ahhhhhh car help needed...02 Galant

I went to a mechanic, got a new alternator belt and tire and since then, i've had nothing but issues.  My new tire keeps getting a slow leak(same issue I had with the old tire), yet when I brought it back, they said the rim and tire were good.  Then that same day, I parked my car and then when I tried to start it up, it wouldn't turn on.  I got a new battery about 2 months ago so I figure that wasn't the problem.  I got a boost, started driving and than a minute later, my car went out on me while I was driving and shut off.  The lights were dimming at the time.  Took it to the mechanic, they said everything was fine.  Drove it around when I picked it up, seemed good.  Next day, started it up, all good.  Today, no luck, car wouldn't start.  This time at least it automatically locks the doors and the lights go on but it sounds like it's struggling to turn on.  Any idea on what it could be for both situations?

I went to a mechanic, got a new alternator belt and tire and since then, i've had nothing but issues.  My new tire keeps getting a slow leak(same issue I had with the old tire), yet when I brought it back, they said the rim and tire were good.  Then that same day, I parked my car and then when I tried to start it up, it wouldn't turn on.  I got a new battery about 2 months ago so I figure that wasn't the problem.  I got a boost, started driving and than a minute later, my car went out on me while I was driving and shut off.  The lights were dimming at the time.  Took it to the mechanic, they said everything was fine.  Drove it around when I picked it up, seemed good.  Next day, started it up, all good.  Today, no luck, car wouldn't start.  This time at least it automatically locks the doors and the lights go on but it sounds like it's struggling to turn on.  Any idea on what it could be for both situations?

change the nuts and that wrap around the battery.. might have that battery oil crust on it from the old battery.

i had the same issue before, changed that nut that attached to the battery and everything was fine.

change the nuts and that wrap around the battery.. might have that battery oil crust on it from the old battery.

i had the same issue before, changed that nut that attached to the battery and everything was fine.

Sound like your alternator is not working or the terminals on you battery is corroded....when you are driving is you battery light on your dash liting up after driving for awhile?

Sound like your alternator is not working or the terminals on you battery is corroded....when you are driving is you battery light on your dash liting up after driving for awhile?

Ok your alternator is not charging your system and its draining your battery. This problem didn't happen until you took it to the mechanic? Now with the tire thing can you hear the air hissing when you get close to the tire

Ok your alternator is not charging your system and its draining your battery. This problem didn't happen until you took it to the mechanic? Now with the tire thing can you hear the air hissing when you get close to the tire

^ did he check the valve? have him check it and replace it. Son shouldve done that when he changed your tires

^ did he check the valve? have him check it and replace it. Son shouldve done that when he changed your tires

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

yeah imma thinking he didn't put new valve stems on tire because he said your tire and rim is good...you can check your tire yourself if you have a Jack plus some jackstsands and a 4 way lug remover. Just untighten the lugs while car still on the ground then Jack your car up and slide the jackstsands under the car. Finish taking the lugs off and remove the tire. Get you a spray bottle and fill it with water and lil bit of liquid soap and spary the tire. If you see the water bubble up anywhere on the tire its a pinhole leak in your tire, but if no bubbles you should take it back to the mechanic and tell him that your tire is still leaking. I ment to ask I know you said you just go a battery 2 months ago but, does it have any corrosion on the terminals or the cables?

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

yeah imma thinking he didn't put new valve stems on tire because he said your tire and rim is good...you can check your tire yourself if you have a Jack plus some jackstsands and a 4 way lug remover. Just untighten the lugs while car still on the ground then Jack your car up and slide the jackstsands under the car. Finish taking the lugs off and remove the tire. Get you a spray bottle and fill it with water and lil bit of liquid soap and spary the tire. If you see the water bubble up anywhere on the tire its a pinhole leak in your tire, but if no bubbles you should take it back to the mechanic and tell him that your tire is still leaking. I ment to ask I know you said you just go a battery 2 months ago but, does it have any corrosion on the terminals or the cables?

Back
Top Bottom