Air Jordan 5 "Oreo"

But dudes in here are sayin they sell for $250 on eBay! look if you like the shoe then so be it. It's a nice shoe minus the white sock linear. I feel like people in this thread just try to hype up their purchase just so they don't feel bad they are still in stores.

I could care less if a shoe I purchase is still in stores. As long as I get my pair, it's nice that there's shoes available for those who were unaware of the shoe, like it, and now want to buy it. What's so wrong with that? Are we judging each others shoes by how fast they sell? Because in that case, you probably are the type of person buying the hyped up colorful shoes that everyone wants so you get them to fit in and them selling out quick gives you a good feeling inside as to a possible stupid purchase made.

Man I wish the 11's would sit, but to each there own just glad most got the shoe if they wanted it. These are gone by my way and didnt last long either

I could care less if a shoe I purchase is still in stores. As long as I get my pair, it's nice that there's shoes available for those who were unaware of the shoe, like it, and now want to buy it. What's so wrong with that? Are we judging each others shoes by how fast they sell? Because in that case, you probably are the type of person buying the hyped up colorful shoes that everyone wants so you get them to fit in and them selling out quick gives you a good feeling inside as to a possible stupid purchase made.

Lol that's cute, I'll tell you my recent purchase. It was the bred 4s, got them for $150. And no, I don't like colorful shoes but if I did, that stupid purchase would equate to profit which would leave me feeling satisfied. But I bought a regular GR instead. Nice try though bud

Last edited:
Wish I had money to double up. Atleast I got money now to buy whatever release I want though unlike before. Which is why I couldn't cop Breds, Concords, or Chicago 10s which I'm currently hunting for a DS pair

I wish I could double up and not be broke afterwards. That's why I play it safe and make sure I try to cop a release I absolutely love before copping, and if there's a second shoe dropping that I like well I just hope the next month releases are whack lol. But, sometimes I don't like anything, I'm really on the fence about the Taxi's and Gamma Blue 11's dropping this month. So I'm like you, tryin to cop DS releases I missed out on. I'm not wearing any of my shoes yet, not until I get a nice collection of pairs going. So far I only have the black and gold Spi'zikes from last winter ds, Fire Red Black Tongue 5's ds I copped a few weeks ago, and my Oreo 5's ds I paid $240 for the Friday before Thanksgiving week (I got them the Tuesday before they dropped, still a stupid move even they are perfect and love them). Currently, I'm really looking forward to the Black Cat 4's, and whenever the 6's start dropping. But, as of now I'm trying to get the Toro Bravo 4's, Bred 89' 1's, and White Cement 89' 1's. My hopeful look outs are the Bred 4's, Black Cement 3's, Fire Red 4's, Lightning and Thunder 4's, Military Blue 4's, True Blue 3's, White Cement 3's, and so on. But I have a feeling that those hopeful shoes will be a stretch since they probably cost an arm and leg to get DS.

Lol that's cute, I'll tell you my recent purchase. It was the bred 4s, got them for $150. And no, I don't like colorful shoes but if I did, that stupid purchase would equate to profit which would leave me feeling satisfied. But I bought a regular GR instead. Nice try though bud

I just don't like how you're saying that whoever got the Oreo 5's are hyping up their purchases because we don't want to feel bad that our shoes are still sitting in stores. I mean, I don't run JB, I don't make any money selling these shoes, all I do is wear them. Why would I be emotionally affected over Jordan not selling out a certain shoe? I'm sure he has enough money to not care, so neither should I or you. I wish I would have had money to buy the Bred 4's when they released, but it is what it is. A lot of shoe's don't sell out when they release, but a few months later, everyone falls in love with them and are paying an arm and leg for a shoe they passed on. It happened with the Oreo 6's and I hope it happens with these Oreo 5's that are being slept on, because they go great with everything.

But dudes in here are sayin they sell for $250 on eBay! look if you like the shoe then so be it. It's a nice shoe minus the white sock linear. I feel like people in this thread just try to hype up their purchase just so they don't feel bad they are still in stores.

These are up on eBay for $250 shipped, that doesn't mean they are selling. Selling at $250 shipped you are only making roughly $20 dollars after eBay, PayPal and shipping fees. $250 - 13% eBay/PayPal - $15 shipping - $181 Cost of shoes with tax = $21.50 profit. Resellers can't afford to sell for anything cheaper than that, they'll just end up returning them cause these ain't selling at $250.

People just try to hype up the shoes to feel better about buying them and feel accepted. Lol. People be coming on here and saying how good these look in person, you kidding me? These things look like a nasty ashy elbows!!!

These are up on eBay for $250 shipped, that doesn't mean they are selling. Selling at $250 shipped you are only making roughly $20 dollars after eBay, PayPal and shipping fees. $250 - 13% eBay/PayPal - $15 shipping - $181 Cost of shoes with tax = $21.50 profit. Resellers can't afford to sell for anything cheaper than that, they'll just end up returning them cause these ain't selling at $250.

People just try to hype up the shoes to feel better about buying them and feel accepted. Lol. People be coming on here and saying how good these look in person, you kidding me? These things look like a nasty ashy elbows!!!

Last time I checked, this is an Oreo 5 thread. To talk about the Oreo 5's amongst those who bought them, want them, or interested in purchasing them late. If anything, you are coming in here trying to talk down a shoe you personally don't like. If you don't like it, that's fine, you don't have to like it and I respect how you feel. But why come into a thread dedicated to a particular shoe and try to talk down about it just because you don't like it? People who bought this shoe are outcasts, we aren't trying to be accepted and thats why we bought them. Because the majority of us actually like to buy shoes we like and not because everyone else is all over them. Like I told the other guy, if they do sell out eventually that's fine, if they don't Jordan won't lose sleep over it nor will I because I have the shoe I like. I'm not trying to make you like them, no one is, we are telling each other our opinions of them because the majority of us on this thread have them.

Last edited:
I really wished they would release a all black pair like a pair of samples that were shown a year ago or so,  but the suede on the oreos is probably the best feeling suede on a shoe yet

I really wished they would release a all black pair like a pair of samples that were shown a year ago or so,  but the suede on the oreos is probably the best feeling suede on a shoe yet

An all black pair would be nice, or if they would have included a bright white 23 on the side like the other 5's released this year. The Black Cat 4's rumored to be released in January are probably going to be all black if the pictures in that thread are accurate. But, there is no official release date or even official pictures yet.

Haha thank you! finally.

View media item 677183Anybody else's came like this? The champs said a lot of their pairs came like that. It looks like poor handling when shipping to the store. Funny though my girl's pair that were preordered shipped to home had no marks whatsoever

Anybody else's came like this? The champs said a lot of their pairs came like that. It looks like poor handling when shipping to the store. Funny though my girl's pair that were preordered shipped to home had no marks whatsoever
when i was at finish line buying my pair. the lady came out with 3 pairs of 9.5's and told me to choose the best pair and i could even mix and match left and rights to get the perfect pair.. but i did see this a lot on their shoes.. the material is very sensitive to hard bumps lol.. gotta handle with care!!!!!! lol... other than that i love them and the color way is just the best.. i missed out on the blk grapes so these were the only other option..

Probably one of the dumbest posts I've seen between you and drewbrzy. So because I like the shoe and like how they look in person I'm trying to justify myself and feel accepted? I don't care what anyone else thinks. I don't care if these do sit for a month which they sold in my area. I like the shoe and I buy for that reason. I buy what I like not because it's hyped. If you think ppl come on here to comment, feel better and be accepted then you need to do yourself a favor and delete your account on NT

when i was at finish line buying my pair. the lady came out with 3 pairs of 9.5's and told me to choose the best pair and i could even mix and match left and rights to get the perfect pair.. but i did see this a lot on their shoes.. the material is very sensitive to hard bumps lol.. gotta handle with care!!!!!! lol... other than that i love them and the color way is just the best.. i missed out on the blk grapes so these were the only other option..
Yea its annoying but oh well I like the shoe and agree with you. Can't go wrong with a black an white. I wasn't feeling the black grapes though lol. Not saying they weren't nice just I personally liked the white base WAY MORE. Glad you were able to cop and not miss out even though these were easy compared to the black grapes

View media item 677183Anybody else's came like this? The champs said a lot of their pairs came like that. It looks like poor handling when shipping to the store. Funny though my girl's pair that were preordered shipped to home had no marks whatsoever

I heard a lot of people say the same my 2 pairs are flawless and my GF GS pair is on point also

I'm not sure if you won a raffle and had first dibs, but if you didn't more than likely someone before you tried them on and that happened. Either that or like you said poor handling. Every suede based shoe I've bought online and they all have came on point. I really think it has to do with something in the store, whether it's someone trying them on (employee/customer) or poor handling.

Probably one of the dumbest posts I've seen between you and drewbrzy. So because I like the shoe and like how they look in person I'm trying to justify myself and feel accepted? I don't care what anyone else thinks. I don't care if these do sit for a month which they sold in my area. I like the shoe and I buy for that reason. I buy what I like not because it's hyped. If you think ppl come on here to comment, feel better and be accepted then you need to do yourself a favor and delete your account on NT

You're late to the party and your post has nothing to do with the conversation we were having. I can break it down for you. I stated these are sitting. Some NT users were saying they are not sitting and are selling for $250 on eBay. I stated basically you are tooting your own horn cause they are readily available to anyone who wants them.

So brush up on the reading brah before jumping into something blindly. Oh and ps, the other dude wasn't talking about buying "hyped" sneakers, he was talking about people hyping up their own sneakers. Big difference.

Last edited:
You're late to the party and your post has nothing to do with the conversation we were having. I can break it down for you. I stated these are sitting. Some NT users were saying they are not sitting and are selling for $250 on eBay. I stated basically you are tooting your own horn cause they are readily available to anyone who wants them.

So brush up on the reading brah before jumping into something blindly. Oh and ps, the other dude wasn't talking about buying "hyped" sneakers, he was talking about people hyping up their own sneakers. Big difference.
You must have failed reading comprehension. If you read my post it states how ppl don't only buy hyped sneakers. Also when you buy and like your sneakers why not get hyped over them. You just payed good money for them and if you're like me you actually LIKE them. Not exactly trying to hype them up to make ppl like you think it is attempt to give these j's more value than what they are. No one cares if these are sitting which they are not. A random pair of 8s, 13s, or 10s doesn't  not justify as sitting. Bel air 6 rings which are still on shelves are considered sitting with FULL SIZES AVAILABLE. I don't know about selling for $250 on ebay but definitely around less than or equal to $200 because a friend of mine just sold his for that much which isn't much of a profit if you got them at retail if that makes you feel better about the profit argument.

Last edited:

Like Rumble Gang Rumble Gang had said a few select uncommon sizes being available doesn't mean these shoes are sitting around. Name me one official Jordan retailer website that has these Oreo 5's available at every single men's size or point stores in full stock of this shoe then you can say they are "sitting around." As for the "selling on Ebay for about $250" that is correct, I will gladly post various screen shot Ebay listings and they will speak for themselves.

View media item 677349
View media item 677355
View media item 677357
View media item 677361
View media item 677362

Like Rumble Gang Rumble Gang had said a few select uncommon sizes being available doesn't mean these shoes are sitting around. Name me one official Jordan retailer website that has these Oreo 5's available at every single men's size or point stores in full stock of this shoe then you can say they are "sitting around." As for the "selling on Ebay for about $250" that is correct, I will gladly post various screen shot Ebay listings and they will speak for themselves.

View media item 677349
View media item 677355
View media item 677357
View media item 677361
View media item 677362
Thank you! And becareful how much you love your Oreos. Don't wanna "hype" them up lol

Thank you! And becareful how much you love your Oreos. Don't wanna "hype" them up lol

Lol you're right man, but it is what it is, we're all entitled to be happy and like, if not love, our shoes that we paid for. That's the reason why we bought them in the first place. I've never heard of anyone who bought almost $200 shoes and absolutely hated them and talked down on them. I personally would never talk down on another man's shoes, we're all supposed to be different and we all should have different preferences that should respect, but not everyone understands that simple rule. But at least I proved someone else's point that these shoes are selling on Ebay like hot bread for about $250, give or take. Just wait, the same people who were hating on this shoe more than likely will be paying top dollar to own it in a few months, it happened with the Oreo 6's.

Model Pair: Size 12
Overall: IMO, great shoe release under the 5 series. Other than the minor manufacturing flaws, really happy with the shoe. Wish the white part was black. 

Sorry for coming in the thread like that but ill be honest not feeling them but cousin want a pair so any retailers still have youth sizes available at least overseas? Checked usual suspects couldnt come up with anything guess these sold out like any other JB release these days

Sorry for coming in the thread like that but ill be honest not feeling them but cousin want a pair so any retailers still have youth sizes available at least overseas? Checked usual suspects couldnt come up with anything guess these sold out like any other JB release these days
Everyone is entitled to their opinion of liking a kick or not fam. Last time I checked grailstatus.com had a good amount of pairs and they don't have rape prices. Haven't dealt with them personally but seem legit

Back
Top Bottom