Air Jordan 9 “University Blue” Thread December 5th $190

I don’t think so man

I was in a hurry yesterday and threw these on, but immediately I noticed they didn’t feel good, my right pinky toe told me take them off asap. I was in a rush so I just threw something else on, I’ll try these on again soon

Curious what others think if they’ve worn them and if they broke in a lil throughout the day
Damn. I had that same problem with the lows in 2002. I went up half a size now but I haven't tried them on to know if that's enough. I felt like it has more to do with the design of the shoe than the width.

Crazy how the sizing has been on IX between 2012 and 2020.
2012 Cool Grey: 1/2 definitely too big but manageable
2016 "Space Jam": TTS feels very snug
2018 Blk/Red Patent: TTS feels very snug
2020 UNC: 1/2 up almost feels like my 2016 TTS

That being said, my appreciation for the IX has really gone up throughout the years...except for the Olive IX.

Last edited:
IMG_20201220_152628.jpg
One last shot of em before they go to my buddies wife. Very nice shoe. I hope he likes them. My man been wanting some 9s for years. He really tried to get these but struck out online. He had the original white and blacks in 94, so did his best friend who unfortunately was laid to rest prematurely in life with his pair with him. So these are important. Had to go ebay route. Paid a little more but it's worth it.

IMG_20201220_152628.jpg
One last shot of em before they go to my buddies wife. Very nice shoe. I hope he likes them. My man been wanting some 9s for years. He really tried to get these but struck out online. He had the original white and blacks in 94, so did his best friend who unfortunately was laid to rest prematurely in life with his pair with him. So these are important. Had to go ebay route. Paid a little more but it's worth it.

Man, that's an incredible story. Glad you managed to track down a pair for him. Does he know they're coming or is this gonna be a total surprise?

Man, that's an incredible story. Glad you managed to track down a pair for him. Does he know they're coming or is this gonna be a total surprise?
He knows, I told him. Only because of the disappointment he had that Saturday we both worked. I told him they were gonna be easy to get. I was wrong. So I was not going to let him miss. His wife and I covered the cost. She not allowing him to see them till Christmas. lol. Everytime he comes over all he wants to do is look at my 9s. He was trying to get me to send pics, but I refused. Not even trying to make the women mad at me. lol.

IMG_20201220_152628.jpg
Loved reading that. He’s going to be ecstatic with these. It’s such a gorgeous 9. If you can, let us know his reaction to them.

Loved reading that. He’s going to be ecstatic with these. It’s such a gorgeous 9. If you can, let us know his reaction to them.
I sure will. I have known him for 23 years, he was a hell of a ball player. Still is really. Thats how I knew of him, playing against him all the time when I was younger. But have had a good friendship with him the last 5 years since he started working at the factory. I am a sucker for his story. Only because I have those same kind of stories as well with my dad.

He knows, I told him. Only because of the disappointment he had that Saturday we both worked. I told him they were gonna be easy to get. I was wrong. So I was not going to let him miss. His wife and I covered the cost. She not allowing him to see them till Christmas. lol. Everytime he comes over all he wants to do is look at my 9s. He was trying to get me to send pics, but I refused. Not even trying to make the women mad at me. lol.

Hahahaha treating him like a mom telling their kid "we can go pick out and try on your Christmas shoes, but you can't have them til Christmas morning." :lol:

That's an awesome story though. I feel like if we had known in this thread, we would've tried to help you out.

Hahahaha treating him like a mom telling their kid "we can go pick out and try on your Christmas shoes, but you can't have them til Christmas morning." :lol:

That's an awesome story though. I feel like if we had known in this thread, we would've tried to help you out.
My wife did that to me also once. The last Taxi release, she bought them on release day while I was at work and would not let me see them till Christmas morning. The anticipation made it fun though. Almost felt like 1996 again.

IMG_20201220_152628.jpg
How did you strike out? I think I saw them in stores when I was picking up XIs.

How did you strike out? I think I saw them in stores when I was picking up XIs.
I haven't been in a mall since early 2019. The one closest to me closed down. And the next closest barely carries anything good anymore. My wife tells me there is next to nothing in their finish line and foot locker as far as Jordans go. So it's really online or nothing right now with me.

They were a fairly easy grab on the footsites....I practice if I'm awake and don't want the shoe (even though it is nice). I carted on all of them in various sizes with very little work, just need some patience

They were a fairly easy grab on the footsites....I practice if I'm awake and don't want the shoe (even though it is nice). I carted on all of them in various sizes with very little work, just need some patience
Yeah, I took long as hell to cop my pair and still checked out.

I haven't been in a mall since early 2019. The one closest to me closed down. And the next closest barely carries anything good anymore. My wife tells me there is next to nothing in their finish line and foot locker as far as Jordans go. So it's really online or nothing right now with me.
Where do you live?

My wife did that to me also once. The last Taxi release, she bought them on release day while I was at work and would not let me see them till Christmas morning. The anticipation made it fun though. Almost felt like 1996 again.

Alright, so did we get an official reaction from your boy? Even though he knew they were coming, did he freak out?

Alright, so did we get an official reaction from your boy? Even though he knew they were coming, did he freak out?
I was around him on Christmas Eve. He was definitely emotional talking about the shoes. I didn't see him personally open them but he did send me a text and pic thanking me for the memories of he and his best friend buying those together over 25 years ago. I will ad pic in a minute.

I was around him on Christmas Eve. He was definitely emotional talking about the shoes. I didn't see him personally open them but he did send me a text and pic thanking me for the memories of he and his best friend buying those together over 25 years ago. I will ad pic in a minute.
image.jpg
He 6' 5". Size 12. My biggest worry was the fit. I told him to let me know. I think he would have told me by now if there was a problem.

Man, that's great! I know we get jaded being around all these L's and crap releases, but that's the kind of thing that got us into this hobby. Felt that way for the first time in a long time when I finally got my hands on the Grinches.

Man, that's great! I know we get jaded being around all these L's and crap releases, but that's the kind of thing that got us into this hobby. Felt that way for the first time in a long time when I finally got my hands on the Grinches.
Sometimes we all need to really step back and realize why we wanted all these shoes. Yeah I am not talking about the resell hype boys that just want money and internet likes. But the people that was into this before it was something to be in to. Memories, and desires for them. Times with great friends or family watching games. The commercials, the real genuine hype of putting them on and wearing them to school the next day. Little things like that keep a lot of us around still to this day buying these. Stories involving the shoes will always have a soft spot for me. Especially if its remembering lost loved ones.

Sometimes we all need to really step back and realize why we wanted all these shoes. Yeah I am not talking about the resell hype boys that just want money and internet likes. But the people that was into this before it was something to be in to. Memories, and desires for them. Times with great friends or family watching games. The commercials, the real genuine hype of putting them on and wearing them to school the next day. Little things like that keep a lot of us around still to this day buying these. Stories involving the shoes will always have a soft spot for me. Especially if its remembering lost loved ones.

GroundedDopeyAlpinegoat-small.gif

Back
Top Bottom