air force 1s is it underated

I used to buy a pair of AF1 every now and then but I stopped buying them because they went up more in price then I think they're worth. I'll stick with the J's

No argument that the garbage they put out now is not worth $88 or whatever. But, are you under the impression that the plastic Jordans they put out are worth their money?

If you want anything that's going to close to "worth" their retail price, you are going to have to dip out of the retro lane and into new, performance type shoes.

AF1's will never get old/out of style... i remember being like 10 or 11 and going on pickyourshoes and just looking at all the diff colorways but i could never ask my parents to buy me any because they were a lot of money lol i dont even know how i got them to buy me my first pair

these were my first pair i copped in 5th grade (same year nelly put out the song), i loved the mids back then but now im more of a low fan..

cotton sock liner > mesh sock liner

the first nike air force crapped all over it's little brother air jordan

but come '88 & the 3rd model of each...the tables turned

also, af1's give you an extra inch of height (for the shorty's)

Last edited:
"underrated" is not the word i would use. i would say, "past their prime"

i live in maryland, but i just started college in toronto. you'd be surprised by the amount of "hood" dudes rocking af1s, baggy true religions, basketball jerseys w/ the matching fitteds, etc. 
roll.gif

i feel like i've time traveled to a dipset music video in 2003 sometimes.

i guess canadians didn't get the memo...
i guess Canadians wear what they like

I like how they are trying to reinvent the shoe with the lunar air forces and the foamposite air forces right now. its a classic silhouette and will probably never die out. I'm more of a nike dunk sb guy because of their comfort. AF1s are so damn stiff and uncomfortable so I never wanted to buy a pair again since I was in high school. At that time everyone and their mother had AF1s on and you would be getting clowned on if you weren't wearing a pair of all black or all whites.

Nuff said.

By the way, Nike's best-selling shoe is actually the Monarch, with the AF1 being second.

I tried on a pair of these a month ago
sick.gif

Quality fell off really bad for these shoes

I say the Late 90's were they best time for AF!'s

I think they got overrated when Nelly made that song and everybody and their mamma started jumping on the hype

Last edited:
Its all about what you like. If you have a bunch of pairs, then u must have bought them for a reason. Im sorry but too many ppl on here asking for what other ppl think they should cop. Wear what you like, dont follow the hype

I tried on a pair of these a month ago:x

Quality fell off really bad for these shoes

I say the Late 90's were they best time for AF!'s

I think they got overrated when Nelly made that song and everybody and their mamma started jumping on the hype
I

I bought a pair of white w navy swoosh and sole like 2 months ago bc they cost me like 38 bucks on NDC. Would have prefered a gum sole but oh well. Anyway when i tried them on, i couldnt believe the weight. Been a while since i put on some AF1s. Felt like bricks on my feet

Last edited:
I

I bought a pair of white w navy swoosh and sole like 2 months ago bc they cost me like 38 bucks on NDC. Would have prefered a gum sole but oh well. Anyway when i tried them on, i couldnt believe the weight. Been a while since i put on some AF1s. Felt like bricks on my feet
Oh yeah i agree with you to the fullest, the ones i tried on were a tight fit, the leather you could tell after a couple of wears could crease bad

^It's not very hard to believe if you really think about it. Look at the price ($50). Then think about all the uses for the shoe. It's a training shoe, work shoe, walking shoe, kitchen shoe, just an all-around multi-purpose shoe. Then add the comfort and durability of the shoe, and you got Nike's best selling shoe ever.

Air Force 1 over EVERYTHING 
nthat.gif

lol it all depends on the timing.
back in 04'-07' - Air Force Era
07'-11'- Dunks SB Era
11'-Current- Air Jordan Era

This is a timeless design copied time and time again. Personally my favorites are the high's, i had a black/white pair that i beat into the ground for 5-6 years, didnt even look bad til the last year or so haha

Its been a year since i posted this question and imma say i love them becasue thats the shoe that got me started and imma baout to start getting back on the af1 train so that means its going to be hard to find the older air force 1s but its going to be a fun search

Back
Top Bottom