ADVICE: 38 YEARS OLD W/ J 'S........

I'm 22 turning 23 in aug. I think my shoehead days are coming to a end. i copped the dmp VI's 2 month ago. I'm just waiting to finish my collectionthen i'm calling it retirement. But i'm not selling none of them. The only pair of kickz I sell was the first og dub zero that it. I didnt care aboutthat at all. And traded a pair of puma for 8 bucks. But it did hurts 3 yrs ago, when my pops gaves away my og team jordan to my $$#%%%# cousin in china. Itwas one restore job from becoming fresh again. And worst of all, he did it without my permission too. I was about to take it back from my cousin, but hedestory them. Damn you old man!!!!!!!!!!
mad.gif

I'm 31 years old I have this passion for sneaker for the past 16 years. My first jay's bought my dad for me is the infrared vi. It was memorable for mebecause that's the year start playing ball. Then followed by vii bordeaux, aqua 8, flight series and the penny sneakers.

I'm 33 with three beautiful women in my life (wife and two daughters), and I would begin by saying that your family should be the most important thing toyou in this world. If your J collection gets in the way of providing for your family, then hang it up my friend. If it doesn't...who cares how old youare?! Do what you love as long as it doesn't affect the ones that you love. I have been selling my collection off to help pay for car seats, diapers,etc., whenever we need to, but I hold on to other J's to keep. Just remember to keep your family FIRST!

I used to have a pretty vast AJ + Nike collection but I have sold a large portion of them. Keeping the XIs and thats it.

I'm 34 and still collecting...sort of. I sold off a bunch a few years ago, and I only buy a few releases a year. My son gets the majority of my monetaryattention these days. He goes through shoes like most kids have bathroom breaks.

Hey I think it depends on the situation that you are you noe if the bills gotta get paid then u have to do wat u have to do bro I own 150+ my wife owns waymore then me js n nikes but I don't think I will be give it up any time soon plus been old doesn't mean that u can't wear js as long u keep itclassy u noe nice jeans with a colar shirt or something like that then u good but if u gonna wear your jeans belove ur nees and a xxxl white t then is reallygonna looked stupid

This is actually a really good post. Kind of lets people know they're not the only older collectors out there, and that sneakers really do transcendgenerations, etc... If you think about it, our generation really brought all this sneaker madness up because as much as people liked to wear a clean pair ofpro-keds, it wasn't anything like how when Jordans started or when Nike really blew up into something big.

But enough of that... as far as the question at hand, should you give up collecting sneakers because of your age, someone else said it perfect by saying aslong as it doesn't interfere with the responsibilities of manhood. I have somewhere between 35-45 pairs right now, and at one point had waaaay over 100,but when I met my wife and we decided to get married, considering that we were both in a tight spot and had to pay for a wedding, moving to a new place,basically a new life, I knew I had to leave some of it behind. I sold my collection save for about 25 pairs or so. The rest have come in the last year, but Igot rid of ALOT of stuff I wish i could have kept (my dmp pack, all my VII's, my DS og XVII's, OG am96's, OG barkleys, OG uptempos, the list goeson...) because I had more important things on my plate. Now I get just the stuff I know I REALLY want, not just everything I see that I like, and only whenthere's extra money to spare and all the bills, etc... are paid. As long as your priorities are straight and family comes first, it's ok to have ahobby.

I'm 20 so you might not take my advice age-wise but as a fellow sneaker head, i've been addicted since I was about 14 so thru out the past 6 yearsi've had my fair share of retirement thoughts and all I can say is this. Set aside the age, if you're not hurting financially, keep the kicks, they maytake up some space but hey if they're not bothering you jus hold on to em. You won't regret it. Keep what you have, and you can still"retire".

You could never be to old for your passion,as long as i have life im collecting J's,the way i see it is im 30 and jordan is way older than me and hecollects 6 pairs of every airjordan sneaker so there will never be and age limit because nobody wheres more J's than MJ RIGHT,sneaker collecting is a Godgiving love,eather you have it or you dont.

Adelpho'CooL'
Collect 4 Life
Nassau,Bahamas

Originally Posted by KB8virginia

I'm 38 years old with a loving wife and a 8 month old daughter. I have roughly 50 pairs of sneakers mostly Jordans, have Kobe's, Barkley's, Penny's you name it. I've been with the sneaker collection business for about 5 years now since I migrated to the States. Of all those 50 pairs, seldom do I use them, they're all kept in the box overcrowding my closet, and 2 other closets. This past several weeks, I've been considering/thinking about retiring from this but sometimes I just could not resist!!!! Considering my age and the current crisis, DO YOU THINK IT'S WISE TO HANG IT UP, SELL MOST OF THESE 50 PAIRS AND GET ON WITH LIFE?? But on the other hand, I might regret in the end for getting rid of my J's.... what do you guys think?? I could earn some money from this and just stop buying sneakers!! DO YOU THINK I'M TOO OLD FOR THIS STUFF? HELP ME GUYS THINK....I APPRECIATE ALL THE HELP!!
im 25 and I struggle with this myself, to me its about balance... im a "head" as well..growing up in the chi its always been aboutkickz,.. it cant take over your life tho

Keep goin till you don't question it anymore and u r for sure that u wanna end the collecting...

Originally Posted by 4Walterp

I'm 33 with three beautiful women in my life (wife and two daughters), and I would begin by saying that your family should be the most important thing to you in this world. If your J collection gets in the way of providing for your family, then hang it up my friend. If it doesn't...who cares how old you are?! Do what you love as long as it doesn't affect the ones that you love. I have been selling my collection off to help pay for car seats, diapers, etc., whenever we need to, but I hold on to other J's to keep. Just remember to keep your family FIRST!

Exacttly! If it's not getting in the way of providing for your family, why would you give them up? I'm 35 years old, I have about 130 pairs and haveno intention of stopping. Air Jordans have been a part of my life for too long for me to give them up. As crazy as it sounds, they are a part of who I am atthis point.

Back
Top Bottom