ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is idiotic

You act like there will be a ton of 750s available.

Only a small fraction of people will be able to purchase the 750s, if anything the majority of people who miss out on the 750s would be likely to make an impulsive buy of the AJ11 if they released the same day.

Not quite. We all know very few people will get through on the 750's next week, that's a given. But there will be a lot, a lot of people going for them that's why.

And any shoe that releases on the same day will play second fiddle. If you don't think so you are kidding yourself.

Lose the "it" factor, and that 500k will walk out the door right along with it. That is a mathematical certainty.

That "it" factor isn't going anywhere soon though.

Is Kanye making Adidas' "it" factor growing, yes but MJ is still as strong as every.

Until they produce the same numbers, this is a one horse race.

JB is still looking pretty good.

Is Kanye making Adidas' "it" factor growing, yes but MJ is still as strong as every.

Not sure  when  Kayne's contract is up  with adidas is up, but  Adidas is back at square  one  if  he were to leave  and   try his hand  at  his own label  or    another  manufacture.  but that's a big if

I agree; well stated sir.
pimp.gif

Not sure  when  Kayne's contract is up  with adidas is up, but  Adidas is back at square  one  if  he were to leave  and   try his hand  at  his own label  or    another  manufacture.  but that's a big if
I don't know man those Ultra Boosts are dope AF with or without Kanye.

I agree though, if Kanye leaves Adidas won't be as hyped as it is now (except I'll still cop mad UB's.)

Not quite. We all know very few people will get through on the 750's next week, that's a given. But there will be a lot, a lot of people going for them that's why.

And any shoe that releases on the same day will play second fiddle. If you don't think so you are kidding yourself.

A lot of people going for them is different than people purchasing them.

People will have a rush of emotions and make an impulsive buy.

Lose the "it" factor, and that 500k will walk out the door right along with it. That is a mathematical certainty.

That's what I been saying. It's not a competition because adi can't even afford the buy in. That hype can't be put on a year end report...

I don't know man those Ultra Boosts are dope AF with or without Kanye.

I agree though, if Kanye leaves Adidas won't be as hyped as it is now (except I'll still cop mad UB's.)
I agree  I  love  my ultra boost   as much as i like  my  MR's,  but   one shoe can't  compete  with the market   

Last edited:
i dont think nike is scared of kanye... no no no... they are scared of the momentum that adidas is gaining this year. adidas takes risks and pushes bars that nike would never touch. and example of this would be the king push eqt's which adidas publically said "hey these are inspired by fish scale cocaine and we dont care"... but an even bigger example... boost in general. if you live in nyc or have visited there the past few months you can see this best. boost is taking over the public is slowly realizing adidas and the amazing things they offer. in the past year i feel like the collabs and quality overall have hit a new standard for the 3 stripes.

I agree  I  love  my ultra boost   as much as i like  my  MR's,  but   one shoe can'  compete  with the market   

i dont think nike is scared of kanye... no no no... they are scared of the momentum that adidas is gaining this year. adidas takes risks and pushes bars that nike would never touch. and example of this would be the king push eqt's which adidas publically said "hey these are inspired by fish scale cocaine and we dont care"... but an even bigger example... boost in general. if you live in nyc or have visited there the past few months you can see this best. boost is taking over the public is slowly realizing adidas and the amazing things they offer. in the past year i feel like the collabs and quality overall have hit a new standard for the 3 stripes.
This^^^^

That's what I been saying. It's not a competition because adi can't even afford the buy in. That hype can't be put on a year end report...
Make no mistake, this battle is not one of pocket book depth; it will be fought on the battlefield of public opinion. Remember, Adidas had the crown and the marketshare dominated; until a young upstart company with less money but more vision and innovation (NIKE) came knocking. Michael Jordan had preferred to be with Adidas over NIKE in those days if you recall.

Not that he's any good, but how the F could you hoop in those man. I have never worn them so I don't know, but it seems like you would break your ankles.

wow,  well  i guess   it doesn't matter when you can get whatever kick you want
I wasn't talking about the value, I was talking about the foot / ankle support in those. Anyone who has the 750's, do you think you could hoop in a NBA game?

Just saw Mike Epps buying lots of yeezys at the Fox Hills mall

MRs & Red Octobers

uploaded today, didnt understand anything after the greezy statement though lol

The problem with JB/ any Nike shoe,  is  a lot are uncomfortable.  Look at Adidas.  The have been innovative   in tech, Comfort, and  looks.   I'm surprised    that  in fact many people don't like the yeezy.  IMO  some of that is hate  because  they didn't cop.  But  Nike isn't innovating  they  just  retro  and  have Nike lab that   doesn't release much.  Nike  will make money regardless of  what they come out with  but  it would be nice to see  new innovative   stuff  coming from them.    To be honest   I  stick  with  adidas  if  i know im going out for a long time because  i know  my feet will thank  me.
this

strong as ever?

idk man the aquas sat bro

3-6 years ago that would NEVER happen

Even if the XI played second fiddle, it would still sell more than every Yeezy combined. And that's what Nike's goal is; to make money. Adidas has the hype on lock, but everyone should know by now that hype is fleeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom