Adrien Broner Turns Down Roc Nation, Clowns Jay and Rihanna

Only reason this baboso gets the attention he gets is cuz his idiotic mannerism entertains ppl. Ppl love laughing at him, thus he gets paid. But hea still a pendejo.

Probably the biggest mistake Broner ever made for several reasons. He tried to somewhat make up for it by apologizing but it's too late for that.
I don't see huge backlash here.

Roc Nation isn't some huge sports agency that can make or break careers. CAA is the one that's on the rise.

Broner clowned around and got disrespectful. Somebody reached out to him (someone he most likely respects or possibly his own business partners) and he apologized publicly.

Doubt this affects his next fight or his money moving forward unless yall want to speculate about consequences and repercussions that we'll never know about or will just be rumored.

Broner APOLOGIZED quickly and fast for a reason....quickly and fast champ. He and hopefully some of the Broner supporters in here learned a valuable lesson from his mistakes...."never say **** something if you don't mean it".

In life sometimes there are people or entities you just don't go up against. Adrien Broner had to learn that lesson the hard way this time unfortunately.
Nobody and definitely not I are denying that he apologized fast. Although, quickly would've been if he apologized in the same day and did an about face.

From the little tv interview I saw him give on TMZ sports outside of his tweets or w/e he apologized for the disrespect (and quite frankly who knows if he's sincere) and that was that specifically because somebody he respects reached out to him to do so. He still says he feels insulted by their offer and that he would not do business with Roc Nation or Jay in the future when it comes to boxing.

Son basically said I went a bit overboard but I already said it so saying sorry now won't mean much.

So yeah, like I said I doubt this affects his next fight or money moving forward. Somebody reached out to him for this to do this. Pretty much letting us know he wouldn't have done it had somebody had not checked him. I don't see how Jay or Roc Nation is gonna be able to negatively affect dude's future. He'll do that on his own. I'll repeat myself in saying unless you're gonna speculate on behind the scenes reprimands there's not much more to talk about here or anything solid to say his boxing career is gonna go nowhere.
I don't see huge backlash here.

Roc Nation isn't some huge sports agency that can make or break careers. CAA is the one that's on the rise.

Broner clowned around and got disrespectful. Somebody reached out to him (someone he most likely respects or possibly his own business partners) and he apologized publicly.

Doubt this affects his next fight or his money moving forward unless yall want to speculate about consequences and repercussions that we'll never know about or will just be rumored.

Is it life and death? Maybe not, but since when does this peon think he can talk like that to someone who just offered him 40 million? That isn't peanuts. And Roc Nation is cutting a name for itself.
Well not even to go to the extreme of life and death. I can agree cuz I don't know who the **** this dude was either until I entered the thread. Dude is just like any other boxer with a chip on their shoulder though. They'll talk reckless when they feel they're offended.

It's cuz he's a "peon" that makes this whole situation so hilarious. You got "peons" openly throwing Jay and Roc under the bus at the same time disrespecting Rhianna like she collateral damage. Dudes out here looking like they got no clout or pull in that business. It's only exacerbated in this social media get the info fast age.

Last edited:
Your entitled to your opinion bro but I believe Matthysse would bully Broner. Broner can't sit in the pocket and pop shot guy a guy like Matthysse when he's too busy backpedaling on the balls of his feet trying not to get his head knocked off. It's a foregone conclusion to say that they possess different styles. :lol:

Garcia would obviously destroy him, like I said.

As far as Vargas, I thought he looked good against DeMarco. He obviously needs to step up in competition but I wouldn't say he "isn't very good". Also you can't compare two fighters by how they fought the same opponent. That's a cardinal rule in boxing analysis.

And while Peterson hasn't fought a big name opponent since losing to Maidana, I still believe that he'd handily defeat Broner.

Oh and just for ***** and giggles, Provodnikov would eat Broner's food as well.

But hey, like I said, you're entitled to your opinion bro. And for the record, I had Paulie winning by a round.

dude, thats how DSG fought Mattysse literally all he did was stay in the pockey and counter-attack him and even went blow to blow with him i think in the 8th round, when everyone was calling the fight to end in a KO against Mattysse

i dont get why people talk **** about boxing when you can easily pull up the fight, here's the fight DSG fighting Mattyssee in the pocket and going blow-to-blow

for the Demarco fight, yes you can especially when you can't outbox someone who another person did... Broner outboxed/beat down Demarco easily... it looked like an amateur versus a pro...Vargas,on the other hand, had difficulties, he is a boxer and he lost some rounds against Demarco, while Broner is a boxer/puncher, outboxed, and out-maneuvered Demarco every single time

Provodnikov would get outboxed to death by Broner, even with his horrible footwork, all Algieri had to do was turn him and jab

dude, thats how DSG fought Mattysse literally all he did was stay in the pockey and counter-attack him and even went blow to blow with him i think in the 8th round, when everyone was calling the fight to end in a KO against Mattysse

i dont get why people talk **** about boxing when you can easily pull up the fight, here's the fight DSG fighting Mattyssee in the pocket and going blow-to-blow

for the Demarco fight, yes you can especially when you can't outbox someone who another person did... Broner outboxed/beat down Demarco easily... it looked like an amateur versus a pro...Vargas,on the other hand, had difficulties, he is a boxer and he lost some rounds against Demarco, while Broner is a boxer/puncher, outboxed, and out-maneuvered Demarco every single time

Provodnikov would get outboxed to death by Broner, even with his horrible footwork, all Algieri had to do was turn him and jab

DSG is an INFINITELY better boxer-puncher than Broner you SERIOUS bro!?

And I've seen the fight my dude. Garcia has far more pop in his punches than Broner which is why he can stand in the pocket.

Broner is NOT that guy.

You're seriously giving Broner way more credit than most.

Provodnikov would get outboxed to death by Broner right? Just like Maidana got outboxed to death right? That was the general sentiment going into the Maidana fight right? How did that work for Broner?

:lol:

You act like Broner can outbox every plodding power puncher as if his movement and punch output is enough. Nevermind that DSG has far better lateral movement and punch output, two things that Broner has lacked throughout his career. The guy is straight up LETHARGIC at times, when he can't pop shot guys he's backpedalling and that's when he gets caught.

Dude is NOT going to be able to sit in the pocket against the likes of Matthysse and Provodnikov, I promise you, I'll put money on it if the fights happen bro. I guarantee he won't be able to find his comfort zone against either guy.

Quote me.

Last edited:
You wouldnt say it to his face I bet.
Haha maybe he would. But first would need to brush his hair. (Broner fans know what I mean 
laugh.gif
)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom