Africans, African Americans, West Indians & Afro-Latinos Vol: Why is there a rift between us?

idk
Been like that since I was born,

I have never had a white person disrespect(in my face) me for my heritage but African Americans notha story

"DNA studies do not indicate that separate classifiable subspecies (races) exist within modern humans. While different genes for physical traits such as skin and hair color can be identified between individuals, no consistent patterns of genes across the human genome exist to distinguish one race from another. There also is no genetic basis for divisions of human ethnicity. People who have lived in the same geographic region for many generations may have some alleles in common, but no allele will be found in all members of one population and in no members of any other."

There is no genetic basis for modern racial classifications....as they were just made to justify the economic systems of Trans-Atlantic slavery and European Imperialism...but there is unarguable evidence that supports that fact that there are distinct genetic groupings of the human family.

http://scholar.google.com/scholar?q...a=X&ei=AkdeUJaYGOjk0QHLyoDIBQ&ved=0CBkQgQMwAA

Our preliminary family studies have suggested that some female first-degree relatives of women with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) have hyperandrogenemia per se. It was our hypothesis that this may be a genetic trait and thus could represent a phenotype suitable for linkage analysis.

Ethnic and geographic differences in the incidence of this “garden-variety
type” type 2 diabetes indicate that it too is heterogeneous (1).
Indeed, two diabetes susceptibility genes for type 2 diabetes
have recently been identified: the one found in Mexican
Americans [NIDDM 1 (7)] is different from the one found in
Finnish families (NIDDM 2) (8).

Etc. etc.

In 2004, Lynn Jorde and Steven Wooding argued that "Analysis of many loci now yields reasonably accurate estimates of genetic similarity among individuals, rather than populations. Clustering of individuals is correlated with geographic origin or ancestry.

350px-Neighbor-joining_Tree.svg.png

i-274aeb3170f0cfcbbc64f4bbc5cecb0f-tishkoff_africa_map.jpg

Just look up Human Genetic Clustering....

But I'm not advocating separation right now....I'm speaking to unity.

Last edited:
I'm not well read on it goldenchild but I will do some research and get back, I honestly just googled what you said and that was the first quote I found :lol:

This thread under sells culture like no one's business...

"Afro latino".... *chuckles*

Talk about imposed labels...

I'm not well read on it goldenchild but I will do some research and get back, I honestly just googled what you said and that was the first quote I found :lol:

No doubt.

There is no real scientific justification for the racial classifications of the "White", "Black", "Yellow", "Red" races besides superficial phenotypical differences but there is overwhelming scientific evidence pointing to the existence of distinct groupings of the human population, which fall closer along the lines of "true ethnicity".

We are all Humans and the racial groupings of Black, White, etc are more akin to a social caste system than an accurate system of identification ....but within the human population, there are certainly distinct families.

Acknowledging that fact doesn't mean that you advocate injustice and discrimination.

its not imposed if its fact sir.

If your genetic make up is 50 percent sub saharan african + 25 percent native spainard, you my friend are a combination of the two which is Afro Latino.

Everybody can be linked genetically.

It's just a fact those specific cultures are just very different. No matter how similar they may look on the outside.

You never hear anybody ask about the "rifts" between Chinese and Japanese or Italians and Irish and why they can't "unite"

Some people in this thread want every brown skin person to hold hands and skip along with a new unified culture
laugh.gif

Just accept the fact that there are differences and embrace them as such

GoldenChild9, I can tell you have sincere aims, but its still not accurate as far as I'm concerned.

See if you're going to sprout numbers about the incidence of certain diseases in populations, then the prevalence of those genetic markers don't indicate "ethnic divisions."

What you're describing is what results when you have segments of the population that stay amongst themselves and propagate those genes in their communities.

I get that there are genetic markers that you can trace to find out "where groups originate" or link to, but that doesn't indicate actual DIVISION...more so relationship. 

Like if you have an isolated group of people in the mountains that stay there for thousands of years amongst themselves, they're going to mutate and develop a set of traits that aren't like those which they started with...it doesn't make them less human (until we start talking longer periods of time [WAY longer] where actual evolution might take place into new species). 

Life is just one massive shade of grey. There are OBVIOUS branches, but the distinctions between humans are very few. On top of that, thanks to globalization, those differences are about to get even smaller. We stopped our expansion and diversity and are bringing it right back together again. 

its not imposed if its fact sir.

If your genetic make up is 50 percent sub saharan african + 25 percent native spainard, you my friend are a combination of the two which is Afro Latino.

Dont waste your keystrokes

Last edited:

If you personally don't relate to that label (which we all know you don't), then by all means do you. That doesn't mean that there aren't Latinos who recognize themselves as such. This isn't a term I just created out of thin air.

dont forget dominicans, op

yes, i know what im doing

:lol: :lol: I was waiting on this

If you personally don't relate to that label (which we all know you don't), then by all means do you. That doesn't mean that there aren't Latinos who recognize themselves as such. This isn't a term I just created out of thin air.

This

We're latino/Hispanic

Nothing more, nothing less. Carmelo Anthony, who is ½ black & Puerto rican

Says it just like that, same thing with noreaga & AZ who is ½ black & Dominican.

Both my parents are dominican so thats what i claim. There's no afro anything because

Da Dominican Republic is part of da latin america diaspora. This is why Dominicans, cubans & ricans

Dont attend da west indian parade even though geographically we are in da west indies.

We're latino/Hispanic

Says it just like that, same thing with noreaga & AZ who is ½ black & Dominican.

Both my parents are dominican so thats what i claim. There's no afro anything because

Da Dominican Republic is part of da latin america diaspora. This is why Dominicans, cubans & ricans

Dont attend da west indian parade even though geographically we are in da west indies.
Well now ya'll are just stuck up. 
roll.gif

Everybody wanna be a ...but don't nobody wanna be a...

Seems like you wish to disassociate yourself with anything that is positive for people who share "looks" with you for lack of a better listener

We're latino/Hispanic
Thats fine to claim all that BUT your DNA states otherwise, your genetic make up states otherwise. You can claim to be a chicken and a cow, but your DNA will say you have African Blood running through your veins, probably more so than you think you have spainish/Native blood in your veins. That does not change your culture of what you grew up to know, however, it is FACT and REALITY whether you like or not.

^I understand what ninjahood is saying in a cultural sense.

But I think you guys should look into the colonial history of DR/Haiti and it may give you better insight as to why he feels this way and other don't.

Out of curiosity, what ethnicity is on your ID?

That's fine to claim all that BUT your DNA states otherwise, your genetic make up states otherwise. You can claim to be a chicken and a cow, but your DNA will say you have African Blood running through your veins, probably more so than you think you have Spanish/Native blood in your veins. Chances are if you DO have African DNA, typical African features(you do know the black man's genes are the most DOMINANT genes out of the gene pool), then you physically display African traits. That does not change your culture of what you grew up to know, however, it is FACT and REALITY whether you like or not. 

And nobody says your obligated to go to the west indie stuff. Rachet mess goes on at all those parades LOL.

Last edited:
FutureMD is killing it right now.

Out of curiosity NinjaHood since you brought up the west indies comparison, what if the Dominican Republic spoke English? Im sure as all hell y'all would attend the parade.

Also never understood why Spanish speaking America refer to themselves as Latinos or Hispanics. Many don't have Spanish blood. You don't see Brazilians calling themselves Hisportuguese's or Americans calling themselves Anglos or Englishmen. Latinos are the Latin/southern European countries, Hispanics are spaniards. Historians messed that up terribly.

Last edited:
Everybody wanna be a ...but don't nobody wanna be a...
Seems like you wish to disassociate yourself with anything that is positive for people who share "looks" with you for lack of a better listener
I'm looking to dissociate myself from anything positive? Not at all. I just don't limit myself to the ring of people that look like me for the sake of doing so.

Out of curiosity NinjaHood since you brought up the west indies comparison, what if the Dominican Republic spoke English? Im sure as all hell y'all would attend the parade.

Also never understood why Spanish speaking America refer to themselves as Latinos or Hispanics. Many don't have Spanish blood. You don't see Brazilians calling themselves Hisportuguese's. Latinos are the Latin/southern European countries, Hispanics are spaniards. Historians messed that up terribly.
Just ask him where that melanin came from. 
roll.gif

See the difference is... I know where I came from, I just dont let that limit me.

Ninjahood is only willing to recognize the convenient half of him when its politically advantageous to do so. 

Last edited:

Also never understood why Spanish speaking America refer to themselves as Latinos or Hispanics. Many don't have Spanish blood. You don't see Brazilians calling themselves Hisportuguese's or Americans calling themselves Anglos or Englishmen. Latinos are the Latin/southern European countries, Hispanics are spaniards. Historians messed that up terribly.

Last edited:
^I understand what ninjahood is saying in a cultural sense.

But I think you guys should look into the colonial history of DR/Haiti and it may give you better insight as to why he feels this way and other don't.

Out of curiosity, what ethnicity is on your ID?

That's what he cannot differentiate. No one is taking away his culture, k you identify with hispanic/lation but your genetic makeup says different. Two separate issues.

Back
Top Bottom