Air Jordan 13 Retro Ray Allen PE (boston home)

There has to be more pairs out there. FNL put a video up on Youtube saying only 500 though. 
grin.gif

I am seeing buyers on E-bay from Australia and Spain now, so there is definitely more pairs floating around.

Most people did buy to resell, especially employees from stores that had them.

%24%28KGrHqV,%21lEE4Nu2Ez%215BOK2ezd4rg%7E%7E0_12.JPG

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by youngj00

Originally Posted by SBCollector

FNL release was a disaster. Still hoping to get a pair later down the road eventually

I was thinking the same thing. Isn't there rumors that these will release at more HOH's in the VERY near future?

I hope so. Just witnessing the record being broken & personally being a fan of Ray Allen, it's sad to see the majority of people getting the shoe to re-sell & not knowing the true meaning behind these shoes. It is what it is.

Cannot believe Nike is allowing people to capitalize over 500% profit on their product. As greedy as JB is you'd think they'd get every single 175 they could. I know I would!

From a business stand point this was a stupid move by Nike.

Originally Posted by OoPrinceOfFreshoO

Cannot believe Nike is allowing people to capitalize over 500% profit on their product. As greedy as JB is you'd think they'd get every single 175 they could. I know I would!

I feel you bro but it's not Nike/JB's fault. It sucks that resellers beat us to the punch (and I feel that they will always will). It is our fault for not camping out for days. But I gave up instantly when I found out they made roughly 2500 pairs. I will never campout because I have other priorities.

This thread is still up because of hope of some info on more pairs floating around or another release

Originally Posted by BarberJay

Thats all the pics going on right now? i thought maybe being what it is there would have been more besides homeboy standing in the airport .

Originally Posted by DRO3000

R.I.P. to this thread??? Man we didnt even get any pics............now if thats not a sign everyone copped to sell, I dont know what is

Originally Posted by scoop99

I feel you bro but it's not Nike/JB's fault. It sucks that resellers beat us to the punch (and I feel that they will always will). It is our fault for not camping out for days. But I gave up instantly when I found out they made roughly 2500 pairs. I will never campout because I have other priorities.
I think both of you make great points, but I agree with Prince of Fresh, I dont understand the "QuickStrike/ Extra Limited Release," business model.  If you have an extroadinary demand you supply the demand.  I have been buying Jordan's for over 25 years, and I can recall back in May 1997 when the first Jumpman/Jordan subsidiary shoe was released, it was created in demand of those parents who said that the price of Jordans were too high and it was inciting violence in the inner cities because they were not affordable to everyone, so JB created this other model, which I believe retailed then for $100 and sold very well. This was the beginning of all the other model's we now see today.  The point is, that Nike/JB made an attempt to fill a void in the marketplace while also making a perceived attempt to curve violence associated with their product also. 

I understand with the "Limited" tag comes an increased demand, but back in the day, when everything was a General Release, the demand for any new Jordan release was still off the charts.  I hope they go back to this model, of making everything a GR, it seems as though it will meet the same voids as the Jumpman Strong model did in '97, by allowing everyone to cop, while also increasing profitablity and limiting the violence.  Maybe the solution is to just increase the price, i.e. maybe the Ray Allen PE's retail for $250 but are available with all stores who have a JB account??? Then whoever wants them can cop, but just have to pay a bit more than for other models??? This is what Mercedes or Bentley does, you can have one, they meet demand, you just have to pay the price. Just my thoughts....

Customer yesterday: "Do yall have the Boston Celtics Air Jordan retro shoes?"
indifferent.gif

why are sneakers slowly dying to me

Originally Posted by boogiethedon

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by boogiethedon

JUST SEEN THIS PIC SMH

whats SMH about it? hes actually wearing his unlike 98% of those who bought them
indifferent.gif
SMH CAUSE I DON'T HAVE A PAIR LOL.HE IS NOT REALLY WEARING THEM CAUSE HIS #+%#$ IS UNTIED AND THE TAG IS STILL ON HIS SHIRT.HE JUST TOOK THAT PIC TO FRONT.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by knowledge10

Originally Posted by scoop99

I think both of you make great points, but I agree with Prince of Fresh, I dont understand the "QuickStrike/ Extra Limited Release," business model.  If you have an extroadinary demand you supply the demand.  I have been buying Jordan's for over 25 years, and I can recall back in May 1997 when the first Jumpman/Jordan subsidiary shoe was released, it was created in demand of those parents who said that the price of Jordans were too high and it was inciting violence in the inner cities because they were not affordable to everyone, so JB created this other model, which I believe retailed then for $100 and sold very well. This was the beginning of all the other model's we now see today.  The point is, that Nike/JB made an attempt to fill a void in the marketplace while also making a perceived attempt to curve violence associated with their product also. 

I understand with the "Limited" tag comes an increased demand, but back in the day, when everything was a General Release, the demand for any new Jordan release was still off the charts.  I hope they go back to this model, of making everything a GR, it seems as though it will meet the same voids as the Jumpman Strong model did in '97, by allowing everyone to cop, while also increasing profitablity and limiting the violence.  Maybe the solution is to just increase the price, i.e. maybe the Ray Allen PE's retail for $250 but are available with all stores who have a JB account??? Then whoever wants them can cop, but just have to pay a bit more than for other models??? This is what Mercedes or Bentley does, you can have one, they meet demand, you just have to pay the price. Just my thoughts....

I fully agree with you on releases like this.  Take a step even further, provide it as an option on Nike's site and make it a pre order within a specified time and theyll make exactly the amount theyve sold, end of story, no problems with line ups, no people complaining they didnt get a pair cause it would be on you for not pre ordering.  AND MAKE IT AVAILABLE TO CANADA DAMMIT
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

at wholesale price they ended up getting more like $88 per pair

Originally Posted by moneymike88

We end up getting shaft, having to pay $150+ for every new retros.
sick.gif

What's good yall, I've been out of the loop these last two days and this thread jumped like crazy. Anyways has anybody heard from kicks-lab lately? I haven't, so I'll be getting that refund if there's no update.

Originally Posted by Mjmvp23

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

The only solution is for stores to step up and tell people that they can't camp out. Plain and simple. They need to have rules and have the mall security enforce them. This stuff is getting out of hand!

I think a lottery or raffle is the solution to all these limited releases.  The shops getting them can put a ballot box out weeks prior and you can put your name and size on there.  If youre lucky enough to get called, then you get to cop the kicks........looking back at how everyone handled this release, I think Sole Fly actually did the best release out of the bunch......and the Niketown or HOH whichever one that said no line ups and then handed out wrist bands did the worst IMO, you cant go back on what you said in the spur of a moment.
Personally I don't believe in raffles. If your in line and dedicating the time and patience to wait or attempt to obtain shoes, then why should the average Joe have the same opportunity to get the shoes as you? It sounds like a personal problem if your not on your game to get some shoes. Get your connects up and your money up. Pretty simple. If you're really in the game you should never need to rely on a raffle. I'm not trying to play the lottery for some shoes. I understand how chaotic releases are but deal with it.
DUMBEST STATEMENT EVER.

I FULLY SUPPORT RAFFLES. SOME OF US HAVE BIG BOY CAREERS AND MY TIME IS MONEY. I GOT OTHER SH&T TO TAKE CARE OF BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN I DON'T WANT TO BE ABLE TO PURCHASE LIMITED SNEAKERS EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE BUT CAN'T BECAUSE OTHER'S CAMP FOR A WEEK+.

I BELIEVE THE BEST THING THAT CAN HAPPEN IN THE SNEAKER COMMUNITY WOULD BE FOR RAFFLES TO BECOME THE NORM ACROSS THE BOARD FOR LIMITED RELEASES...

IF I DON'T WIN, FINE. IF I WANT THEM BAD ENOUGH I'LL GRAB EM OFF A RE-SELLER BUT AT LEAST I HAD THAT INITIAL FAIR SHOT.

Originally Posted by BOBtheHOE

Originally Posted by moneymike88

We end up getting shaft, having to pay $150+ for every new retros.
sick.gif
Good thing they keep putting out garbage so I don't have to spend it.

Originally Posted by Freeze

What's good yall, I've been out of the loop these last two days and this thread jumped like crazy. Anyways has anybody heard from kicks-lab lately? I haven't, so I'll be getting that refund if there's no update.

No update, email them & see what's up

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

Originally Posted by Mjmvp23

I think a lottery or raffle is the solution to all these limited releases.  The shops getting them can put a ballot box out weeks prior and you can put your name and size on there.  If youre lucky enough to get called, then you get to cop the kicks........looking back at how everyone handled this release, I think Sole Fly actually did the best release out of the bunch......and the Niketown or HOH whichever one that said no line ups and then handed out wrist bands did the worst IMO, you cant go back on what you said in the spur of a moment.
Personally I don't believe in raffles. If your in line and dedicating the time and patience to wait or attempt to obtain shoes, then why should the average Joe have the same opportunity to get the shoes as you? It sounds like a personal problem if your not on your game to get some shoes. Get your connects up and your money up. Pretty simple. If you're really in the game you should never need to rely on a raffle. I'm not trying to play the lottery for some shoes. I understand how chaotic releases are but deal with it.
DUMBEST STATEMENT EVER.

I FULLY SUPPORT RAFFLES. SOME OF US HAVE BIG BOY CAREERS AND MY TIME IS MONEY. I GOT OTHER SH&T TO TAKE CARE OF BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN I DON'T WANT TO BE ABLE TO PURCHASE LIMITED SNEAKERS EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE BUT CAN'T BECAUSE OTHER'S CAMP FOR A WEEK+.

I BELIEVE THE BEST THING THAT CAN HAPPEN IN THE SNEAKER COMMUNITY WOULD BE FOR RAFFLES TO BECOME THE NORM ACROSS THE BOARD FOR LIMITED RELEASES...

IF I DON'T WIN, FINE. IF I WANT THEM BAD ENOUGH I'LL GRAB EM OFF A RE-SELLER BUT AT LEAST I HAD THAT INITIAL FAIR SHOT.

I stopped right there. First of all, stop yelling. Secondly, you're not the only one with a job. I took vacation time to cop these. The person who wants the sneaker the most is going to be the one to get it. He's also going to be the one to camp for 3+ days for the love of the shoe and not always for the love of the $

Back
Top Bottom