Air Jordan 12 “Wings” - April 2, 2016

Went for these and would've been happy to get them. But the wing pattern looks tacky IMO. This might have been discussed, but does the pattern eventually show due to normal wear or does it need to be physically rubbed off? (Phrasing)
If it's like the LM's you have to scrub them off to get the full pattern. I wear all 3 of my LM's a lot and play basketball in them. A little has stripped but not near as much as I thought would.

Still says processing on my size 11.  Since the matching shirts on a separate order have already shipped, I am resigned to the increasing likelihood my shoes will get canceled.

Does nike prioritize order fulfillment based on overnight shipping?  I went the mid tier two night route. 

If it's like the LM's you have to scrub them off to get the full pattern. I wear all 3 of my LM's a lot and play basketball in them. A little has stripped but not near as much as I thought would.

Did u mean 2 lance mountains? There is no 3rd LM pair if you are talking about the SB x AJ1 collab. 1st pair are the craig stecyks.

Last edited:
What do you inspector gadget dudes be doing to even get that many entries thru?? Lol got my 1 entry in and played the waiting game, my coworker who also into shoes tells me later in the day he couldn't even enter the drawing and kept air balling meanwhile dudes on NT got gizmos and gadgets allowing them to enter a couple THOUSAND times smh how y'all got that many phone numbers? Dudes using fake skype number generators on some prank call ish to help pull off Nike jigs SMH
laugh.gif
Lol i got all 23 of my accounts entered. at first it wasn't working cause too many people were trying at the same time. i had to get 23 numbers from friends and family lol damn Skype plan seems like a good idea only has to be verified once lol

What do you inspector gadget dudes be doing to even get that many entries thru?? Lol got my 1 entry in and played the waiting game, my coworker who also into shoes tells me later in the day he couldn't even enter the drawing and kept air balling meanwhile dudes on NT got gizmos and gadgets allowing them to enter a couple THOUSAND times smh how y'all got that many phone numbers? Dudes using fake skype number generators on some prank call ish to help pull off Nike jigs SMH :lol:
I only.entered 2 and won.

Maybe I'm partially biased because my pair is scheduled to arrive 4/7....but I feel like there's 2 main types of people hating on the wings "revealed" - those who are salty from catching the L.....and those who decided to sell their pair and want to convince themselves that reselling was better than keeping...yeah maybe *some* people really don't like the gold wings revealed..but as a fan of 12's..im excited...these will definitely be considered a grail..

not trying to talk ish...its funny how much uglier the black OVO's started to look to me when i couldn't even enter the raffle and got hit with nonstop airballs...they were pretty nice when i thought I had a chance...and that aint the only shoe that lost its appeal to me after losing a raffle or missing out on snkrs lol...

I guess people have to cope some type of way after catching the L. Can you blame them though? I mean what consolation prize is there if you wanted a shoe like this. I guess you could track down a pair of Playoff 12s but the price will probably be closer to $300, if not over for a DS pair.

For me personally, I look at it as not a bad thing i get to keep $225 plus tax in my pocket. And i won the raffle for French Blues. Many people tried their hardest and struck out on both.

Those who entered once and won, came out good, because look at that guy who entered 3k and only won 22. This raffle is really hard to win

Maybe I'm partially biased because my pair is scheduled to arrive 4/7....but I feel like there's 2 main types of people hating on the wings "revealed" - those who are salty from catching the L.....and those who decided to sell their pair and want to convince themselves that reselling was better than keeping...yeah maybe *some* people really don't like the gold wings revealed..but as a fan of 12's..im excited...these will definitely be considered a grail..

not trying to talk ish...its funny how much uglier the black OVO's started to look to me when i couldn't even enter the raffle and got hit with nonstop airballs...they were pretty nice when i thought I had a chance...and that aint the only shoe that lost its appeal to me after losing a raffle or missing out on snkrs lol...
i hit on the draw and im keeping because i wanted a pair of playoffs and i love the gold accents

but the wings pattern is awful.

ill actually be pissed if my paint comes faded or chipped in any way.

View media item 1979450 It's gettin real in the field, still 2 days left my God, hate i missed the draw, woulda payed my rent up for 3 months or so...i'm seein 10.5 is a coveted size...i'll be ready on a restock though

Last edited:
I missed out on multiple accounts so I'm definitely salty especially seeing as it looks like 20+ people in AZ sneaker groups won. Which makes it hard to believe only 12K were made but obviously they are numbered so whatevs lol. Don't you hate when you miss out on a release just to go online and see everyone posting screenshots of their purchase

View media item 1979465

Last edited:
hmm i was only in for the black and white look with the gold  accents too.. dont like the wings look.. but i was thinking..if the wings are exposed after you wear..couldnt you just put some black leather dye over the wings so they look like playoffs?

So the gold come through when u rough them up? I thought it might be heat activated or something like that. I put one entry in and won so congrats to the others who won the legit way [emoji]128175[/emoji]. This by far is my biggest hit I thought the db 13s were going to be my pride and joy not no more lol

Those who entered once and won, came out good, because look at that guy who entered 3k and only won 22. This raffle is really hard to win

3k entered??? Wtf lol. I thought my 23 accounts was a lot. I scored 3 so you should be good

Last edited:
The John Charles story itself had me sold. The story >>>>>>the shoes it was meant for a good cause so I salute that dude for making a shoe that was quite colorful [emoji]128077[/emoji]

View media item 1979450 It's gettin real in the field, still 2 days left my God, hate i missed the draw, woulda payed my rent up for 3 months or so...i'm seein 10.5 is a coveted size...i'll be ready on a restock though

I don't know if this is legit or not. Completed listings show pairs sold for much cheaper than that bidding price.

Most of the auctions I see don't even have bids if they're listed over $1,100. I see a size 15 bid up to $2,500 with 5 bids, seems believable since they didn't make that many pairs in a 15.

I also see another 10.5 up to $15,300 with 35 bids :lol: :smh:

hold on ................................................................................................someone had 3k entries? if thats true im never entering the draw again lol 
laugh.gif

Congrats to those that won. Since Nike started the draw/raffle system, I have not had any luck. 0/6.

Very frustrating to not ever win, but I only enter once so I'll probably never have any luck.

I don't know if this is legit or not. Completed listings show pairs sold for much cheaper than that bidding price.

Most of the auctions I see don't even have bids if they're listed over $1,100. I see a size 15 bid up to $2,500 with 5 bids, seems believable since they didn't make that many pairs in a 15.

I also see another 10.5 up to $15,300 with 35 bids
laugh.gif
mean.gif
I'm curious - if it's not legit what would be going on exactly? like that $15,000 pair, what's the deal?

I'm curious - if it's not legit what would be going on exactly? like that $15,000 pair, what's the deal?

Well when it comes to eBay a lot of those prices are purposely inflated. If you take a look at a lot of those bids the user will have 0 feedback, which in MOST cases means a fake account. People will use multiple accounts just to boost the price sky high to troll everyone into thinking that's the real value. 15k for a pair? You can bet money that shoe wont be sold and pair for. The resale value is most likely around the 1k-1.2k range just depending on size

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom