Waiting for paint to arrive and will then blackout the boost.
How did you apply the acetone to the stripes?  Q-Tip, cloth, etc etc?  Also, did you have to let the acetone sit for any period oftime before removing the stripes?  Thanks!  Looks great.

Last edited:
Good day to everyone,, i just got my tri color nmd, the size is tts and noticed that its a bit big, if i will put an insoles will it tighten a bit? And will the primeknit loosen over time? Thanks you
smile.gif
Yes and yes.

Insoles shouldn't make it so tight that they'll stretch out that much (if that makes sense).

I was thinking of selling them and getting a half size down, but that will take me another 2-3 weeks (i live here in kuwait) so my option is insoles :smile: hopefuly it wi snug a bit

any chance of me copping black/yellow Hu's for a good price or should i wait for another possible drop?

Last edited:
Good day to everyone,, i just got my tri color nmd, the size is tts and noticed that its a bit big, if i will put an insoles will it tighten a bit? And will the primeknit loosen over time? Thanks you
smile.gif
some people like to put insoles in them to fill up the extra space.  I terms of stretching, mine haven't really stretched much but I went .5 down from my ultra boost size.

How did you apply the acetone to the stripes?  Q-Tip, cloth, etc etc?  Also, did you have to let the acetone sit for any period oftime before removing the stripes?  Thanks!  Looks great.

I dipped Q-Tips in 100% pure acetone (clear in color) and applied them to the inner of the shoe, behind the stripes. I had to saturate the PK with acetone before I could really pull the stripes off. I used my nail to lift off the top 2 corners of the stripe to get it going but once that part was off it wasn't very difficult to remove the stripe. Just be generous with the acetone, it won't hurt the PK. I did this on the red stripe in the pic below.

I actually first used acetone on the front of the stripe on the outside of the shoe but all that did was remove the stripe from the adhesive. It was much more difficult to remove the adhesive from the PK without having the stripe to pull on. I wouldn't recommend doing this. I did this on the blue stripe in the pic below.

View media item 2293496

You'll get some glue reside on the PK once the stripe is lifted. I just used a soft toothbrush while the PK was still saturated with acetone and scrubbed off the glue into little balls. I had to do this a couple times to get all the residue off. The glue liked to stay in the folds of the PK so it helped folding it to remove the glue. The PK is pretty durable so don't be afraid to scrub at it. I had frayed threads once I was done but I used a lighter (ONCE DRY) to burn these off and it looks great.

How do you black out the boost effectively so it looks nice and doesn't fade?

Last edited:
I still need the Green Hu, maybe one day...

Really hope they do another run of them in more colors though. A charcoal grey pair would be cool.

why do i believe the bapes will release randomly after midnight.... too many weird changes today for a normal 10 am drop

Does anyone know where the tricolor black is still available? I went with my normal size not knowing I needed to size down for PKs. Thanks!

I dipped Q-Tips in acetone and applied them to the inner of the shoe, behind the stripes. I had to saturate the PK with acetone before I could really pull the stripes off. I used my nail to lift off the top 2 corners of the stripe to get it going but once that part was off it wasn't very difficult to remove the stripe. Just be generous with the acetone, it won't hurt the PK. I did this on the red stripe in the pic below.

I actually first used acetone on the front of the stripe on the outside of the shoe but all that did was remove the stripe from the adhesive. It was much more difficult to remove the adhesive from the PK without having the stripe to pull on. I wouldn't recommend doing this. I did this on the blue stripe in the pic below.

You'll get some glue reside on the PK once the stripe is lifted. I just used a soft toothbrush while the PK was still saturated with acetone and scrubbed off the glue into little balls. I had to do this a couple times to get all the reside off. The PK is pretty durable so don't be afraid to scrub at it. I had frayed threads once I was done but I used a lighter (ONCE DRY) to burn these off and it looks great.

Perfect.  Thank you for the details!  

So using acetone from the INSIDE is the play?

Back
Top Bottom