Air Jordan 5 Retro 'Fire Red' 2013 Vol: No 23

I really wish they used the softer leather on these. I mean why can't we have an identical pair of shoes like they made in the 90's. I would be more than happy with that. 

i dont really see whats so wrong about the leather yea we know its not the same but im just not a fan of soft leather in sneakers idc if the creases look natural or w.e. cuz im not trying to have any creases what so ever and its been working pretty good 

guys on here will just complain about anything, literally, any tiny minute detail that might make their beloved shoe not immaculate :lol: :smh: at least half of yall don't even own the OG pairs, and damn sure have not worn them extensively i bet, kids going to flight club and holding a pair of cellophane wrapped OG pairs for 10 seconds now they think they can assert the quality difference :lol: :lol:

I got my pair and the quality is fine, even though a tiny touch maybe 1 millimeter of the flame paint got onto the mid sole on one shoe, they look clean and they're damn comfortable. I also wear all my shoes so they're gonna get a little dirty eventually regardless, can't cry about every lil thing :smh:

Last edited:
guys on here will just complain about anything, literally, any tiny minute detail that might make their beloved shoe not immaculate :lol: :smh: at least half of yall don't even own the OG pairs, and damn sure have not worn them extensively i bet, kids going to flight club and holding a pair of cellophane wrapped OG pairs for 10 seconds now they think they can assert the quality difference :lol: :lol:

I got my pair and the quality is fine, even though a tiny touch maybe 1 millimeter of the flame paint got onto the mid sole on one shoe, they look clean and they're damn comfortable. I also wear all my shoes so they're gonna get a little dirty eventually regardless, can't cry about every lil thing :smh:

The whole thing about the paint on the mid sole made your entire baby rant a oxymoron.

Last edited:
omg I just compared them to my Concords and it's a night and day weight difference. Not even funny,

My local footlocker still had a size 8 at the store. Called my boy up and he picked them up. Can't believe these sat there for a week.

Im curious with all the complaints on these  if the ones not happy are returning them or keeping them. From this thread seems like should be a ton of returns. Returned mine to get a smaller size today but thrilled with the shoe. DTLRs said they received another shipment for people still looking. Cant imagine still not being able to find them

But you're missing one important point. JB IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE MERCEDES BENZ OF SHOES!

I'm the same age as you, so you should remember how these shoes were the highest priced sneakers back in the day. I remember in middle school parents would call Nike and get a FREE PAIR OF SHOES because they wore out too quickly. Nike used to really stand behind the Air Jordan "quality" and that's why they would offer free pairs and in store credits AFTER people wore them.

Do you remember those days? Cause I do.. and am not going to just be OK with the global perception that we should just automatically pay more and expect less. Since when did Jordan shoes go from being the MERCEDES of the shoe game to a BUICK?

I understand your economic argument, but for that to be 100% true Jordan sneakers still have to be at the TOP OF THERE GAME, like Mercedes is. That's WHY Mercedes can get away with Mercedes pricing, because they still offer the best.

JB ain't no benz.

Been on the hunt for a replacement pair out in the greater Los Angeles area all day without any luck. As much as people keep saying they are sitting in their spots, that isn't the case out here (The Home of The Hypebeast & Resellers). 
eyes.gif

If anyone knows where I can cop a size 11.5 @ retail price feel free to PM me. It would be greatly appreciated!

But you're missing one important point. JB IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE MERCEDES BENZ OF SHOES!

I'm the same age as you, so you should remember how these shoes were the highest priced sneakers back in the day. I remember in middle school parents would call Nike and get a FREE PAIR OF SHOES because they wore out too quickly. Nike used to really stand behind the Air Jordan "quality" and that's why they would offer free pairs and in store credits AFTER people wore them.

Do you remember those days? Cause I do.. and am not going to just be OK with the global perception that we should just automatically pay more and expect less. Since when did Jordan shoes go from being the MERCEDES of the shoe game to a BUICK?

I understand your economic argument, but for that to be 100% true Jordan sneakers still have to be at the TOP OF THERE GAME, like Mercedes is. That's WHY Mercedes can get away with Mercedes pricing, because they still offer the best.

Def remember getting free replacement shoes from Nike if there was quality issues. People used to stick pins in they're air bubbles and get free pairs, lol. Idk about JB being the "Benz" of shoes tho.

Def remember getting free replacement shoes from Nike if there was quality issues. People used to stick pins in they're air bubbles and get free pairs, lol. Idk about JB being the "Benz" of shoes tho.

Nike still do free replacements...last time I used it was late Nov 2012. If they don't have the shoe, they give a product voucher.

Pretty much a giftcard only usable on Nike.com. That's only if the shoes are less than 2 years old and you have no receipt for a return. I wore a pair of 2012 Air Max for a good year, then sent then in and got a voucher for 170.00

im 34 and cosign this.

ive never agreed with the economic and marketing types trying to justfy poor quality and materials.

matter of fact i loathe the mind that that cant think outside the box thinking this is the ONLY way it can be.

on paper it makes all the sense in the world to continue to cheap out on your customers to maximize profits but not all compnies work that way. in fact many companies become successful doing just the opposite. (Amazon, Zappos, etc.)

...to the guy laughing at Nike/Jordan's being the Benz of shoes must not have been around at the time because that statement was nothing but the truth. it may not be now, but it once was.

typically though, i dont complain to often about materials and quality. it has to be pretty bad, like the Flu Games

Pretty much a giftcard only usable on Nike.com. That's only if the shoes are less than 2 years old and you have no receipt for a return. I wore a pair of 2012 Air Max for a good year, then sent then in and got a voucher for 170.00

Oh ok gotcha, rep+

Back
Top Bottom