AIR JORDAN 4 Black/Cement/Grey BLACK FRIDAY via COUNTERKICKS 03/08/12

Originally Posted by rojanjon

Originally Posted by Souljaman22

someone needs to make a petition asking them to use durabuck on these. ill grab 2 if they use durabuck. if they use suede like the 5s or 6s recently them I'm passing

THIS.
Use that bastad suede on them and it's a no no.

Originally Posted by terx

if the cement release was hectic , don't want even think how this release will take place

I've been thinking the same thing! I want to double cop as these are my grails. But I'm sure just getting one would be a miracle!

Originally Posted by ekhunter1

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

Oreo VI quality = borderline goat

have no clue why they were on sale for the longesttt
laugh.gif
yep, tumbled leather and durabuck, couldn't get any better
pimp.gif

o rly :wow:wl:

I had no money back then, or i'd double cop (not cuz i liked them so much, because they eventually made their way down to $100). Every once in awhile I check ebay, but I have my limits, unlike most.

Originally Posted by ColdCity

i assuming they will have the same material as these

the material looks on point & keeps me hopeful if the black cements do drop they wont have the ashy larry
Have they announced if this is the 23rd anniversary or if they will reveal another colorway?
NVM: got my answer

Those Knicks IV's are hideous...but if that's the material they're using on the Black Cements I'm hopeful.

Don't let me down JB!

I hope these come out nice - probably hold off on any releases until this one.

Originally Posted by rojanjon

THIS.
Use that bastad suede on them and it's a no no.

Use the nubuck cut that was used on Oreo VI's.  
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I still maintain that if it was flipped and the oreos were limited and the motorsports were GR, they motosports woulda rotted on shelves. Oreos were way better looking. MS were so plain with a funky interior. Just look at the lebron freegums sitting on shelves everywhere.

Originally Posted by bence23

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I still maintain that if it was flipped and the oreos were limited and the motorsports were GR, they motosports woulda rotted on shelves. Oreos were way better looking. MS were so plain with a funky interior. Just look at the lebron freegums sitting on shelves everywhere.

i cant agree with that one... personally i bought 2 oreo's & a single MS vi ...even though the overall quality on the oreos were overlooked the soft leather used on the ms is nuts & a gr would have sold out IMO & left the "limited" oreos on the shelves....same situation with the grand purple/yellow strap 1's & the "limited" grand purple/white 1's
Originally Posted by Magic1978

From that pic, the Knicks look like they have what was used on the metallic V's

i think so Magic

I love the FOURS but man, they crack and crease easily. I wore my cdp IV's a couple of times. like an estimated 20 times and then i decided to retire them. Bought a cake from carvel put 20 candles on it for each time i dedicated my foot to that immaculate shoe. blew it out zip-lock bag them shoes, placed another dark bag over them. I forgot about them, like a typical sneaker head cause when you have alot of possibilities you forgot what you got. The possibilities are endless like SKITTLES. Any ways so i decide to take them out 4 years later and the insoles had more cracks than a NY sidewalk unbelievable.

Originally Posted by ColdCity

Originally Posted by bence23

pimp.gif

i cant agree with that one... personally i bought 2 oreo's & a single MS vi ...even though the overall quality on the oreos were overlooked the soft leather used on the ms is nuts & a gr would have sold out IMO & left the "limited" oreos on the shelves....same situation with the grand purple/yellow strap 1's & the "limited" grand purple/white 1's

I'll agree to disagree. The fact that the db4s had such hype shows to me the beast will gobble anything with the limited tag on em, no matter how hideous. Even though there might be some exceptions.

Originally Posted by Midnight Hype

I love the FOURS but man, they crack and crease easily. I wore my cdp IV's a couple of times. like an estimated 20 times and then i decided to retire them. Bought a cake from carvel put 20 candles on it for each time i dedicated my foot to that immaculate shoe. blew it out zip-lock bag them shoes, placed another dark bag over them. I forgot about them, like a typical sneaker head cause when you have alot of possibilities you forgot what you got. The possibilities are endless like SKITTLES. Any ways so i decide to take them out 4 years later and the insoles had more cracks than a NY sidewalk unbelievable.

you starved them of oxgyen my broman!
sick.gif

Materials wise the MSVI feels like a more solid shoe, although a bit more clunky and onerous than the sleeker Oreo's...
That being said, I think I still prefer my MSVI's to my Oreo's...I'm more plain styled...don't get me wrong...I love those Oreo's, especially with black laces in them 
pimp.gif

But, when it came time to make cuts...the MSVI got the ticket to stay...gonna be hard watching those Oreo's be packed up and shipped out...hopefully to another happy home that will care for them and enjoy them as I have...
ohwell.gif

I already know this is gonna be a crazy release around my way prolly gonna need a pic-a-nic basket and portable TV to campout for these... I hate that i dont have connects out here like back at home

Originally Posted by Magic1978

From that pic, the Knicks look like they have what was used on the metallic V's
i dont really think thats a good thing.  i no longer suffer under the delusion that nike will once again produce a great retro, make no mistake.  the last time the proper material was used was for the 99/00 black cement iv and black metallic v, they were virtually exact replicas of the originals.  i took a 5+ year hiatus from buying anything until the 07 black metallic v.  caught a wild hare and just had to recapture some nostalgia with those and was ridiculously disappointed with how bad the product was.  they have used the same pathetic materials at least since then.  i will override better judgment and purchase this release, only because my 99s are really wanting to finally crack and i want to retire them before theyre destroyed.  they are probably my favorite jordans ever and one of the few pairs i still enjoy wearing. 

this topic is worn the hell out, with rationalizations of inflation, etc....but i will never understand why nike wont issue special releases like this with better treatment.  retail price is not a valid argument when there are masses of idiots paying in the $300 range for embarrassingly shoddy sneakers.  if nike can produce a shoe with the detail and quality of the xx3 for $175 msrp, they can do these correctly and retail them for $185-$200.

Back
Top Bottom