Air Jordan 4 White / Varisty Red - Black 23rd Anniversary

Status
Not open for further replies.
best 4's color way. rembers me to the good old ice t, donald d, everlast days
back in 89. cant wait to get these classics jordans in germany.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by asu42

Originally Posted by Skip2MyLou23

It looks like these shoes aren't receiving much hype, which is always a great thing.

This. I am surprised too. Seems like these sold fast back in 06. Also seems like the 6's coming out on saturday are getting most of the hype.

They won't get the attention they deserve until after the Olympic VI's drop. Wait until after the drop and people will start hitting this thread more. 

Originally Posted by FIREPOWER23

The reason the Mars Blackmon logo featured on the 2006 retro "Fire Reds" was to promote the upcoming Jordan Spiz'ike line.

By adding Mars' face to a classic signature shoe that would sell regardless, JB knew it would re-ignite interest in Mars/Spike and thus boost sales for a hybrid shoe that they knew would be otherwise overlooked somewhat by the loyalists.

At no point did Spike Lee wear the original Fire Red IVs whilst associated with the Mars persona.

A list of the Hype Air Jordans that Mars Blackmon wore/promoted...

1985 Black/red Is -She's gotta have it (movie released 1986)

1988 White/Cement IIIs -Nike advertising campaign

1988 Black/Cement IIIs -Nike advertising campaign

1989 WhiteBlack IVs -Nike advertising campaign

1989 Black/Cement IVs -Nike advertising campaign

1990 White/Fire red Vs -Nike advertising campaign

1990 Black/Met silver Vs -Nike advertising campaign

1991 Black/Infrared VIs -Nike advertising campaign

1991 White/Infrared VIs -Nike advertising campaign

2003 Black/Royal blue XVIII -Nike/Jordan Brand advertising campaign

Capiche? 
I'm very impressed by your knowledge. Great list.

Are these still coming out on the 4th? No solid release date from Nike STILL. Most websites just list these as August drops. unless these are QS they would have solid release info if it were coming out in under a month. I really hope they pushed the release date back to the 25th, because that would be wayyyyyy more convenient for me.

Right now there are only 5 shoes on my GUARANTEED pick-up list:

Fire Red IV

Black/Red IV

Black/Red XI

Black/Red XIII

Fire Red V

Everything else is up in the air. I'm really trying to preserve money!

^For me it is the Olympic 6s, the Fire Red IVs, the Bred IVs, The Doernbecher Vs (to find someone to trade for the IVs), Grape Vs. And im 50/50 on the Olympic VIIs. Depending on my financial situations I may or may not pick up the Is and Vs next year. I'll more likely be saving up for the VIs in 2014

Verified: Same leather as the Cement IV. So basically these will be durable as hell, but stiff as Mike Miller... (Also, ya'll might want to change your NT passwords if you haven't already, "SneakerTalk" is getting sheisty.)

these the cool grey 9's and the black 4's in november are all i need for the rest of the year

I was planning on buying all the IV's coming out this year but have decided I can't get everything; just becomes overkill for me at a certain point. Thinking I'll pass on these and get the V's coming out in early 2013 instead.

I like these but might just get the Breds when they come out I can't decide I personally like the Militarys just wish they didn't crease so bad

Verified: Same leather as the Cement IV. So basically these will be durable as hell, but stiff as Mike Miller... (Also, ya'll might want to change your NT passwords if you haven't already, "SneakerTalk" is getting sheisty.)

I'll take the stiff leather over the soft leather on the military's. Thanks for the heads up!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom