AIR BAKIN 2014 RETRO

People were buying black/red 1s from em I think they said they were legit but if you search that thread you'll probably find your answer

Just need the original Black/Blue/Grey colorway and I'll be straight.

$150 :x both nike and footlocker release calendars said $125 just a week or so ago, why the sudden increase :smh:

$150
sick.gif
both nike and footlocker release calendars said $125 just a week or so ago, why the sudden increase
mean.gif
GREED! 

150 lmao oh boy you would think if you want something to move you dont price hike you start reasonable and sell more rather than let them rot for under 100 cuz that is so guaranteed to go on major sale.

Yeah, but you forget, Nike doesn't care. You aren't paying them - the retailers are. If they sit at retail, that's not Nike's problem. They already got their bread from the retailers. If the retailer has to drop them way below retail to move them, that's not Nike's problem. So, they aren't gouging you as much as they are gouging their account holders.

BTW, I think I bought the last retro for somewhere between $30-$40. Like 49.99 w 30% off from Finish Line or something.

Given all the websites that post "deals" now, I doubt they'll get that low this time around. But, waiting for 70-80 is probably feasible for those who want them this time around.

Yeah, but you forget, Nike doesn't care. You aren't paying them - the retailers are. If they sit at retail, that's not Nike's problem. They already got their bread from the retailers. If the retailer has to drop them way below retail to move them, that's not Nike's problem. So, they aren't gouging you as much as they are gouging their account holders.

BTW, I think I bought the last retro for somewhere between $30-$40. Like 49.99 w 30% off from Finish Line or something.

Given all the websites that post "deals" now, I doubt they'll get that low this time around. But, waiting for 70-80 is probably feasible for those who want them this time around.

What happens when the get rtv'd tho? Does nike give them all their bread back or just partial?

What happens when the get rtv'd tho? Does nike give them all their bread back or just partial?

That is a good question.

I don't know many details on the RTV process - when a product is eligible for RTV, the economics, etc.

I'd presume that there are either limits on how much a retailer can return, or they essentially sell the items back to Nike for less than they paid to originally procure them.

This is just an educated guess though.

Appreciate it. I doubt these get rtv'd tho (at least in the red c/w ) was just curious tho. I imagine there's a limit or they only get minimal amounts back because of how cheap they get in outlets sometimes and the whole situation with Dtlr wholesaling to foreign countries

Yup. But define clearance?

I think they hit atleast 89.99 on finishline if they get them on there. Eastbay is a lil more stingy but they let you use coupon codes

Clearance definition specifically for these = anything under that ridiculous $150/$160

Last edited:
So we can all say these will sit AND go on clearance...

Yup. But define clearance?

I think they hit atleast 89.99 on finishline if they get them on there. Eastbay is a lil more stingy but they let you use coupon codes

My bet is 89.99 pretty easy, and possibly 69.99, but you'll have to look - like at some outlets while they are priced higher at others. ...Or, 89.99 plus some coupon codes, ebates, etc. that bring your actual cost further down.

For perspective, think about the OG black CW of the 180 highs. I was able to get a second pair off Jimmy Jazz for something like $90 shipped. And, those smoked compared to the Bakins last time around. When the Bakins were sitting at like 49.99 and lower last release (2008?), the '06 pairs of the 180s were getting like 250 on ebay,

So, I'd be surprised if they didn't beat, or at least match the 180s, discount-wise.

...Then again, around that same time ATC Lavas and Clays were sitting at outlets for 69.99. And, times have definitely changed on those. (Maybe it's just the Yeezy effect though.)

Last edited:
so is anyone cop'n on rd lol? im trying to hold out till the price drops but you never know these days.

finishline got these for all who have 20 off coupon. do they let you use a rewards 20 off with a promo code too? if so these just became 100 bucks. with the ebates 5% of course lol

Back
Top Bottom