Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

If these have the exact same technology and setup as the pairs made in 95, then why wouldn’t these be acceptable to play in? I get there are “better” sneakers out there, but if these were the best back in the day shouldn’t that also apply today?

yes they do
i got my kids a 5.5 and 6
and they came in a og box
ordered from ndc

I stand corrected
Ordered a 5.5 from hibbetts and received black and gold box
Getting a black gold box for men’s now that’s just foul
Well at least the gold box is less flimsy :lol:

Last edited:
Would anyone be upset if JB kept the outside of their retros looking exactly the same, but added non-OG cushioning like zoom or React?
I would accept it and praise them for this, but jordan brand has turned down retooling shoes with new tech. which is complete BS

michael-jordan-through-the-years-air-jordan-xi-part-1-13.jpg

If these have the exact same technology and setup as the pairs made in 95, then why wouldn’t these be acceptable to play in? I get there are “better” sneakers out there, but if these were the best back in the day shouldn’t that also apply today?

College and NBA players play in retros all the time. The shoes don’t make a huge difference IMO. All the great players did their thing in shoes that are considered old technology or no technology, did that stop them from achieving greatness No.
I’ve head from old basketball coaches that these new basketball shoes with all the fancy cushioning cause more ankle injury’s then the old shoes. Not sure if that’s actually true but made a little bit of sense to me :lol:

11s don’t got zoom air, just a full length air bag.

1st basketball shoe to feature Nike zoom air which was call (tinsile air) were these.
upload_2018-12-16_7-1-15.jpeg

In the hunt to evolve Nike Air cushioning, the Nike design team created the Zoom Air unit and applied it to basketball with the Nike Air Go LWP shoe in 1995. The leather shoe with bold black and white color blocking was light and versatile. Interestingly, players felt something they just couldn’t pinpoint: an extremely responsive cushioning feel hidden in the shoe’s forefoot.

“Tensile Air” was the original name used among designers and was later referred to as “Zoom Air” technology. It took the basic concept of Max Air cushioning and modified it to the fine-tuned specifications of basketball for a responsive and “springy” feel on the court. Strong tensiles of fabric bound the top and bottom of the plastic Zoom Air units together, creating a streamlined and more responsive cousin to Max Air.

1st basketball shoe to feature Nike zoom air which was call (tinsile air) were these.
Im pretty sure they only had zoom in the front. The heel had a jordan 8 air heel thing going on. These shoes were light af though. Delicate af too. I remember one of the bags popped and oh god the squeaking

I stand corrected
Ordered a 5.5 from hibbetts and received black and gold box
Getting a black gold box for men’s now that’s just foul
Well at least the gold box is less flimsy :lol:

Kids also have an attached lid to them. The men and GS have a removable lid. That’s the only difference between the men.

Well, that and the box color seems a little different and the paper materials used.

Back
Top Bottom