AIR JORDAN III HEEL TAB YELLOWING

I have read through all the other threads on restoring, but did not see any information on getting rid of the yellowing on the heel tab on the jordan III.  I have no problems with cleaning the midsole and everything else but need help on the heel tab.  

I have read through all the other threads on restoring, but did not see any information on getting rid of the yellowing on the heel tab on the jordan III.  I have no problems with cleaning the midsole and everything else but need help on the heel tab.  

Originally Posted by lildawgryan

teeth whitening gel

Interesting! More info?

BTW, 2 of my pairs I bought when they released (True Blue's and Cement)... Both were worn once or twice, and sat since. On BOTH pairs only the right heel tab yellowed, the left still white. On others i've seen this as well, extremely odd, anyone have the slightest idea WHY this would happen? Hm

Originally Posted by lildawgryan

teeth whitening gel

Interesting! More info?

BTW, 2 of my pairs I bought when they released (True Blue's and Cement)... Both were worn once or twice, and sat since. On BOTH pairs only the right heel tab yellowed, the left still white. On others i've seen this as well, extremely odd, anyone have the slightest idea WHY this would happen? Hm

try putting dessicant bags inside the box this should prevent any moisture build up that can speed up the yellowing of rubber outsoles and air soles

try putting dessicant bags inside the box this should prevent any moisture build up that can speed up the yellowing of rubber outsoles and air soles

iLLGT2 wrote:
lildawgryan wrote:
teeth whitening gel

Interesting! More info?

You cover the entire tab (white portion but have never had any problems affecting colored rubber) and let it sit for as long as you want. I leave it on 24 hours, wash it off with soap and reapply it about 3-5 times or when your happy. Ive done it on white rubber soles and have had excellent results. My DS FR III's have yellowed tabs but I wont use teeth whitener til I wear them. My first pair is holding up well. The white paint has cracked but you can not tell unless you look closely.

iLLGT2 wrote:
lildawgryan wrote:
teeth whitening gel

Interesting! More info?

You cover the entire tab (white portion but have never had any problems affecting colored rubber) and let it sit for as long as you want. I leave it on 24 hours, wash it off with soap and reapply it about 3-5 times or when your happy. Ive done it on white rubber soles and have had excellent results. My DS FR III's have yellowed tabs but I wont use teeth whitener til I wear them. My first pair is holding up well. The white paint has cracked but you can not tell unless you look closely.

Next time you can prevent this by not letting any sunlight hit these, and storing them in a dark cool area.

Originally Posted by CementSoldier

thanks for the replies. has anyone used teeth whitening gel on the heel tab and got results?

No but I have been using this method to whiten the lip part on my '04 Oly VII's and I am receiving amazing results (almost fully white again). Still in the process of the VII's. I plan on doing my Flip III's heel tab to see if any progress is reached and the lip on my Midnight VI's. The product I use is called "Plus White".

Plus White Retailers:
http://www.pluswhite.com/where-buy.shtml

thanks for the replies. has anyone used teeth whitening gel on the heel tab and got results?

No but I have been using this method to whiten the lip part on my '04 Oly VII's and I am receiving amazing results (almost fully white again). Still in the process of the VII's. I plan on doing my Flip III's heel tab to see if any progress is reached and the lip on my Midnight VI's. The product I use is called "Plus White".

Plus White Retailers:

Originally Posted by GRAND hustlePIMPIN

Plus White Retailers:
which type did you purchase?.. plz explain the process as well...been trying to white the tip of my 04 Oly VII's for a minute now used the white sponge eraser and sea glow be still slightly yellow..thanks in advance

Originally Posted by GRAND hustlePIMPIN

Plus White Retailers:
which type did you purchase?.. plz explain the process as well...been trying to white the tip of my 04 Oly VII's for a minute now used the white sponge eraser and sea glow be still slightly yellow..thanks in advance

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Next time you can prevent this by not letting any sunlight hit these, and storing them in a dark cool area.

this...

yellowing heel tabs have nothing to do with moisture...its from exposure to sunlight.

Back
Top Bottom