Air Jordan 14 Retro - "Black Toe" White/ Varsity Red/ Black ~ Summer 2014 RD: 9/20/2014

bro white people do tons of stuff first and then white poeple get their style jacked after we get made fun of, remember how 4 wheelers and motorcycles were the redneck/white thing to do and then you saw a ruff ryder video with those fools running around on both trying to make it cool. lmao its cool though do what u want
it goes both ways though neither side likes to admit it to themselves. 

it goes both ways though neither side likes to admit it to themselves. 
very true, i dont care who does what but its funny to see people claiming they did things first and then the history buffs come in and lay down the law, i love when that happens

Tight jeans are a generational thing...They come and go just like everything else in fashion.

Harley/chopper Motorcycles were/are mainly a white thing but sport bikes? :lol: Everyone always rode them

4 wheelers/Dirt bikes were more of a rural/suburban thing regardless of race. Ruff Ryders riding it on city streets in a music video and X games/xtreme sports took it to another level.

Last edited:
View media item 1182654View media item 1182655View media item 1182656View media item 1182657Just wanted to show what you could expect if they're anything remotely like the 2011 last shots. Some people might not know but these were bad. They looked really good on release day. I can count on one hand how many times I wore them and still shoot you the bird. :lol: going to need to see these joints in person. Hope this helps anybody who needs more clarification. :nerd:
What looks so bad here? People complained about the quality of the leather on those, but the XIV are notorious for the horrible foam teeth. I had the white/red and these black toes in OG form and the teeth started coming off quickly. Those were the OG's! I don't see anything else on these remotely horrible though per your photos. The quality control on the last white/red's though... that's another story altogether.

Ruff Ryders didn't make bikes popular. That was composed of what people were already doing. There were always dudes who got together and had bike clubs. I remember I used to be googly eyed at my boys neighbors Ninja when I was a kid. The Ruff Ryders just became a national bike club, which also helped as a street team. It was damn good marketing.

I can think of other examples, but not bikes.

Just like certain areas of the country are in to dirt bikes on the streets.

I wouldn't say this is some overwhelming majority though it was a white thing. Different regions always had their thing. Like how the west did their cars.

The majority of the country, and especially in New York weren't wearing jeans with rubber bands to show their tongues. Girbaud's went out of style up top and down south they were still wearing them. Just like they used to rock Reebok Classics for the longest.

Social media has made everything sort of interchangeable now and less regional. You turn the sound down on a youtube video and you wouldn't know where anyone was from.

Last edited:
What looks so bad here? People complained about the quality of the leather on those, but the XIV are notorious for the horrible foam teeth. I had the white/red and these black toes in OG form and the teeth started coming off quickly. Those were the OG's! I don't see anything else on these remotely horrible though per your photos. The quality control on the last white/red's though... that's another story altogether.
If you notice my mini rant it's all about the toe box. And I wore these things like 4 times no more than 2 hours at the max each wear. So my **** should look like beaters after a full day of wear? And this is about that cardboard with the fuzz not the leather. Any more complaints about my perspective? :nerd:

If you notice my mini rant it's all about the toe box. And I wore these things like 4 times no more than 2 hours at the max each wear. So my **** should look like beaters after a full day of wear? And this is about that cardboard with the fuzz not the leather. Any more complaints about my perspective? :nerd:
You didn't specify in your post with the photos, but those don't look bad at all. I laugh at anyone who gets upset about some toebox creasing, especially on a nubuck Jordan.

Man people in the hood was riding four wheelers and mini dirt bikes before dmx ruff ryders anthem :lol: some of yall dudes funny as hell :lol:

Last edited:
I think it's a little hard to compare the two with them having two different types of leathers and no piping on midsole on these. Everything else looks really good tho.
It's the toebox folk I didn't want the same crap on my joints again. It's like putting a old bra on a brand new sports car #yuhdig

You didn't specify in your post with the photos, but those don't look bad at all. I laugh at anyone who gets upset about some toebox creasing, especially on a nubuck Jordan.
:lol: :rofl: [emoji]128514[/emoji] [emoji]128514[/emoji] [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Yo I feel what you saying. I also understand that's natural since that's the way the toe plants as humans walk :rofl:

I gives two liquor shats about creasing but I do care about the appearance and durability of my shoe.

Last edited:
bro white people do tons of stuff first and then white poeple get their style jacked after we get made fun of, remember how 4 wheelers and motorcycles were the redneck/white thing to do and then you saw a ruff ryder video with those fools running around on both trying to make it cool. lmao its cool though do what u want
Don't forget about skateboarding. Lil Wayne may be solely responsible for that one on his own.

Back to the shoes. 14's have always been known to crease really bad. The toe box and the lower portion around the laces crease like crazy due to the design.
If you hate the crease do like me and put some sneaker shields in them.

anyone drive around for a few raffle tickets on these?? I went during my lunch yesterday. I usually go to 2-3 malls on way home but im lazy as hell to stop by on way home prob just HOPE I get called on my 1 ticket lol if not its online or bust.

anyone drive around for a few raffle tickets on these?? I went during my lunch yesterday. I usually go to 2-3 malls on way home but im lazy as hell to stop by on way home prob just HOPE I get called on my 1 ticket lol if not its online or bust.
even if i was interested in these i wouldnt get a ticket, these will be had easily, 14s dont even know what a radar is much less are on one (for the beasts atleast)

Last edited:
Damn @rcjbbp1313 u made me double think if I really do want these lol im debating on picking up ocean & prism adidas Flux or these black toe 14s!??!?! hmmmm.........

I wouldn't compare these 14s selling like the other 14s this year. These will do MUCH better. Be more like the Powder Blue 10 release i think.

Last edited:
Yall cry over everything ,"the tongue" boo hoo "my sock" sob sob "don't call em by nicknames" smh if u over 25 n complain over every single thing maybe that's a sign that the sneaker game isint for u anymore noone today should care much if they don't have small details that Og kicks had. I'm pretty sure anything that you have to raffle off will still sell with or without the old skool crybabies contributions
If you think the tongue on the FOURTEENS shooting straight up and being really long isn't a very big detail then you are an idiot. The tongue on the 14s is VERY unique and altering the entire way it sits changes a lot no matter how you slice it. If you can't tell by the pics then that's you but us 14 aficionados can. I admit on shoes like the 5s and 6s I don't mind the tongue changes too much but with these it is really bugging me. The tongue is one of my favorite parts of this shoe but damn they did them dirty this time around. And I agree that it may be because people like to pop the tongues and tuck them into their pants and **** now days.
sick.gif

Last edited:

1998 OGs. Borrowed these from someone's website.  

EDIT: 1998 OGs from this website: http://ward1.com/blog/2014/08/1998-air-jordan-14-xiv-original-og/

Upcoming 2014 releases c/o youtuber BULL1TRC

I understand and accepted the fact that all retros, regardless of model, will be different than the OGs.  The nostalgia factor on these 14s are pulling at me hard though.
Bump. Personally though, I'm not a fan of many of the so called "sneaker reviews" on youtube when all they do is state the obvious.  Just leave that **** on mute and go to on feet look.

I lost track of the days (idk how :smh: ) but i missed the raffle at my champs so im hoping these sell like the SB and thunders, im not trying to get up early to cop

I have a feeling JB didn't use the pearl finish because dust stuck to it and it became sticky over time. It seems that the pearl finish didn't look good with age

So you are implying the billion dollar empire couldn't find a paint within budget that's the correct color and not "sticky"?

:nerd:

They didn't use the correct color because they didn't want to.

And for that, given the production #s on these, I will wait for outlets and cop in '15

They didn't make baggy jeans in the 80's period. And I'm not young. Prob older than you. Black folks started wearin baggy shorts in the NCAA(FAB 5) and NBA and baggy jeans went right along with it through the 90s all the way up to mid 2000s. I'm not meaning to offend anybody here I'm only discussing urban style. Which white folks wear as well. But u gonna sit here and tell me black folks didn't make fun if white folks for wearing tight jeans in the early 2000s and 90s?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom