Air Jordan 2012 First look.

Originally Posted by jayzrdead

Originally Posted by ijapino

This shoe has potential if they can drop some nice colorways. All blue ain't it. 
got that right
maybe to you guys...

sick.gif
 horrible...horrible. There's nothing left at JB.

Everyday I pray that the Title will change from "first look at 2012" to "Last Look at 2012 Scrapped" because I will tell you that from this point on...

Until they start assigning the Signature line to ONE person these will get the pass around treatment among several designers and they will stick one guys name on it to take the "credit" that he doesnt even want attached.

These were literally a complete after thought.

looking at these just made me want to buy some XVs on ebay right now.
(im dead serious)
they look comfortable as hell but aesthetically they are Eh and look more a Fly Wade 3 or CP3.6 or a name like Jordan HyperSpeed than an Air Jordan 2012 Inline shoe.

the traction pattern on the sole and the carbon fiber pattern are dope...the rest of the shoe is basura

JB did a complete 180 if they really plan on having these as the 2011's successor. These, along with the 2010s, don't have that sleek or sophisticated look that Air Jordans typically have. As much as the XVs are just downright weird and are likely to never grace my feet, at least the shoes looked dignified. I certainly won't buy whatever BS story that they try to market with these shoes in an effort to entice consumers into seeing the kicks any better. Maybe if they actually offered customization on the parts of the shoe that look like horse saddles, perhaps. Maybe if the ENTIRE shoe could be customized, I'll consider it.

i'm still wondering how these will actually be packaged. what options will there be with what colours.... any word?

Originally Posted by AirThumper

I really couldn’t see the design direction of the 2012. I felt so bad with how it looks that I tried to make myself feel better by making a rough, 10-minute, mock-up. It’s not meant to be an attempt at a redesign. I just wanted a version that looks good to me.
2012h.jpg

Best.

Nice. These would look really nice with the clean toe. I remember a time when that was a signature look for Jordans. I think that changed with the introduction of the XI.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

I feel bad for the small shops that JB will force to carry these.

Yup. Force-feeding these to sneaker shops with mass cardboard advertising and heavy-metal shoe holders, just to reduce the price by 40% in 3 months or so.

They should just scrap the whole signature line. At this point, they're just a laughing stock amongst the sneaker world. How can a shoe go from literally #1 to last in less than 10 years is beyond me. Less is more. Simplicity takes the cake. Stop trying to re-invent the wheel.

I don't even care anymore because I don't check for JB releases like I used to, so whether these will flop or not is not a concern these days.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

I feel bad for the small shops that JB will force to carry these.

Yup. Force-feeding these to sneaker shops with mass cardboard advertising and heavy-metal shoe holders, just to reduce the price by 40% in 3 months or so.

They should just scrap the whole signature line. At this point, they're just a laughing stock amongst the sneaker world. How can a shoe go from literally #1 to last in less than 10 years is beyond me. Less is more. Simplicity takes the cake. Stop trying to re-invent the wheel.

I don't even care anymore because I don't check for JB releases like I used to, so whether these will flop or not is not a concern these days.

QFT!
they retro the big signature Air Jordans, and they know many will not get them.. 

so those people who missed out.. a lot being n00b sneaker heads and hypebeasts.. will then just result in buying anything jordan even the wack %+%% just so it makes them feel better about missing the big one..

a lot of the wack jordan stuff i see people sporting.. its a joke. its like JB is testing the market or themselves.. to see how wack they can make their products and still sell because they got people brainwashed..

How are signature shoes created or selected? Shouldn't there be a process where they get a general census like they Studios do with television and movies? 

I wonder what the Jordan Brand athletes that play in the NBA, REALLY think about this shoe?  I mean I know they are handpicked by Jordan (and paid) and all that but one of them has to think, what is this???  They have to be like can I wear one of your more popular retro shoes or something???

i don't think i've ever seen a pic of anyone wearing the 2009 in the nba. so i think they definitely do have a say in what they have on their feet.

Back
Top Bottom