Air Jordan 3 Retro 5Lab3 2014 Release info $225 "Kix and the City"

These look mad nice ,love the 3's hope to get in the UK..any guess on what the price will be here?

Same. Wouldn't mind having them, and I actually think they're really nice, but not great enough for me to go over my $220 limit.

I'm just knit picking here, I agree it has to be retail or bust, almost anything above retail would be too much when there might be a better colorway at the end of the year. But, solely speaking for those in the US, with taxes and shipping (if you cop online) there's no way that the final price would be $225. Where I'm from, I think I paid $250 after taxes when I won a raffle for the Infrared 3LAB5 V's.

Ther nice but I let minez go in a trade.

3lab5,cool grey XI,TB3s, I traded for Oregon Duck Foams when they first released.

What I still don't understand is, why does the front part look black on certain pictures and clear on the other's?

Those are the flash pics it looks black on. The front is clear but the flash makes the light **** thru the gum making a shadowy effect.

Btw I'm passing.

Those are the flash pics it looks black on. The front is clear but the flash makes the light **** thru the gum making a shadowy effect.

Btw I'm passing.

I kinda wished the black part was actually black, but either way it isn't a deal breaker for me.

Here is a pair of Usher's gold 3s. Looks like the same material, so we can expect the single deep crease

View media item 797159

I doubt it's the same material. The golds look like some sort of cheap synthetic, foil-like material, where the 5labs are more like the Green Bean Vs, Nike's in house scotch lite material. Still crease city, though. And the problem you run into with 3m is that it doesn't hold up very well to wear & tear.

Last edited:
True ,but it's just with the poster saying it was the same material used ,I didn't like the look,guess ill wait for some other on feet pics if that's not true

I doubt it's the same material. The golds look like some sort of cheap synthetic, foil-like material, where the 5labs are more like the Green Bean Vs, Nike's in house scotch lite material. Still crease city, though. And the problem you run into with 3m is that it doesn't hold up very well to wear & tear.

True ,but it's just with the poster saying it was the same material used ,I didn't like the look,guess ill wait for some other on feet pics if that's not true

What I got from the OP comments were that the Usher's gold 3's were possibly the same materials as the other 3's released this year like the Powder Blue 3's. I may be wrong, but I got that assumption because the Powder Blue 3's have that single indented crease. So in other word's, those gold 3's may not even be relevant to the actual 5LAB3 3's and more of a random post because I saw that picture of the gold 3's floating around the sneaker websites and social media. It may just be a random "hey look at Usher's cool gold 3's" post.

Ok I see what you mean,but I took it as 'same as the 5lab3 material' which imo would make them look like tinfoil lol,I'm hoping the other posters are right (probably are now I read about it) and some cheaper material was used on Ushers gold 3s..fwiw I got the Powder Blues (love em) and did notice slight creasing,but I think it would/does look a lot worse on gold /silver type sneakers..still think them Usher 3s look horrible though..maybe it's just me..need to see some realistic photos of the 5L3 ASAP..long and short of it :smile:

Ok I see what you mean,but I took it as 'same as the 5lab3 material' which imo would make them look like tinfoil lol,I'm hoping the other posters are right (probably are now I read about it) and some cheaper material was used on Ushers gold 3s..fwiw I got the Powder Blues (love em) and did notice slight creasing,but I think it would/does look a lot worse on gold /silver type sneakers..still think them Usher 3s look horrible though..maybe it's just me..need to see some realistic photos of the 5L3 ASAP..long and short of it :smile:

I totally understand why you or anyone else would get that from what OP originally said and until OP actually comments he may be speaking of the 5LAB3 3's and I may be wrong. I agree that those all gold 3's aren't on point no matter what Usher tries saying, luckily that's his problem lol. But a metallic looking all gold or silver colored shoe doesn't look good, they seem childish, they remind me of the GS Retro 6's released last Saturday for Valentine's Day. Now, as for the 5LAB3 3's, last night I posted the most up to date and detailed pictures available if you want to look at them. I saw on the 2014 Release Date thread that supposedly they were dropping at the end of April, hopefully whoever posted that is right.

The 2014 Release Date thread is saying April I believe, and that thread seems kind of spot on. At least it's on track with the other common rumored release date rumors.

Appreciate it man. I should be able to skip lunch enough times to save up $225 by then. Jk

Appreciate it man. I should be able to skip lunch enough times to save up $225 by then. Jk

Haha, don't forget to include them taxes as well. Hopefully these shoe's are good quality though, I didn't get the Gamma Blue 3LAB5 V's but I did get the Infrared 3LAB5 V's just that I refuse to unDS them in this ugly weather full of snow. I mean, they seem like they are good quality but with JB who really knows until you start putting use into them and adding them miles.

Back
Top Bottom