ADIDAS X YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL 2016 THREAD - (NO LC PICS PLEASE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you think Adidas is concerned that the resell price went down on PB's? Unless they are selling their own stock on the side hows the resell market effect their bottom line? Hypes cool but you can't spend it..
I'm glad you brought this up as this is an important distinction people keep getting hung up on:  

Do shoe companies care about how much money resellers make after they release?  No.  

Do shoe companies TRACK resell markets because the general public views high resell as an item being more wanted?  Absolutely.  

A company like Adidas, in their boardroom, can justify upping the price of Yeezys IF they have the data that the demand is there.  They can also justify releasing a high volume of shoes like they did for the V2 Oreos IF they know they will sell out.  

Now before you think "they can just go off of the actual sales to make those projections"...they can only project so far into the future with that info.  For instance, once upon a time NMD Chukkas sold out...but afterward their resell was non-existent.  From that, Adidas could figure out "We got lucky this release...but it's no slam dunk these will sell out next time.  People just don't like them that much".  Sure enough, they tried making the NMD Chukka their first trail shoes in an attempt to jumpstart that model and the NMD Chukka Trail Shoes sat on the Adidas website for a long time (and likely made someone who stuck their neck out at Adidas look quite bad in the process).

Think about it this way: I can guarantee you there is someone within Adidas saying that they can up the production numbers on Yeezys even further in the future, and using as their justification, "Our largest volume release so far was the V2 Oreos...and those are selling for far over DOUBLE retail on the secondary market.  Yeah, I feel confident we can up the production numbers and they will sell out."

At the end of the day, it's all data.  Adidas has been a success because they are using this data unlike any shoe company I've ever seen to make their decisions.  It's like Moneyball for the shoe game.  
But do they care if it goes down? In terms of the V1 PB's there's still resell prices on them and Adi made bank on the rerelease. I understand them monitoring resell data and such.

If adidas is looking at resell market it's only to raise prices because people can't control themselves.

Yeezys are going up in mrsp FYI

What is the average going rate for 750 chocolates? I'm thinking of just pulling the trigger from solesupremacy (850 plus tax = 930$) or from another similar shop for 1k just don't want to deal with authenticity issues to save a little bit of money ... I asked this earlier but only got one response but should I also be going 1/2 size down ? My true to size for every shoe is a 12 except NMD's I'm an 11.5.. Thanks in advance any help is appreciated

What is the average going rate for 750 chocolates? I'm thinking of just pulling the trigger from solesupremacy (850 plus tax = 930$) or from another similar shop for 1k just don't want to deal with authenticity issues to save a little bit of money ... I asked this earlier but only got one response but should I also be going 1/2 size down ? My true to size for every shoe is a 12 except NMD's I'm an 11.5.. Thanks in advance any help is appreciated

Go with a size 11.5. Cheaper on goat. View media item 2309345

But do they care if it goes down? In terms of the V1 PB's there's still resell prices on them and Adi made bank on the rerelease. I understand them monitoring resell data and such.
I think they only care about resell going down if the shoe image takes a hit, and they had to have noticed the public perception went from "Holy **** how the hell did you get a pair of the Pirate Blacks?!" to "Oh cool, Pirate Blacks.  Nice."  Normally this wouldn't be as much of an issue, but I do think Yeezys and NMDs *appearing* limited is a huge part of their success.

Barneys responded with tracking info after I asked about not receiving order confirmation. Called on 17th, shipped on 19th, arriving 26th in WA.

for those that size down on 750s, do you have wide feet? Curious if you guys have problems fully zippering the kicks when you size down

PM'd you

Last edited:
at this point of the game - nope.....Adi has crafted a marketplace for UBs and NMDs, both gives them a bigger profit margin unlike yeezys. I believe initially (as in 2015 - top of 2016) the resell market matter for them as Adi didn't have a 'back up' plan for growth that didn't include yeezys. If the resell market went cold tomorrow for yeezys adidas now has an established tech (boost) and two differing lines (UBs and NMDs) as well as other lower cost collabs (ie: Kith mid-UB) that can feed its growth areas. 

i member, i always liked them go. can't go wrong with grey/orange combo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom