Air Jordan 10 "Chicago" Retro for 2015 feat. #45

just received mine today compared it to my powder blue, the leather is definitely softer on this one and tumble leather is more heavy compared to the powder blues.

CAY59ipVIAAb4hi.jpg:large

For those who want softer leather, try this trick. Get some leather conditioner and coat the leather with a decent layer of it and let it soak in for a few hours or even overnight. Each time you do it the polyurethane coat breaks down. I did it to my pair and now my toebox is much softer and more tumbled. Also, the leather isn't as iridescent of a white.

the inner checker lining on the 2012 was a nice touch, but overall that version was horrible in terms of quality.  They also fit super super tight compared to the 2015 version.   2015 fit real nice and doesn't pinch as hard

View media item 1480150View media item 1480151View media item 1480163View media item 1480165View media item 1480166I'm happy with my pairs, they're definitely better than the 2012, however they look fake compared to the 2005 steel. The only thing that's kind of the same is the padding around the ankle, the tumbled leather on the double nickel pairs is very stiff and I'm not a fan of the way the leather looks, it looks very fabricated and unnatural, compared to the 2005. The leather is soft and smooth yet the creases and wrinkles make them look vintage and every worn pair will look different as opposed to the double nickel cuz they all have that stressed leather on them. Either way, We all know it's hit or miss so far with the "remastered" lineup. Hopefully over time the leather will age and soften up, look better. At least I can match my bulls 45 jersey lol

Last edited:
They get softer with more wears. Unlike past retros no matter how many times you wore them, it was still synthetic plastic. That's how you can tell, not so much because they are sorta stiff when it's brand new. Real leather will soften up overtime. The initial stiffness I assume is to maintain its shape out the box which is what the extra layer coating is for not because it's a cheap leather. Too many ppl rush to judgement saying leather quality is still cheap but they haven't even wore their shoes so how do you know? Just by feeling them out of the box? Lol wear ur shoes

View media item 1480150
They get softer with more wears. Unlike past retros no matter how many times you wore them, it was still synthetic plastic. That's how you can tell, not so much because they are sorta stiff when it's brand new. Real leather will soften up overtime. The initial stiffness I assume is to maintain its shape out the box which is what the extra layer coating is for not because it's a cheap leather. Too many ppl rush to judgement saying leather quality is still cheap but they haven't even wore their shoes so how do you know? Just by feeling them out of the box? Lol wear ur shoes

I see where you coming from, I do wear my kicks that's why I said that hopefully they'll feel and look better after wearing them. I did say that these are better than the 2012 but not better than the 2005s. BTW, Theres nothing wrong with me comparing my worn 2005 vs the 2015 pair fresh out the box, JB already failed with the "tumbled leather" and the synthetic side panels on them...My point is that no matter how many times I'll wear them, they'll never look or feel close to the 2005 pair or hold truth to JB gimmick of being a "remastered " Jordan retro made with better materials , quality and craftmanship. especially when they raised the price point, so we're here, expecting OG quality and can't eve get better than a retro from 10 years ago that was $65 less....guess this is as close as one can get to owning a decent retro.....

Last edited:
Checked my local FNL today for some white metallic 5s, which they didn't have. On my way out, I see a dude walk in for a return. I casually come back in to see what shoes they were and BAM, Chicago 10s! My ******* size too.. no lie. Waited for the bro to leave, then I copped. Sneaker gods were lookin out for me today man, they knew I missed out on these lol

Checked my local FNL today for some white metallic 5s, which they didn't have. On my way out, I see a dude walk in for a return. I casually come back in to see what shoes they were and BAM, Chicago 10s! My ******* size too.. no lie. Waited for the bro to leave, then I copped. Sneaker gods were lookin out for me today man, they knew I missed out on these lol
wow, what a stroke of luck. congrats!

Your luck lv is over 9000!

why he return them

One of my local stores got these. The problem is its a half size down from my TTS and $250 price tag. I'm pretty much paying resell then wahh.

really wish the Steels were made like this :smh:

one of my favorite sheos and colorways and they feel like cheap plastic and cardboard

really wish the Steels were made like this :smh:

one of my favorite sheos and colorways and they feel like cheap plastic and cardboard

I compared my Steels to these the other day. The Steel tumbled leather feel like Payless Shaq shoes compared to these Chicagos. Plus the softness allows the shoe to naturally flex. Has anyone hooped in these? I bet they feel better than any other 10

Back
Top Bottom