Air Jordan 13 "Flint" May 30, 2020

Patiently waiting for this release. This is probably going to be my fav release in 2020 even though there are a lot of good releases happening this year.

same and true

I saved some money last year, this year doesn’t seem to be the case

They look good.. still worried about the shape which will make or break me buying them. My 05's are solid but I need a new pair that won't fall apart.

3 pairs, for each missed opportunity:

- '98 original

Navy/Carolina Blue-Flint Grey-White 13s were what had begun my appreciation/fervor for sneakers. In NYC (my area of Manhattan, specifically), Flints, Black/True Red and All-Stars were undoubtedly the most popular colorways -- even the Chutney low top, though Uptown as hell in its tan and black, impressively saw more play than both its navy counterpart and the Chicagos.

For every spot hit, 'No, I'm sorry' was the response to 'Do you have the blue and grey Air Jordans in [whichever size, exact or neighboring, worn at the time]?' often followed by an 11-year-old's earnest attempt at item description to those whose English comprehension presented a challenge.

- '05 retro

'05-'06, NikeTalk season at the peak of my mania, forum 'celebrities,' toughs and crews be damned. Despite accruing--later selling/gifting/giving away--most of my collection during this period, the Flints still eluded me. No bots or QS-esque production numbers to point to, so chalk it up to having not been on the ball.

- '10 retro

Gradually found myself disillusioned by where sneaker culture and the minds at Nike (Jordan Brand, namely) were heading; interest waned to the point of near-total indifference roughly from the announcement of the '07 Aquas to '17. (Thinking back, the subpar craftsmanship of the '06 White/Black-Varsity Red, or 'Candy Cane,' 14s that were received was possibly the start of my dampened outlook toward the shoe game, given the Hunt's tomato paste shade of red on the teeth, Michael McGee-degree of protrusion in upward(!) creases on both toe boxes fresh out of the box and penchant for yellowing badly, esp. on the heel panel. No shimmer or trace amounts of lead, either. Truly, the Eeyore of retros.)

Outside of the handful of sneakers that reached the cultural stratosphere, e.g., South Beach 8s, Galaxy Foamposites, Mags, Concord 11s, Air Yeezy 2s, etc., releases, including the '10 retro, went by largely unnoticed by me.

--

For over twenty years, these had been #1. Had been. Although eventually topped by Greystone Air Max 1s--an NT member, dblplay1212 (shoutout to him), forced my hand in finally signing up to inquire about said kicks in his avatar, last year--these will always have my heart.

These are one of my GOAT Jordans so I'm gonna by em, but the shape/quality so far looks TERRIBLE

AIR-JORDAN-13-1.jpg
AIR-JORDAN-13-4.jpg
AIR-JORDAN-13-2.jpg

These are one of my GOAT Jordans so I'm gonna by em, but the shape/quality so far looks TERRIBLE

AIR-JORDAN-13-1.jpg
AIR-JORDAN-13-4.jpg
AIR-JORDAN-13-2.jpg

Yup. They have the same low cut ankle collar, and long body the 2017 Black and red's had. They might have the same toe boxes, too. I might end up passing now. Them 2017's were atrocious.

|l |l |l |l |l |l |l |l

Feel like those fakes are not the actual shoe.. like even if the actual shoe isn't as perfect as we'd like.. these fakes are worse.

Unbreakable kicks pair is just like the pics above, so it looks like that's what we're getting unfortunately.

I usually don't get hung up on details and can appreciate the shoe releasing again, but I really don't like that the navy lining behind the tongue is stitched on top of it. The tongue is supposed to be all white.

Pair arrived today! I'm more satisfied then anything so much better then the last release yes I could of waited but I waited long enough I must say in person there more navy then French blue if you was wondering
7C76E5CA-B997-403A-A6BE-94B0FB018695.jpeg
5652175F-7A6E-47C9-8ECD-AE0CA2DCD1CD.jpeg
Ah yes these definitely look more navy here, than the lighter blue pairs on top.

Also, I always that French blue was the colorway of the jump man on the tongue? Lol

I usually don't get hung up on details and can appreciate the shoe releasing again, but I really don't like that the navy lining behind the tongue is stitched on top of it. The tongue is supposed to be all white.
So you passed on '05s and '10s right? Because it's been like that since then.

So you passed on '05s and '10s right? Because it's been like that since then.
Yeah, I don't have them. I had the originals, but they were beat because I played in that pair 'til the sole was falling off. I understood the '05s and '10s having details off like no 3m and the funky tongue because all retros were like that, but with this general wave of "return to OG form" that AJ1s have been trying to go through, I was hoping these 13s would have things right.

Having said that though, I don't like the tongue, but I do plan on picking these up because the 3m returning is a bigger deal to me than the tongue lining. It's been long enough that I haven't had a clean pair of these because they're one of my favorites. Just gotta overlook that detail.

Back
Top Bottom