Advice of Amsterdam Trip

yes, agreed on 1 week being too long of a stay there. 

I was there for 4 days and it felt a bit too long :lol: , I would have cut a day and kept it moving on to Germany.

and honestly, be responsible when you are there. I made the mistake of hitting up cafes about 3 times a day and was just gone the entire time. Like my in Amsterdam was a straight blur, which I guess I sort of did it right, but at the same time I didn't get the most out of my experience :lol:  

If you don't mind me asking, how much waas your entire trip? And how long?

If you don't mind me asking, how much waas your entire trip? And how long?
My entire trip including food, going out/nightlife (which tbh, after Amsterdam was sparse
mean.gif
), airfare and 2 total weeks of hostel living (not including my mishap with my iphone's international charges) was around $4200-$4500. I traveled by train the entire time I was there.

And I was in Europe for 25 days. But for 14 of those days I was in London visiting friends so that saved a ton of money being able to stay with them and cooking a lot of our meals when we didn't go out for dinner.

I did London/pretty much all of England (much of it in day trips leaving from London), Edinburgh, Brussels, Amsterdam, Dusseldorf, Koln, and Berlin.

Last edited:

I was dolo in Amsterdam for 8 hours or so, hit up a cafe bright and early, and practically walked around the entire red light district. Be prepared to get lost wandering those streets, especially if youre zooted 
laugh.gif
 All the streets look so similar, it's really easy to get lost. I just used the giant clock tower by the train station as a guide.

I didn't really hit up any of the nightlife, bars etc around there, but I feel like a week would be too long of a stay for me. Food is great as well.

Also be prepared to see some of the most beautiful, well dressed women casually buzzing past you on bicycles while you squander the district stoned out of your mind
laugh.gif

LMAO!
Oh im cool with getting lost, as long as I can get wifi haha. Id do the same with the clock tower.
Ok, might think about 4-5 days in stead, cheers man, any foods great tho when your baked haha.
I might just sit at a café and observes the finer women in life zooted, dosent sound like a horrible way too enjoy my time there
nerd.gif
smokin.gif
nthat.gif

yes, agreed on 1 week being too long of a stay there.

I was there for 4 days and it felt a bit too long 
laugh.gif
, I would have cut a day and kept it moving on to Germany.

and honestly, be responsible when you are there. I made the mistake of hitting up cafes about 3 times a day and was just gone the entire time. Like my in Amsterdam was a straight blur, which I guess I sort of did it right, but at the same time I didn't get the most out of my experience 
laugh.gif
That's why I plan for a week, I plan on getting high as a kite flat out but I will spare a day or 2 where I keep that too the night time and be lil more productive in them days. Im going because I have a invested interest in hemp and weed. And too chill the **** out, just chill yanno?
I think you did the trip right haha, but I do understand what your saying, theres always next time, europes so small

My entire trip including food, going out/nightlife (which tbh, after Amsterdam was sparse
mean.gif
), airfare and 2 total weeks of hostel living (not including my mishap with my iphone's international charges) was around $4200-$4500. I traveled by train the entire time I was there.

And I was in Europe for 25 days. But for 14 of those days I was in London visiting friends so that saved a ton of money being able to stay with them and cooking a lot of our meals when we didn't go out for dinner.

I did London/pretty much all of England (much of it in day trips leaving from London), Edinburgh, Brussels, Amsterdam, Dusseldorf, Koln, and Berlin.
Your trip is very similar too what I have in mind as far as destinations go. I might hit you with a PM at some stage if that's cool

For sure man, my inbox is always open.

You will run into tons of fellow Aussies in Amsterdam :lol: I mainly kicked it with a group of 10 Australians and a few Afrikaners I met at the Flying Pig hostel I stayed :smokin

For sure man, my inbox is always open.

You will run into tons of fellow Aussies in Amsterdam
laugh.gif
I mainly kicked it with a group of 10 Australians and a few Afrikaners I met at the Flying Pig hostel I stayed
smokin.gif
Haha great, Im going there too get away from Aussies lol. And thanks man, if I need anything il PM ya but seems pretty straight forward. Gonna hit heinken factory I think as well

Why you dudes keep insisting on not smoking before going to airport?

Break this down for me.

Why you dudes keep insisting on not smoking before going to airport?

Break this down for me.
Still a lil confused but I think due too customs bullying you if they think your cheeched. Il be still flying for weeks after Amsterdam so wont make a diff I don't think lol.
Another question, whats the thoughts on night life there, eg, party enchancers ;-)

RCK3SACTOWN or anyone else, how was your stay at the Hostel? How was it using the bathroom and leaving your stuff in the room unattended? Any wild stories?

Last edited:

RCK3SACTOWN or anyone else, how was your stay at the Hostel? Howas it using the bathroom and leaving your stuff in the room unattended? Any wild stories
Interested too hear as well!
Im not going that route, too many kicks in my baggage, no one touches them

Interested too hear as well!

Im not going that route, too many kicks in my baggage, no one touches them

Last summer when I went to Prague, I had a layover in Amsterdam, but unfortunately it was only for 2 hours, so I couldn't leave the airport. That meant no weed or red light district for me smh. It really sucked just being literally right in Amsterdam, but not able to do anything. I was supposed to extend the trip and visit Amsterdam after Poland/Prague, but it didn't work out because of how expensive the flights got. However, we booked a hostel, which seemed like it would have been amazing. After doing some research, we booked the St. Christophers at the Winston. The other great hostel is the Flying Pig(where SACTOWN stayed) and both of them have smoking rooms where everyone just chills and smokes. I think one of these hostels would be a better option for you, especially since you're traveling solo. It would give you the best opportunity to meet some people. They also have really cool rooms with awesome themes, and you can choose how many people you want to room with. They also have lockers in the room, so you don't really have to worry about your belongings.

One day, I really hope to make it to that beautiful city. I can only imagine how fun it really is. The airport was pretty cool though...I was shocked to see some of the things I saw there. Like a mobile charging station that only works by you pedaling a bike to generate energy. I guess it's things like that why they are skinny in Europe, and we are fat here in America. I was so upset my plans fell through, although Prague is pretty awesome itself.

About going to the airport high, just put some eye drops in and you'll be fine to go. I'd really recommend eating an edible before getting there. Makes the experience so awesome. Last two times I flew, I made a firecracker, and now I think it would be difficult to fly sober. Theres nothing like looking down at the clouds while you're gone. Also, the entire flight felt like a rollercoaster, which added to the excitement haha. You can definitely find some quality edibles before you depart. You have an American passport in Amsterdam, you don't think these airport workers know what you came to their city for? I highly (no pun intended) doubt they really care.

Last edited:
Last summer when I went to Prague, I had a layover in Amsterdam, but unfortunately it was only for 2 hours, so I couldn't leave the airport. That meant no weed or red light district for me smh. It really sucked just being literally right in Amsterdam, but not able to do anything. I was supposed to extend the trip and visit Amsterdam after Poland/Prague, but it didn't work out because of how expensive the flights got. However, we booked a hostel, which seemed like it would have been amazing. After doing some research, we booked the St. Christophers at the Winston. The other great hostel is the Flying Pig(where SACTOWN stayed) and both of them have smoking rooms where everyone just chills and smokes. I think one of these hostels would be a better option for you, especially since you're traveling solo. It would give you the best opportunity to meet some people. They also have really cool rooms with awesome themes, and you can choose how many people you want to room with. They also have lockers in the room, so you don't really have to worry about your belongings.

One day, I really hope to make it to that beautiful city. I can only imagine how fun it really is. The airport was pretty cool though...I was shocked to see some of the things I saw there. Like a mobile charging station that only works by you pedaling a bike to generate energy. I guess it's things like that why they are skinny in Europe, and we are fat here in America. I was so upset my plans fell through, although Prague is pretty awesome itself.

About going to the airport high, just put some eye drops in and you'll be fine to go. I'd really recommend eating an edible before getting there. Makes the experience so awesome. Last two times I flew, I made a firecracker, and now I think it would be difficult to fly sober. Theres nothing like looking down at the clouds while you're gone. Also, the entire flight felt like a rollercoaster, which added to the excitement haha. You can definitely find some quality edibles before you depart. You have an American passport in Amsterdam, you don't think these airport workers know what you came to their city for? I highly (no pun intended) doubt they really care.
Thanks for the ideas. I see what your saying about hostels but you gotta remember I don't care too much about that side as 2 of my 4 days will be spent with friends im meeting there, the remainding 2 days im pretty sure I could make friends on a tour or café or my hotel (which is amazing) "doubletree" the sky high bars is nuts. But its tempting too go a hostel, if it was separate rooms id be down, I just like my own space, well if we are talking strangers.

Sucks it didn't happen on your trip, I always make sure if I have a delay between flights that its not for a hour or 2 and make sure its 5-6 hours so I can wonder about. Theres next time, cheap holiday compared too outside of Europe. Goodluck on that bro.

As far as the before the flight thing goes, im with you, I wil be flying (no pun intended) lol. I can do things wasted no problem and if I happened too get harassed id look back on it as a memorable moment, I wont be carrying any on the plane so I got nothing too hide. Il eat up maybe not before hand tho, see how body baked I get on a diff day and then make a decision on that after. Either way I wont be sober

Do what I did, instead of smoking, buy an edible and eat it right before you step into security etc...if you time it right you'll be blasted right during take off. 

Watch movies etc while 
pimp.gif

Do what I did, instead of smoking, buy an edible and eat it right before you step into security etc...if you time it right you'll be blasted right during take off.

Watch movies etc while 
pimp.gif
LMAO! Yes bro, I plan on doing something similar, il be going home from Amsterdam so I thatd be perfect. Trying too work out if I should go too Ireland whilst visiting UK/Amsterdam or just extend my trip in them countrys atm. the Amsterdam part goes without saying ill be
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
 all day

Watch movies etc while :pimp:
LMAO! Yes bro, I plan on doing something similar, il be going home from Amsterdam so I thatd be perfect. Trying too work out if I should go too Ireland whilst visiting UK/Amsterdam or just extend my trip in them countrys atm. the Amsterdam part goes without saying ill be :nthat: :nthat: :nthat:  all day

FYI you can puff away in the outside area near the parking lot at Schipol airport.

And i've done the edibles thing but you never know when it will kick in and I ate it too early my first time. Going through security was quite an experience to say the least but the plane ride was much better than usual.

FYI you can puff away in the outside area near the parking lot at Schipol airport.

And i've done the edibles thing but you never know when it will kick in and I ate it too early my first time. Going through security was quite an experience to say the least but the plane ride was much better than usual.
Haha you mean too say you made it through security? Lol that would have been a "experience" and a half lol

Buy your anne frank tickets now...no joke they sell out months in advance and the lines get really long unless you make it there at the crack of dawn.

Bulldog is a good first shop to hit but its very touristy and their quality isnt as good as other spots. Hit as many of the random ones as possible.

Hit the pancake factory after you do anne frank

This is going to sound terrible, but real rap, Anne Frank was such a downer for a bunch of dudes in AMS :lol:

:lol: Came in expecting every reply to be going to red light district and putting up numbers, leaving surprised.

Back
Top Bottom