Air Jordan 5 Retro- White/Metallic Silver Releasing April 4, 2015

The opposite of Gucci. :rofl:

Omg really?

I got an order confirmation too man. Damn well that sucks. Instead of a shipping confirmation I guess I'll be awaiting a cancelled confirmation.

This is what I get for pulling the trigger so late.

I'm not sure if they'll send you more than 1 pair, but you'll still get charged for 3

OMG, did y'all start buying Jordan's yesterday, there have always been "those" kinds of quality issues even on the OGs. I don't even care about glue or little specs that you young kids care about. If you care that much about those little things you should stop buying Js altogether like the other guy said.

I care about quality leather that has thickness like the OGs and the nice thick tongues and padding.
Yeah lol I started buying Jordan's yesterday... I'm 34 years old been wearing Jays since 1990

I had OG Fire red 5's

OG Maroon 6s
OG Raptor 7s
OG Playoff 8s
OG Toe Cap Steel 10's
OG Taxi 12's

OG Bred 13's, White and Red 13's, Playoff 13's,  White and Black 13's
OG 14's White and Red, Black toe, and the baby blue lows

And none of them had quality as bad as this or any of the other shoes I have from the last 10 years.  The materials were dope, and the craftsmanship was dope.  Sure they weren't perfect 100percent of the time, but the flaws were few and far between, opposed to how it is now when there's issues left and right, because they're just pumping them out every weekend. 

When I started buying Jordans there were only like 3-5 colorways that would come out for the WHOLE year, and that was it, but now they just crank em out, and people defend inferior quality.  

Yes the materials are better, and I'm happy about that, but the craftsmanship is still lacking. 

Man, I don't even know if it's even more flaws. I think that with the internet, people can post the worst flaws that are ever seen for everybody to see.

I'm sorry if I jumped on you but it's just that I see these young kids on here talking about "quality on point, no glue stains" while the leather looks like some garbage that you would find on fakes.

nightwing doing his thing. Glad i purchased looks so clean in the video. :smokin

big fan of his sneaker reviews, with that being said i should've never saw this video, as he made me convinced and regret missing out on copping when they released....thankfully i found a guy on FB still had a sz 14 in his cart on NDC and offered to sell me for retail plus shipping. But yeah damn u nightwing for bringing out the key factor that sold me, nostalgia lol.

I also copped the black toe 14s on RD and his video review on em had the same nostalgic praises lol

Last edited:
OGs had just as many flaws as modern retros, we just didn't notice them as much back then. I never inspected my shoes until about 5 years ago. All I ever verified was a right, a left, and both the same seize

that's literally nothing. Thanks for the bug magnification. Look at the comparison between the stitching and the speck. What's next? "speckle density" is off? These aren't works of art made by tinker himself man. They are shoes made in sweat shops. If something like that bugs you then you need to do yourself a favor and stop buying nike products. Most ppl here know to except and accept tiny flaws.
 LOL @ Speckle density! I forgot about that guy 
roll.gif

I used to be very picky on the quality of my jordans back in the days, then when those flawless 3s,4s starts to crack and crumble. All those nitpicking i used to do just flew out of the window. I remember returning the fire red 5s because of a loose thread coming out of the ankle padding. Now i just melt it down or cut it. As years past by i learn to restore my shoes and learn that every jordan that comes out is always going to have some problems in the long run. Having some glue spots don't bother me anymore unless it runs through the hole upper and covers 8-40% of the shoe. I choose to buy jordans because of nostalgia thats why until now i still buy them even tho the quality is not up to par with other shoes. I should say JB thought me how to restore and take care of my shoes.

OGs had just as many flaws as modern retros, we just didn't notice them as much back then. I never inspected my shoes until about 5 years ago. All I ever verified was a right, a left, and both the same seize
Thats entirely true. Just last month when the oreo 4s came out. The chick at champs is very hesitant of letting me hand inspect the shoe. All she did is open the box and won't let me hold the shoe. I told her im buying the shoes and i need to check if both shoe have the same size. So far after 10 years i haven't had that happened to me but there is always a first.

Thats entirely true. Just last month when the oreo 4s came out. The chick at champs is very hesitant of letting me hand inspect the shoe. All she did is open the box and won't let me hold the shoe. I told her im buying the shoes and i need to check if both shoe have the same size. So far after 10 years i haven't had that happened to me but there is always a first.

Lol wtf I'd be pissed if one of these store workers didn't let me try on a $200 shoe before buying them let alone INSPECT them

Lol wtf I'd be pissed if one of these store workers didn't let me try on a $200 shoe before buying them let alone INSPECT them
Same happened to me in JimmyJazz in Mondawmin for the gold dopes 2 fridays ago. Lady wouldnt let me try em on although i kno my size in dopes but u kno how nike is with sizing inconsistencies so i wanna try it on she said "naw because if u try it on nobody will buy it because it aint DS nomore" i was bout to argue with her but i said u kno what keep em. went to hoh in towson and tried em on and bought em and walked out no hassles. she only did that cuz she knows the hood aint gon call n complain, let her try that in the suburbs tho

I swear when shoe stores act like they don't want to let me try on a pair of shoes I get heated and just leave. They take it way too seriously.

Same happened to me in JimmyJazz in Mondawmin for the gold dopes 2 fridays ago. Lady wouldnt let me try em on although i kno my size in dopes but u kno how nike is with sizing inconsistencies so i wanna try it on she said "naw because if u try it on nobody will buy it because it aint DS nomore" i was bout to argue with her but i said u kno what keep em. went to hoh in towson and tried em on and bought em and walked out no hassles. she only did that cuz she knows the hood aint gon call n complain, let her try that in the suburbs tho

I swear when shoe stores act like they don't want to let me try on a pair of shoes I get heated and just leave. They take it way too seriously.

I feel yall. But if you went and bought a pair of kicks and when you got them home, one of th shoes had loosened, untied laces and the shoe tree is sloppily replaced, you would be tight.

I'm usually just too impatient for people in front of me to be trying on kicks. Yall know they only let 2 people in the store at a time!

I seen a display pair of these yesterday and it looked like it was wore 5+ times, numerous ppl came in and tried it on the sock liner was dirty with lent balls, shoe string laced sloppy and dirty and the bottom look worn, not to mention the creases from ppl walking around....now who would want to buy a worn left shoe and a DS right shoe :lol:

I feel yall. But if you went and bought a pair of kicks and when you got them home, one of th shoes had loosened, untied laces and the shoe tree is sloppily replaced, you would be tight.

I'm usually just too impatient for people in front of me to be trying on kicks. Yall know they only let 2 people in the store at a time!
lol like what happened with me and my chicago 10s.
View media item 1478244Someone stomped their fat foot into the shoe trying it on and creased the hell out of the collar. I was mad but oh well. I know Id be pissed if someone told me I can't try the shoe on

I seen a display pair of these yesterday and it looked like it was wore 5+ times, numerous ppl came in and tried it on the sock liner was dirty with lent balls, shoe string laced sloppy and dirty and the bottom look worn, not to mention the creases from ppl walking around....now who would want to buy a worn left shoe and a DS right shoe :lol:
Problem is this used to be normal. Everyone used to try on shoes before buying or even just to feel out the comfort on something new. I remember years back trying on sneakers and not buying. I don't do it now and the sneaker game today is accustomed to "DS never tried on or they worth below retail

Its weird not seeing the usual suspects up in here. Im surprised grizz aint cop :lol:

I like this shoe but not enough to cop

Its weird that nowadays resellers are the ones that keep these jordan retros from hitting the discount rack. Without them most retros would sit

I will say this. If they had tinted the netting just a tad bit grey i would have copped. The only thing i dont like about the v's is the netting yellowing over time.

The clear soles look ok when they yellow but not the netting

Man, I don't even know if it's even more flaws. I think that with the internet, people can post the worst flaws that are ever seen for everybody to see.

I'm sorry if I jumped on you but it's just that I see these young kids on here talking about "quality on point, no glue stains" while the leather looks like some garbage that you would find on fakes.
Haha, thanks man, I appreciate it.  But it's no trouble bruv.  Also, I feel you for sure, the materials used is the number 1 priority in my opinion, and then construction 2nd.  That's what equates to a quality shoe IMO, good materials that are constructed well.

Last edited:
Agree with Noblekane, yellow netting looks absolutely awful. I don't mind the soles aging over time

I will say this. If they had tinted the netting just a tad bit grey i would have copped. The only thing i dont like about the v's is the netting yellowing over time.

The clear soles look ok when they yellow but not the netting
Some guy couple pages back said he sprays uv protectant on his. Wonder how good it works.

For me the 5s are perfectly designed. There isn't a tweak I would make to the shoe. The lines of the shoe flow so nice with the midsole and the collar. My favorite is the 3M tongue Fire Red. Just a perfect color way.

Back
Top Bottom