Air Jordan III "UNC": March 7, 2020 $190

Yeah I’m wondering if they are trying to slowly pull back release stock to build up non-OG, GR release hype again. I remember in 2012-2013 when almost all GRs would sellout, even those atrocious “LAB” fusion releases haha

I do wonder if StockX and GOAT have made it harder for Nike/JB to do this though because, back then, you only had eBay and local sellers to set prices.
Here's the thing, Nike moves most of it's JB product on the website or in stores at full msrp. It's the other retailers who end up having to discount. That means nothing to Nike. If it gets rtved then Nike will once again "restock" and move it at msrp. This is just Nike being Nike. The trends don't change much. They have the secret sauce already.

Here's the thing, Nike moves most of it's JB product on the website or in stores at full msrp. It's the other retailers who end up having to discount. That means nothing to Nike. If it gets rtved then Nike will once again "restock" and move it at msrp. This is just Nike being Nike. The trends don't change much. They have the secret sauce already.

Right but NDC has had the best GR discounts lately (I.e. Tiff 13s for $120ish Bloodline 1s for $130ish, etc. etc.). I’m sure they’re still making money off of these releases but I’m sure they would rather sell them at NDC for full MSRP or have other retailers take them off their hand, as you mentioned. In 2013, there is 0 chance releases like this would’ve ever been discounted on NDC.

SNKRS continues to fail me. Woke up 6:56. Took the L and went back to sleep.
Had to get my car maintenance at 11, so just for s*1t5 and giggles walked to the mall close by.
All the stores said they had limited quantities and sold out.
Shoe palace raffled and I lucked out on an unclaimed pair. Double lucky and got a good quality pair. :pimp::nthat:

on to the purple 1’s

Right but NDC has had the best GR discounts lately (I.e. Tiff 13s for $120ish Bloodline 1s for $130ish, etc. etc.). I’m sure they’re still making money off of these releases but I’m sure they would rather sell them at NDC for full MSRP or have other retailers take them off their hand, as you mentioned. In 2013, there is 0 chance releases like this would’ve ever been discounted on NDC.
I'm with you but consider this. Those bloodline 1s went for 130. At ftl Nike would have got 75-90 for the pair. The authorized retailers only pay half msrp. Nike never loses. Chess.

Thought I heard that Nike is holding more stock and wants more buyers to buy directly from them
I think that would explain Nike slashing prices so fast imo
Because Nike is usually the last place to disco

I'm with you but consider this. Those bloodline 1s went for 130. At ftl Nike would have got 75-90 for the pair. The authorized retailers only pay half msrp. Nike never loses. Chess.

Why would FNL keep buying the same amount of stock of releases that don’t sell? At some point, wouldn’t they simply cut quantities/start only ordering the minimum required amount that Nike tells them they need to order? FNL still has to pay shipping costs to stores/FNL warehouses, retail/storage space, etc. etc.

Bloodlines were a bad example of this since they are a decent release that will sell well under $130-Legacy 312s are a better example because of how poorly those sold and how deep the discounts were at places like FNL (pairs were going for around $50 IIRC).

Thought I heard that Nike is holding more stock and wants more buyers to buy directly from them
I think that would explain Nike slashing prices so fast imo
Because Nike is usually the last place to disco

This explanation makes more sense than what Hopsin is suggesting (places like FNL keep buying the same quantities, regardless of how they sell).

All the baby time hustlers cleaned out my local spots and no go on the phone order. Gonna call this a L but leave cash on my card just in case some random restock happens. Ah well 🤷🏾‍♂️

My local HOH and FNL (flagship one of the biggest in the country) only got 8 and 12 pairs respectively :wow:

Got there an hour before open and was 7th in line. I always wear a 12 in 3s, but was pretty bummed there was only an 11.5 left when I got to the front. Just got home though and put em on and they fit perfect. These fit a lot looser to me than the most recent BC3. The tongue is a lot less padded and there's like no cushioning in the ankle area. They're really thinned down. Quality wise, they're perfect. I just wish the cushioning inside was like the BC3 vs feeling like a jordan 1.

Kinda tight FNL failed me by not completing my order even though they took my PayPal money, but whatever. I’ll grab a pair once everyone starts undercutting on GOAT or SX next week. :pimp: :pimp:

Why would FNL keep buying the same amount of stock of releases that don’t sell? At some point, wouldn’t they simply cut quantities/start only ordering the minimum required amount that Nike tells them they need to order? FNL still has to pay shipping costs to stores/FNL warehouses, retail/storage space, etc. etc.

Bloodlines were a bad example of this since they are a decent release that will sell well under $130-Legacy 312s are a better example because of how poorly those sold and how deep the discounts were at places like FNL (pairs were going for around $50 IIRC).
They buy because that's their contract with Nike, bro. You want the good stuff you gotta buy the garbage.

My local HOH and FNL (flagship one of the biggest in the country) only got 8 and 12 pairs respectively :wow:

Got there an hour before open and was 7th in line. I always wear a 12 in 3s, but was pretty bummed there was only an 11.5 left when I got to the front. Just got home though and put em on and they fit perfect. These fit a lot looser to me than the most recent BC3. The tongue is a lot less padded and there's like no cushioning in the ankle area. They're really thinned down. Quality wise, they're perfect. I just wish the cushioning inside was like the BC3 vs feeling like a jordan 1.
Can anyone else confirm this? I have an 11 in the BC3 and they were a bit tight.

Can anyone else confirm this? I have an 11 in the BC3 and they were a bit tight.

If these are the same shape as the all star release then yes.. less padding in the tounge and sides but my size 11 still fits the same only slightly less snug in the toebox area.

Anyone got an order confirmation from FNL yet? I'm still waiting on mine.
Did you get to the confirm screen with an actual number? If so you're good. If no it's gone. Your refund will be processed in 5-7 days. With FNL, I use my paypal tied to my bank acct. Never withdraws unless you actually hit. Doesn't withdraw for ghost charges. FYI.

It’s never coming
FNL took our money
I only tried on FNL cuz I like their rewards program but I totally forgot I upgraded to the new status program and now it takes twice as much money to get the same reward

Last edited:
It’s never coming
FNL took our money
Only long enough to draw interest. Seriously though, if you got to order confirmation dont sweat the emails. Those things go out in batches if the system screws up. Your order is in. If you didn't get there, you are screwed.

Had to camp for my pair for two hours. Glad I got em but it's funny tho cause the manager told me yesterday that they had 25 pair. I Luckily I was first in line with my son cause the chick that opened the gate said they only had 12 pair. Then she let me buy two pair an 8 and a 12. Dudes was Crazy mad. Mostly cause I got the only 12.

I hope everybody that wanted them got em. They are dope but I like my Unite 3s more. People only wanted these cause of the link to UNC. I only got em cause I had no white 3s. I didn't even know they were limited till I found out only one footlocker in a hundred mile radius of my area had them. Every Finishline in my area had em tho.

Back
Top Bottom