Adidas ORIGINALS updates

Woven Tubular

Man, I'm going to be stocking up on those Tubular Mocs or whatever their official name is. This model looks great in that style.

I don't follow sneaker culture anymore, and I was curious where all these cool sneakers designs are coming from? Did adidas steal some designers from nike or something? A lot of these new shoes don't look like something you'd expect from adidas. With that said, keep them coming. 
pimp.gif

I don't follow sneaker culture anymore, and I was curious where all these cool sneakers designs are coming from? Did adidas steal some designers from nike or something? A lot of these new shoes don't look like something you'd expect from adidas. With that said, keep them coming. 
pimp.gif
Brands evolve and change. Nic Galway who made the tubulars, worked on the pureboosts and is working with Kanye has been with adidas since 1999.

Adidas has hired some ex-Nike soccer designers but I'm not sure if they are releasing anything yet. There are lawsuits by Nike being made because they believe at least one of them stole classified info

pimp.gif

Brands evolve and change. Nic Galway who made the tubulars, worked on the pureboosts and is working with Kanye has been with adidas since 1999.

Adidas has hired some ex-Nike soccer designers but I'm not sure if they are releasing anything yet. There are lawsuits by Nike being made because they believe at least one of them stole classified info
Yes, a handful of Nike designers left for Adidas, but this may not necessarily be the reason for all the buzz lately. Unbeknownst to most, Adidas has always had a powerhouse of designers between Sport Performance, Originals and Y-3. Simply stated, get a bunch of different designers together to fuse a bunch of concepts together and make noise, which Nike has been known to do in their innovation kitchen.

I don't follow sneaker culture anymore, and I was curious where all these cool sneakers designs are coming from? Did adidas steal some designers from nike or something? A lot of these new shoes don't look like something you'd expect from adidas. With that said, keep them coming. :pimp:

Tubulars are a modernized retro of the 90s adidas tubular runner, so you can't give that to Nike.

Adidas has always had pretty great models, but haven't really dove deep into the vault until the last few years. Nike had much much better marketing and signature athletes which also drew attention away from adidas IMO.

But with more stores doing collabs and the big name collaborators combined with adidas coming out with QUALITY retro releases, they are garnishing the attention they deserve in the US market.

Those 1st Tubular Hi's are very dope! might have to pick up a pair. I always had a liking for adidas but they never fit me right at all

Back
Top Bottom