Air Jordan 1 Banned NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by memphissfinest

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

QFT.

THIS WAS DEF A PLANNED MOVE BY NIKE. PORTLAND AND CHICAGO WAS JUST THE INITIAL TEST. EXPECT MORE RELEASES LIKE THIS IN THE FUTURE.
OUTLETS having released dates?

E-mails being sent to OUTLETS.

C'on now.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif

THAT'S WHAT I SAID ABOUT THIS RELEASE INTIALLY BUT I WAS PROVEN WRONG. LIKE I SAID I CAN SEE THIS HAPPENING AGAIN AFTER NIKE SEES THE SUCCESS THESE BANNED 1'S HAD.

CAN'T BLAME THEM THOUGH. BEFORE THIS RELEASE IF I SAID I HAD ACTUALLY VISITED AN OUTLET STORE IN PERSON MORE THAN TWICE, I WOULD BE LYING.
QFT. Outlets apparently don't attract a high volume of customers so it can be perceived that this was simply a "master plan" from the get go .... either way however, certainly a mess of a release!

Originally Posted by phillykix

Originally Posted by cornzilla

Why is everyone getting on 160 for? Does dissing him make you feel better, honestly if he had info and didn't want to share I don't blame him. I didn't share info until I made sure I had my pair first. So I don't blame him cause the minute he lets that go the outlet will be flooded with people buying up all the sizes and when he gets there it will be sold out.

not taking anyone's side, but the difference is:

If you have info and don't care to share it (which i don't blame people for doing), why tell people you have the info?
True, but I not saying I wouldn't give up the info. I'm just saying I would after I get my pair.
laugh.gif
When I got my Italian camo kobe's early I told everyone that asked for the location. I bought one pair for myself and let everyone else scrabble for whats left. Didn't even buy any others to resell.

Originally Posted by mr2cool80

QFT. Outlets apparently don't attract a high volume of customers so it can be perceived that this was simply a "master plan" from the get go .... either way however, certainly a mess of a release!
You're incorrect sir.

The "type" of customer you referring to (which you didn't elaborate on), fine.

But you got hundreds of thousands of folks in the U.S. -- literally -- who will buy from an outlet, or just be barefoot or bareback, as they see it as "just shoes" or "just clothing".

We can't relate, but Nike outlets do numbers.  Again, selling their own OLD products w/o a middle man.

C'on now.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif

THAT'S WHAT I SAID ABOUT THIS RELEASE INTIALLY BUT I WAS PROVEN WRONG. LIKE I SAID I CAN SEE THIS HAPPENING AGAIN AFTER NIKE SEES THE SUCCESS THESE BANNED 1'S HAD.

CAN'T BLAME THEM THOUGH. BEFORE THIS RELEASE IF I SAID I HAD ACTUALLY VISITED AN OUTLET STORE IN PERSON MORE THAN TWICE, I WOULD BE LYING.

It's not really a mess of a release other than that stores have released on different dates.  Like already mentioned, even though they're pretty much perfect quality, they're still B-Grade because they don't follow the intended production standards.  So you either A. Destroy the shoes or B. Sell them yourself.  It's just different because we're used to B-Grades coming well after a release and never before a RD.  And for the people who complain about not having access to an outlet, same thing has been going on for years now w/ HOH.  You can't really get mad because they want to make 100% cut instead of selling to FTL at 55% MSRP.  There just needs to be a consistent RD next time around, cause I GUARANTEE it'll happen again but intentionally instead of a B-Grade drop.

EDIT:

If stores like South Chi really did try to pull the okie doke on customers and misrepresent or lie about RD, then I fully agree that that's a mess that needs to be cleaned up.  

Originally Posted by smlb52

Originally Posted by freezyfreeky

how did it look at the cypress outlet?

i'm curious as well.

I would of been there but, I had orientation this morning
Yall it was like a zoo in there! Cats were running and crawling under the fence when security was letting it up. I didnt get my sz or anything close.. Had over 200 people out there and cats were trying 2 sell for 250 or better leaving the store.

QFT.

THIS WAS DEF A PLANNED MOVE BY NIKE. PORTLAND AND CHICAGO WAS JUST THE INITIAL TEST. EXPECT MORE RELEASES LIKE THIS IN THE FUTURE.

C'on now.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif

This will happen again.

The NorCal DM for Nike was at Vacaville (Black dude grey sweatshirt, maroon shirt, letting people in the door) and the Loss Prevention DM was also there.

I chatted it up with them for a hot minute after the release was over.  We exchanged crazy stories and had a real good conversation about collecting kicks.

He told me the next big release will be a raffle and will most likely have a big release per year at outlets.  I don't blame him after how some you guys straight trashed Vacaville
laugh.gif
  The garbage cans were full, but you guys acted like there wasn't a big dumpster right around the building.  I was stupid faded in line, but was respectful enough to hike myself to the back to throw crap away.

Anyways he told me the MAIN reason why he decided to start doing raffles instead of line ups.

I guess it stems back to the Yeezy release when dudes lined up at NTSF for days.  I guess some kids were crying to him about they could never convince their parents to stand in line for days and it's not fair.  Fast forward a couple months to the next big Jordan release. I guess the DM saw the crying kid again and he was still crying, but not cause he couldn't get his kicks, but cause he got them and it was his first pair of Jordans he could actually cop, cause they did a raffle and not a line.  I guess this hit home with the DM and he put the rule in effect for NorCal raffles.

He was a real cool dude and I know some of you might not be down with this raffle crap, but I can feel for kid.  I had straight lied to my parents numerous times to go cop kicks in HS because they dropped in the middle of the week or people were lining up days in advance (First cool grey release).  It wasn't right and still isn't right.  As much as everyone may hate the raffle system it gives everyone a fair chance.

Anyone find it odd that they did this release the day after the fiscal calendar ended?  They're going to show some high first quarter sales at outlets, but maybe that was the plan the whole time.  Think about how much traffic and exposure a lot of these outlets got.  I can guarantee it put more people onto outlets receiving heat.  I was talking to a few people in line that never knew outlets got Jordan VIs, and had samples in the size 9 hash section.  I know i blew a couple peoples mind when I told them Vacaville at one time had Paris dunks. 

Originally Posted by kicks409

i'm curious as well.

Yall it was like a zoo in there! Cats were running and crawling under the fence when security was letting it up. I didnt get my sz or anything close.. Had over 200 people out there and cats were trying 2 sell for 250 or better leaving the store.

wow.
so what size did you end up with?

You're incorrect sir.

The "type" of customer you referring to (which you didn't elaborate on), fine.

But you got hundreds of thousands of folks in the U.S. -- literally -- who will buy from an outlet, or just be barefoot or bareback, as they see it as "just shoes" or "just clothing".

We can't relate, but Nike outlets do numbers.  Again, selling their own OLD products w/o a middle man.
Fair enough, I should've been more accurate in my insinuation. But we can all agree in some capacity that on hindsight from this "release" Nike Execs. will take a strong look at how it created a huge Spike in their company's productivity within a short period of time, and hence potentially utilize this mal-adaptive form of Marketing to their advantage for future "releases". Nevertheless, I agree with you that I was unfairly generalizing ....

IF I SAID I HAD ACTUALLY VISITED AN OUTLET STORE IN PERSON MORE THAN TWICE, I WOULD BE LYING.
I live right next to an outlet so I'm in there once a week, hell my entire outfit I'm wearing right now is from an outlet.
laugh.gif
So they do get volumes of people just not collectors like us. I see mainly older folks and people who are looking for cheap workout cloths. Never any sneakerheads, I mean I read on here that some of the employees got excited when people started camping out for the banned.
roll.gif
even interviewed the first guy in line.

Originally Posted by kicks409

wow.
so what size did you end up with?

A damn 14 which I will probably just sell 2 my homie.

But we can all agree in some capacity that on hindsight from this "release" Nike Execs. will take a strong look at how it created a huge Spike in their company's productivity within a short period of time, and hence potentially utilize this mal-adaptive form of Marketing to their advantage for future "releases".
They're idiots.

That "power" was there all along, since 1999 in my opinion.

They "kinda" do something (most like more accidental than anything), the PEOPLE turn it into "actual" something, and here come the suits trying to take/justify credit like it was really all planned and they had control over the people's response/actions.

Psht.

I'm in those kinds of meetings weekly.

laugh.gif

I'm sooo done with this thread. Dudes is fightin on niketalk...Dudes is mad at resellers...Dudes talkin bout "rape prices" (whatever that is)...Nike gets double for what was paid for the shoes from retailers. Retailers get double for what was paid for the shoe from buyers...Everybody's coming up!

So you mad cuz you didn't get to the spot early enough to get your pair at retail? Really??

I saw some stories of cheeseballs cutting lines with their whole block to cop maaaad pairs for resell...that's no bueno. But if I busted my behind to get to the outlet at 4am (not saying i did) and i took off a day of work to do that (not saying i did) and I went to mickey d's 3 times from 4am to 10am (again, not saying I did), then who are you to tell me i'm bugging cuz i want x for MY sneakers that I bought with MY money??

Oh and for the people that don't know...these are going for high 200's and low-mid 300. I said this before, but you guys need to consider the international market.

To keep it real...I received offers from 3 NTers all asking for them for about retail. Im' glad that some of those people were able to get teh kicks they want for a price they like...i really am. But leaving money on teh table is against my personal moral compass. You guys that get mad at resellers absolutely boggle my mind.

It sucks that there are regions that didn't get this release...I feel yall on that...but that's the way it goes. I live in Philly...6th largest city in the US...we have nowhere that sells exclusive SB Dunks. That's how it goes.

These will be out of sight and out of mind in a few weeks when the next "limited" release drops, whatever that's gonna be.

Till then...enough with the complaining boo-hoos already! Eat food already!!!!

mailman just dropped em off.. these are sweeeeeeet.
thanks again Jay

(since NTers like pics,here you go
laugh.gif
)

248084_1800969907993_1352160100_31305692_2107064_n.jpg

Nike, please give us a black/royal re-retro with this same EXACT quality...pretty pleeeeaaassse 
laugh.gif

nerd.gif

everyone got 14s that didnt need them figures they sit and no outlet in VA gets them hopefully will get lucky with finding a 14 but it was a crazy release glad everything went down safe and noone got hurt for the kicks. have a blessed day NT.

Originally Posted by UPandCOMING32

^ "re-sellers" are part of the "sneaker community" in general,not just on NT....in any industry,whether its sneakers,clothes, food, gas, etc, there is re-selling...people need to make money. people re-sell shoes for three different reasons 1. for profit only 2. get their pair(s) cheap/cheaper or 3. for profit AND to get their pair cheaper....the re-seller argument always gets brought up on any big release. yes it sucks some people didnt have their local outlet get these,but not EVERYONE can get them, thats the way it is.whether its limited releases, QS, TZ, samples/PEs, thats just the way it is....if anything blame Nike
laugh.gif

grin.gif
^ Well Said

I'm not going to lie, I re-sell sneakers in order to make a profit....BUT the shoes I make the most off of/sell for the highest profit never see the NT buy/sell forum; that's not what I use this board for, I try to keep my prices pretty fair on there. Used to use ISS for that
tongue.gif
, but rarely even bother anymore
If you wanna sell your shoes for $300+ and can get it, how can i hate on you? Just don't turn around and do it on the board and then preach fair pricing and shun resellers.

I enjoy the community aspect and just plain old reading peoples posts, call me a nerd. I read almost everything but just rarely post.

I can say that helping people out, on this board and in the world in general could use some more participants.I didn't know these were going to hit AC, but if I did beleive me I would have been out there. One of those times that not talking to people really hurt me.

Eyesof Hazel thanks for the endorsement.

I couldn't agree more with all of you about this release being a planned event by Nike. A genius planned event. How could they mistakenly make thousands of pairs of these "by mistake" and then package and sell to the public. Not speaking from experience, but I'd imagine there have been plenty of real mistakes on past shoes and they never made to anyones feet (any of you with real knowledge care to share about this would be great)

Posting this from a personal convo:

Now peep what I'm about to throw at you...

Are we actually "resellers"?

I'veonly known ONE reseller in my entire life in this hobby.   Guy NOT intoshoes at all, wore flip flops, just got in at the "peak" to have hisbills paid off with little effort.  Once it wasn't so easy (as youmentioned, when everyone became a "reseller" or thought they were, sojust walking in a store or knowing a manager days got crushed) hestopped.

Do you consider "smokey" from Friday ahustler/reseller?  No.  Because he got high off his own supply.  Likemost coke dealers DON'T and NEVER WILL do Coke.  You wouldn't evenconsider them a coke dealer if they did.

We are allbuyers/sellers/traders.  I predict more than 60% of whatever we all"make" on a flip goes right back into obtaining another shoe orclothing item.

But,last 3-5 years, the word "re-seller" has been used to negatively get atOUR own peers... When those criticizing do the EXACT same thing, justnot advertised.  We all in the same gang. 

"You win some, you losesome.  But you LIVE... YOU LIVE TO FIGHT ANOTHER DAY!"  lolololol.

Originally Posted by phillykix

^ "re-sellers" are part of the "sneaker community" in general,not just on NT....in any industry,whether its sneakers,clothes, food, gas, etc, there is re-selling...people need to make money. people re-sell shoes for three different reasons 1. for profit only 2. get their pair(s) cheap/cheaper or 3. for profit AND to get their pair cheaper....the re-seller argument always gets brought up on any big release. yes it sucks some people didnt have their local outlet get these,but not EVERYONE can get them, thats the way it is.whether its limited releases, QS, TZ, samples/PEs, thats just the way it is....if anything blame Nike
laugh.gif

grin.gif
^ Well Said

I'm not going to lie, I re-sell sneakers in order to make a profit....BUT the shoes I make the most off of/sell for the highest profit never see the NT buy/sell forum; that's not what I use this board for, I try to keep my prices pretty fair on there. Used to use ISS for that
tongue.gif
, but rarely even bother anymore
If you wanna sell your shoes for $300+ and can get it, how can i hate on you? Just don't turn around and do it on the board and then preach fair pricing and shun resellers.

I enjoy the community aspect and just plain old reading peoples posts, call me a nerd. I read almost everything but just rarely post.

I can say that helping people out, on this board and in the world in general could use some more participants.I didn't know these were going to hit AC, but if I did beleive me I would have been out there. One of those times that not talking to people really hurt me.

Eyesof Hazel thanks for the endorsement.

I couldn't agree more with all of you about this release being a planned event by Nike. A genius planned event. How could they mistakenly make thousands of pairs of these "by mistake" and then package and sell to the public. Not speaking from experience, but I'd imagine there have been plenty of real mistakes on past shoes and they never made to anyones feet (any of you with real knowledge care to share about this would be great)
From what I've heard there might be 1 more re-stock of these. Hopefully everyone gets their pair.

But we can all agree in some capacity that on hindsight from this "release" Nike Execs. will take a strong look at how it created a huge Spike in their company's productivity within a short period of time, and hence potentially utilize this mal-adaptive form of Marketing to their advantage for future "releases".
They're idiots.

That "power" was there all along, since 1999 in my opinion.

They "kinda" do something (most like more accidental than anything), the PEOPLE turn it into "actual" something, and here come the suits trying to take/justify credit like it was really all planned and they had control over the people's response/actions.

Psht.

I'm in those kinds of meetings weekly.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 ... As I sit in my office at the moment,... I too just left a meeting with my Administrator's and colleagues but thankfully of a different realm 
30t6p3b.gif
. Nevertheless, the harsh reality my friend. I concur wholeheartedly. 

mailman just dropped em off.. these are sweeeeeeet.
thanks again Jay

(since NTers like pics,here you go
laugh.gif
)

248084_1800969907993_1352160100_31305692_2107064_n.jpg

Nike, please give us a black/royal re-retro with this same EXACT quality...pretty pleeeeaaassse 
laugh.gif

nerd.gif

agreed black royal with exact everything. / and these will be forgotten

Originally Posted by Dtrain12

Hey can someone please help me get a size 10 from riverheard. I'm in li but stuck at work till 6. Anyone? I called and they have several 10s. I'm just looking for one. wow I sound desperate Please help.

I'm on the same lonely boat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom