ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Almost anything you get is produced in a sweatshop factory somewhere in Asia. It might be assembled in Italy or the US, but the materials are cut from the same fabric in Asia
You don't have to backtrack on what you said.  In this statement you are inferring that items made in Italy (you quoted someone who was talking about premium items, need to add this to keep your comment in context), have the SAME FABRIC FROM ASIA.

Stick by the stupid **** you say when you say it or say you made a mistake.  Don't change your tune after you realize what you said was dumb. 

He did venture on his own. But the difference from then and now is that he wants low prices. Where as if he does that now, the price will be high (think Virgil off white prices), where as adidas he can, pending if they want to, get the prices cheaper then him being solo.

Pastalle didn't flop....Taylor incident caused it not to never launch....

He didn't comprimise design wise. Maybe price wise and number of pieces wise. But adidas gave him the contract he wanted and let him make more than sneakers, and more often. But as far as actual vision...for clothing...he's making what he wants pretty much and has his own team over there.

And he's been started elsewhere. All the sneakers. Interning at findi...collabs...etc...

obviously does believe in his own vision...which is why the clothes don't hold branding. He used adidas for production...as if they were a fashion house

Last point. Sean John and the roc can't make shoes and also that just really doesn't make sense at all.
laugh.gif
This is pretty much it. I don't understand why people don't get this. Insecurity or faith has nothing to do with it. "Crowd funding"? Please. Yes, like crowd funding is going to be able to raise enough capital to create the infrastructure that is comparable to a multimillion international corporation. This is exactly the same reasoning Sway had, and why Kanye was getting pissed off. He's trying to provide product at low prices. Doing anything on his own will go completely against what he wants to do.

As for his contract, it's all speculation, but I'm sure he had to compromise on some points. Adidas has to run their ****. Of course they're not going to just be like, "You know what Kanye, we'll let you handle every part of the process. You obviously have all the experience doing everything, so let's just let you do that." No. Designers, or as Kanye calls himself a creator, never have control over marketing or production numbers, etc. Maybe over time he will get them to the prices he wants them to be, but most definitely not initially. He even said in interviews that he plans on getting the costs down, but for now this is what they're going to be because the company says so.

He did venture on his own. But the difference from then and now is that he wants low prices. Where as if he does that now, the price will be high (think Virgil off white prices), where as adidas he can, pending if they want to, get the prices cheaper then him being solo.

Pastalle didn't flop....Taylor incident caused it not to never launch....

He didn't comprimise design wise. Maybe price wise and number of pieces wise. But adidas gave him the contract he wanted and let him make more than sneakers, and more often. But as far as actual vision...for clothing...he's making what he wants pretty much and has his own team over there.

And he's been started elsewhere. All the sneakers. Interning at findi...collabs...etc...

obviously does believe in his own vision...which is why the clothes don't hold branding. He used adidas for production...as if they were a fashion house

Last point. Sean John and the roc can't make shoes and also that just really doesn't make sense at all.
laugh.gif
Sean John and Roccawear both make shoes?

He could simply use them as he did Adidas. 

Don't think about the brand think about the infrastructure.

You don't have to backtrack on what you said.  In this statement you are inferring that items made in Italy (you quoted someone who was talking about premium items, need to add this to keep your comment in context), have the SAME FABRIC FROM ASIA.

Stick by the stupid **** you say when you say it or say you made a mistake.  Don't change your tune after you realize what you said was dumb. 
wow you are really reading this with one eye. I quoted 
Couldn't fathom paying 1500 dollars for a sweatshop produced Chinese sneaker. I'm not trying to tell people how to spend their money but man....some of you really know how to piss it away.
Almost anything you get is produced in a sweatshop factory somewhere in Asia. It might be assembled in Italy or the US, but the materials are cut from the same fabric in Asia

No where were we talking about PREMIUM QUALITY stuff. No where did I say ALL Italy products come from China. Literally meant that a lot of materials come from a sweatshop somewhere in asia EVEN IF it was assembled in Italy (for example). YOU were the one throwing around premium quality and confusing the terms "almost" and "all". 

Damn the salt from the boosts are blinding you. 

Last edited:

wow you are really reading this with one eye. I quoted 

No where were we talking about PREMIUM QUALITY stuff. No where did I say ALL Italy products come from China. Literally meant that a lot of materials come from a sweatshop somewhere in asia EVEN IF it was assembled in Italy (for example).Damn the salt from the boosts are blinding you. 
You also said to name 5 high fashion items where they weren't either produced or use materials from China. Which is most actual high fashion brands. Bottega, Lanvin, Versace, Balmain, Hermes.

Sean John and Roccawear both make shoes?

He could simply use them as he did Adidas. 

Don't think about the brand think about the infrastructure.
If you make shoes through Rocawear or Sean John over Nike or Adidas, I'm sorry you already lost.

Last edited:
Two recent brands that are flourishing Filling Pieces and Greats Brand.

Kanye could push his shoe design first and then clothing later after his house is established.

Ralph Lauren started off selling ties on the street in comparison.

Last edited:

You also said to name 5 high fashion items where they weren't either produced or use materials from China. Which is most actual high fashion brands. Bottega, Lanvin, Versace, Balmain, Hermes.
Ok good, you were able to name some brands that don't use materials from a sweatshop in Asia. I'm still standing by the point that a lot of companies use materials from a sweatshop in Asia. 

Last edited:

I wonder how the stores draw the raffle winners when you fill in your size on the ticket. Lets say they have 12 pairs. Do they draw 12 tickets or they keep drawing until they find the winners for each size available.

Say 500 people enter the raffle for a pair of size 9. Your chances of winning will be slim af. But if you enter the raffle for a pair of size 12s with maybe 20 people entered for...your chances of winning will be much higher. Right????
I went into St. Alfred yesterday to get a raffle ticket with my fiancé and all they had us do was jot down our name and number, no size. So I'd assume its first picked, first to choose size. Because my friends went for Moon Landing 90s there and got called and they said they only had small sizes left which weren't there size - but the shop knows most kids just want to sell anyways so I'm assuming it'll be the same for the 750s.

I went into St. Alfred yesterday to get a raffle ticket with my fiancé and all they had us do was jot down our name and number, no size. So I'd assume its first picked, first to choose size. Because my friends went for Moon Landing 90s there and got called and they said they only had small sizes left which weren't there size - but the shop knows most kids just want to sell anyways so I'm assuming it'll be the same for the 750s.
it's also just less work for them instead of constantly drawing until another size is picked. Imagine digging thru a thousand raffle size 9 tickets to look for 1 size 13.

its sad to say but quality is just an afterthought these days. Sure, as a consumer i would love to see brands pay more attention to the quality of the product but lets face it, thats just not the case anymore. Kanye can literally put his name behind anything and it will sell no matter what the materials are. its all about the hype.

it's also just less work for them instead of constantly drawing until another size is picked. Imagine digging thru a thousand raffle size 9 tickets to look for 1 size 13.
Yea it definitely makes the most sense, that **** could take hours to do. I'm just curious as to how their phone system will work - like if you don't answer is that your only shot or do they wait to see if you call back. Or does no one win.....
mean.gif

with only 11-12 pairs, probably won't take long for them to draw it. Thats if they raffled all 11-12 pairs, could just be a front to act like they're giving a fair shot. Maybe only 3-4 pairs are actually drawn, we'll never know. I've heard stories about (FTL) employees making calls for raffle winners with a private number, ring once and hang up and be like "winner didn't answer, I will take this unclaimed pair now"

its all about the hype.
How much of it is hype and how much of it is blindness? Hype would be this is the most comfortable shoe we have seen or best designed shoes since...

Blindness is mostly what this is. People just following the crowd. Just doing what they're told. 

We're all victims to it. I bought the shoe myself, but our priorities are F'd up. Damn. 

its sad to say but quality is just an afterthought these days. Sure, as a consumer i would love to see brands pay more attention to the quality of the product but lets face it, thats just not the case anymore. Kanye can literally put his name behind anything and it will sell no matter what the materials are. its all about the hype.
yeah but if he was know for low quality products attached to his name, there wouldnt be any hype.  the hype is because since the Yeezy 1 he's been known to have high quality products attached to his name

So did everyone give up when they saw the release list for stores? I abandoned this thread last weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom