After 13 years of eBay, I'm officially done Update: They ruled in buyers favor OUTRAGED..Update 2 TH

Additionally I now video tape myself packing the item & mailing it. (No cuts)

So you box it up at post office or whatever while holding a camera or on some sort of stand? Seems like that would only help if they said you put books or something in the box but if they say "item not as described" that covers a wide range claims the buyer could make.

PayPal reserves the right not to dispute a chargeback even if the seller has provided some evidence, particularly if PayPal believes the dispute is not likely to be successful.

Straight from the PayPal site :smh:

I been selling on eBay for awhile.. Never been scammed thankfully.. But you can't knock the hustle of these ppl taking advantage of the system while they can before there is a fix... But I would never do it.. Sucks to ppl who get scammed.. I blame Paypal and eBay for this
indifferent.gif

I hate this ebay/paypal so much. 11 year veteran speaking :smh:

You'd think the most logical thing they can do is implement a tracking system for the buyer to send back to the seller, but noooo, that would make too much sense to do so they won't do it.

Plus their fees are ridiculous. Let me charge you a listing fee, a final auction fee, and a paypal fee. These folks are crooks and I hope they go bankrupt. [/end rant]

I was all about eBay long time ago from 2001-2005.
Been over it since then. Scammed once.
Plus all the fees.

Just doin Craigslist every so often.

thats why i dont use scambay unless im buying and only things like firewires,harddrives,etc i dont want to post anything because i might end up like you (no offense) im just not tryna have those struggles in my life

That Atlantic Penny II story :wow: :stoneface: :smh:

How can they allow that to happen 29 days later after positive feedback was left?

Like someone said earlier, gotta withdraw that money ASAP. It makes PayPal reconsider the "dispute."

Anyways, I feel for you OP; when I sold college textbooks on Amazon I got scammed like 4 times in a row until I finally stopped on there. It is in both eBay and Amazon's "best interest" to keep buyers coming to the network because sellers want the eyeballs. Still sad.

lesson of this  is make craigslist your number one friend...never done  business on ebay and dont expect to start

Who was it on here that almost got robbed during a CL meet up and then came back to NT to post up their tweets?

Has this happened to you? No way PP will stick their hands in your bank account once withdrawal is completed, right?
But they can put ur paypal account in the negative and send u to collections...not sure what, if any effect it has on ones credit

another reason not to deal with ebay or paypal when sell

cash or money order is the only way to go

I've been selling online since 08 or 09 and I've had maybe 6-7 people pay with something other than PayPal. It's risky for the buyer 99.9% of people use PayPal.

Craiglist is cool but some many flakers/lowballers and people asking stupid questions (even more so than online which says a lot)

Last edited:
Like someone said earlier, gotta withdraw that money ASAP. It makes PayPal reconsider the "dispute."

Anyways, I feel for you OP; when I sold college textbooks on Amazon I got scammed like 4 times in a row until I finally stopped on there. It is in both eBay and Amazon's "best interest" to keep buyers coming to the network because sellers want the eyeballs. Still sad.

damn amazon too? :smh:

I put up an auction for a Gucci bag (100% real) I copped it from the Gucci outlet at my mall, included gift receipt, original tags, and everything. I sold it to someone on eBay and he received the bag on the 18th of March and 2 days later he leaves me a POSITIVE FEEDBACK saying he "got the bag even though it was horribly packaged"

Anyway, about 6 days pass and I get a charge back email from paypal and the money he sent me deducted out of my account stating the "item is not as described" I contact the buyer and he is not responding to any of my emails, even though I can see he is leaving positive feedback for others so he is active on eBay.

The item is EXACTLY as described and pictured, I call paypal and they are of no help, all they can tell me is to wait until the investigation is done. I don't understand how paypal can just allow people to scam others like this..Has anyone ever experienced anything like this? Any advice? I emailed paypal all the "Evidence" I can but I have a feeling this dude is going to take my money and keep the bag for free and the kicker is HE LEFT ME A POSITIVE FEEDBACK AFTER 2 DAYS OF HAVING THE BAG. Thanks for your time, I appreciate it

So you haven't actually lost yet but you are pretty much giving up at this point? I keep telling people, stay aggressive with them. Keep calling, explain your situation to as many people as you can. From my experience you should get your money back. He will have to provide a tracking number and return your bag if he wants a refund. I had a guy file a chargeback 3 months later after leaving psitive feedback. I called paypal and they put the money right back in my account, the issue wasn't resolved but I was covered under seller protection so I didn't need to deal with it. If you follow the rules paypal will eat your loss based on their protection programs. I have had many issues with various buyers but rarely have I ever lost any money.

I also think they treat sellers who spend a ton on pp fees and have been around awhile differently than new users. I feel like this wouldn't even be an issue if it was my account.

So you haven't actually lost yet but you are pretty much giving up at this point? I keep telling people, stay aggressive with them. Keep calling, explain your situation to as many people as you can. From my experience you should get your money back. He will have to provide a tracking number and return your bag if he wants a refund. I had a guy file a chargeback 3 months later after leaving psitive feedback. I called paypal and they put the money right back in my account, the issue wasn't resolved but I was covered under seller protection so I didn't need to deal with it. If you follow the rules paypal will eat your loss based on their protection programs. I have had many issues with various buyers but rarely have I ever lost any money.

I also think they treat sellers who spend a ton on pp fees and have been around awhile differently than new users. I feel like this wouldn't even be an issue if it was my account.
Thanks for posting this. How do I know if I'm under their seller protection policy? I called them as soon as I found out there was a chargeback and they basically told me I have to wait and they didn't refund anything. I'm going to call again now.

mean.gif
sick.gif

Celticsfan,
mean.gif
. Thats why I'm scared of buying online,rather do it locally.Hope you get your money back.

I been selling on eBay for awhile.. Never been scammed thankfully.. But you can't knock the hustle of these ppl taking advantage of the system while they can before there is a fix... But I would never do it.. Sucks to ppl who get scammed.. I blame Paypal and eBay for this
Shut up and do what your avy tells you. That "hustle" you're talking about is called stealing, cheating, and lying

You've gotta be careful with everything. A lot of people using CL make a living off getting people on a face to face basis. Bang.

Back
Top Bottom