Air Jordan 7 Retro “Hare” - May 16, 2015

Ive always hated "Bred" because in addition to sounding dumb, its super imprecise. Fails to account for the multiple black/red colorways some models have, and fails to include the variety of shades of red.

I think this bred nonsense started with the XI's (or at least thats how I remember it) which obviously only have one modellwith any red at all, which allowed for the imprecise name to stick
Black/Red 1s = Bred 1s
Black InfraRED 6s = Bred 6s
Black Cement Gry Fire RED 3s= Bred 3s

The nickname makes it easier to distinguish the Primarily Black Red Jordan's from the other OGs.

I like it

Last edited:
Black/Red 1s = Bred 1s
Black InfraRED 6s = Bred 6s
Black Cement Gry Fire RED 3s= Bred 3s

The nickname makes it easier to distinguish the Primarily Black Red Jordan's from the other OGs.

man, you seem like a decent guy, so Im really not coming at you personally, but...

No one, in the entire history of human existence, has ever needed a way to distinguish Black-based Jordan's from other OG's, other than simply calling them by their real names

"Bred" acts as a lazy catch-all that actually serves to make things less clear not more

I haven't seen a new thread on the 2015 Cardinal release. Does anyone have any info? I'd love to get my hands on a pair of them.

There's no thread because the Cardinals haven't been confirmed for this year yet, or even strongly rumored.

man, you seem like a decent guy, so Im really not coming at you personally, but...

No one, in the entire history of human existence, has ever needed a way to distinguish Black-based Jordan's from other OG's, other than simply calling them by their real names

"Bred" acts as a lazy catch-all that actually serves to make things less clear not more

To each his own

I love when you're online Zephyr1983 Zephyr1983 , because nothing more ever has to be said :lol:

You come through and say what I wanted to say, better than I would have, and all I can do is click the thumbs up, because it feels like posting just to say I agree every time would be pointless.

You're the real MVP.

There's no thread because the Cardinals haven't been confirmed for this year yet, or even strongly rumored.
Man, I hope they do release them, though. I read an article on 23isback about the release, and got amped up for them.

I remember one time my friends tried to clown me because I called the black/ cement grey IVs the "black cements" and they kept telling me that it can't be THE name of the IVs because the IIIs already have it. I was like :smh: I had to tell them why they go by the name "black cement" and they were like :wow: :lol:

To each his own

Yes, Agreed. Thank you for not taking that personally :pimp:

I love when you're online Zephyr1983 Zephyr1983 , because nothing more ever has to be said :lol:

You come through and say what I wanted to say, better than I would have, and all I can do is click the thumbs up, because it feels like posting just to say I agree every time would be pointless.

You're the real MVP.

Much appreciated Gordonson Gordonson ! :nthat:

I just remember back to my early days on NT when people tried to spread the knowledge and "real talk" was the highest respect you could get in a comment. Try to keep that going a little bit, even if most people find my endless griping about molds tiresome at this point :lol:

Yes, Agreed. Thank you for not taking that personally :pimp:

I just remember back to my early days on NT when people tried to spread the knowledge and "real talk" was the highest respect you could get in a comment. Try to keep that going a little bit, even if most people find my endless griping about molds tiresome at this point :lol:
Nah man you told me a lot like the mesh panels on IVs I would have never known the little details to the shoes I like that you and many others point out. I don't mind complaining but if you are giving facts and preaching the truth rather than just mindless rambling I can respect it

Honestly a nickname is a nickname, who cares if people make fun of it. My point is that there are nicknames that are obviously relevant to each sneaker that has a nickname which people are going to use to refer to that certain sneaker.

if you want to say the Black Infrared 6s or the Bred 6s its whatever.

Its a useless debate IMO and over nicknames of shoes

I remember one time my friends tried to clown me because I called the black/ cement grey IVs the "black cements" and they kept telling me that it can't be THE name of the IVs because the IIIs already have it. I was like :smh: I had to tell them why they go by the name "black cement" and they were like :wow: :lol:

I remember it taking me a while to even process what "Bred" IIIs and IVs were, because I couldn't understand why someone would leave out one of the most notable parts of the shoe from the nickname :lol:

Man, I remember it being all about that too. NT had me like a young Sneaker Encyclopedia in the eyes of everyone I knew in real life :lol:

I'm sure people are tired of my posts about molds/leather quality too. But we ain't, go-ing no where

bad-boys-4-life-o.gif

So they'll just have to deal with it.

Nah man you told me a lot like the mesh panels on IVs I would have never known the little details to the shoes I like that you and many others point out. I don't mind complaining but if you are giving facts and preaching the truth rather than just mindless rambling I can respect it

Thanks man! Glad that kinda info doesn't fall on deaf ears :nthat:
Learning from other NT OG's years back is the same reason I learned about the molds and netting etc.
I remember being super hyped to get the White/Green IV's in 2004. When I got them on feet, I couldn't for the life of me figure out why I didn't like IV's as much as I used to. It took another year before I found NT and that was when I learned about how much things at JB had changed since 99-2000

Man, I remember it being all about that too. NT had me like a young Sneaker Encyclopedia in the eyes of everyone I knew in real life :lol:
I'm sure people are tired of my posts about molds/leather quality too. But we ain't, go-ing no where
So they'll just have to deal with it.

Outta reps Gordonson Gordonson , so 3 NT hats will have to suffice for now :nthat: :nthat: :nthat:

Honestly a nickname is a nickname, who cares if people make fun of it. My point is that there are nicknames that are obviously relevant to each sneaker that has a nickname which people are going to use to refer to that certain sneaker.

if you want to say the Black Infrared 6s or the Bred 6s its whatever.

Its a useless debate IMO and over nicknames of shoes

Agreed again.
And to be fair, there are some nicknames that I don't mind at all. Names like the "Last Shots" or "Space Jams" I feel actually add to the mystique of the shoe rather than make things worse. So Im guilty of the names too sometimes

Last edited:
OT: A bunch of Hares dropping. And then "Marvin the Martian" 7. Looks like there's some truth to the rumors that we're about to have the "Space Jam" 11 this December.

OT: A bunch of Hares dropping. And then "Marvin the Martian" 7. Looks like there's some truth to the rumors that we're about to have the "Space Jam" 11 this December.
Nah, those rumors were squashed already. Either way it's only the 2nd week of January. We got got about 30 more weeks of rumor this rumor that...

Last edited:
I'll go for another pair of Cardinals A "Re-Mastered version I guess. I wore my last retro of the Cardinals casually then started rocking em for open gyms.

I like the way they look on court all white upper and a black based bottom and mid-sole. As for hoping for the SJ's in December I hope we dont see em again,

Atleast I would take a "Remastered" pair of em because the last retro SJ were not all that great as in shape and Patton leather cut was way off,

with a little Bananna shape. If the SJ's Re-re-release again I'm blacking out the white mid-sole on em. Ok enough said this is the "Hares"forum not Cardinal or SJ's.

View media item 1349834
Just wore my hares from the 7/16 pack a couple days ago. I trashed those 16's cuz they were super comfy and I regret it every day cuz it seems like JB is allergic to giving people new retro's I stead of the 1-6 rinse repeat treatment every couple of years. WE WANT 16's!!!!!!! Lol

I want to see better pictures of the Marvin's but the hares better not come with that weird texture. Thinking.. what if that texture is rabbit skin or something :lol:

Any leaked pics yet because so far most shoes are gettig leaked like the 13 low and 11 lows and new cw 5s¿¿

Back
Top Bottom