Air Jordan IV Military First Look Vol. Kixandthecity

Originally Posted by Sneakerfan1

Originally Posted by sunshineblotters

Now that I finally got mine, I can say without a doubt that this leather FEELS much better, but I can say with confidence the WCIV is much better in quality, since it doesnt crease.

Also looks like I was tripping over nothing with the off white argument since this shoe IS off white, just not greyish off-white. It looks more eggshell. Wish the Military Blue was darker and the white was a little more off white. It would make the grey stand out more.

As for people praising the quality of this shoe, the quality is good, not great. To say it is better than the WCIVs is blasphemy. Like I said, it only FEELS better, but it is not better.

With that said I hope the Fire Reds are more like the WCIVs (because I want them to last) and the 2012 Lasers are more like the military blues (because I won't sport em as much anyway).

I need to post a comparison pic of all three that have dropped this year. Doesnt look like these will make it to the sales rack or I would've ordered a beater pair.

Just an observation: the entire basis for your argument of the White Cement IVs being better quality wise seems to be the fact that they don't crease (correct me if I'm wrong).

The leather on these is far from perfect, but it's definitely better than that stiff, plastic leather used on the White Cements.  If you want a pair of shoes with good quality leather that Nike dropped recently, pick up a pair of Citron or Infrared SC Trainer II's.  That leather doesn't crease much, but that's the kind of leather that once it does crease, it looks GOOD creased.

Those White Cement's are eventually going to crease and once they do, expect to see a big, deep line horizontally through your toebox.  That stiff, plastic leather is not good quality.  Yes if your main criteria is "they don't crease" then I guess those will satisfy you.  If that's your idea of good quality then we will have to agree to disagree.  Comfort wise, wearing shoes like that for extended periods of time will not trump wearing a shoe that actually has some give to them.

QFT!

I know the 06's were bad because of the paint chipping but what about the leather. How does the leather on the 2012's compare?

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Dudes on here are overrating the quality on these. Are they any worse than the 06's? Not really, but to say that they're miles better in quality is a joke.
I briefly had a pair of the first retro. And i just got a pair of the 2012's for $140! very happy about that....

the 2012's are more comfortable, and its got that interesting new paint job that Nightwing showcased that wont crack. Other than that, they're pretty much identical. the "leather" is crap on both.

For some reason this fits looser than my WC4. I had to go .5 size smaller on this. Anyone else feel the same?

Originally Posted by ed2trey

Originally Posted by PeekThaSneaks

Seen a few heads rocing these over the weekend. With off matching Blue polos lol smh

You don't have to match perfectly head to toe, that @%@# is corny anyway
Agreed, but if you're going to incorporate some blue, it should be as close as possible.

I hate it when people OD with the matching. It really does look like people are trying way too hard.

cant believe people are sleeping on this. these are by far better than the white cement 4s and i actualyl only like the cav4 over these and thats about it.

My patience paid off, $147 shipped...
scaled.php

I still have my 2006's in the closet, looking forward to burning those once these get dropped off.  One of my favorite c/w's, glad these aren't popular or hyped up.

Originally Posted by BayArea23

For some reason this fits looser than my WC4. I had to go .5 size smaller on this. Anyone else feel the same?

If I'd known this I would've copped. The cements were so stiff I was a chore to wear'em. I hope the blk/red ones fit this way. I'm copping regardless of how they fit.

I like the look of the WC, but I like the comfort of the Military.
White Cement looks more durable and has the stiff feel. Looks great.
Military got the simple look, but I like how soft it is regardless of how it DOES crease quickly.

People calling the leather cheap and what not are just being hyper critical. Just because a material is cheaper to make and it makes the shoe more comfortable to wear doesn't make the quality horrendous.

Originally Posted by Sneakerfan1

Originally Posted by sunshineblotters

Now that I finally got mine, I can say without a doubt that this leather FEELS much better, but I can say with confidence the WCIV is much better in quality, since it doesnt crease.

Also looks like I was tripping over nothing with the off white argument since this shoe IS off white, just not greyish off-white. It looks more eggshell. Wish the Military Blue was darker and the white was a little more off white. It would make the grey stand out more.

As for people praising the quality of this shoe, the quality is good, not great. To say it is better than the WCIVs is blasphemy. Like I said, it only FEELS better, but it is not better.

With that said I hope the Fire Reds are more like the WCIVs (because I want them to last) and the 2012 Lasers are more like the military blues (because I won't sport em as much anyway).

I need to post a comparison pic of all three that have dropped this year. Doesnt look like these will make it to the sales rack or I would've ordered a beater pair.

Just an observation: the entire basis for your argument of the White Cement IVs being better quality wise seems to be the fact that they don't crease (correct me if I'm wrong).

The leather on these is far from perfect, but it's definitely better than that stiff, plastic leather used on the White Cements.  If you want a pair of shoes with good quality leather that Nike dropped recently, pick up a pair of Citron or Infrared SC Trainer II's.  That leather doesn't crease much, but that's the kind of leather that once it does crease, it looks GOOD creased.

Those White Cement's are eventually going to crease and once they do, expect to see a big, deep line horizontally through your toebox.  That stiff, plastic leather is not good quality.  Yes if your main criteria is "they don't crease" then I guess those will satisfy you.  If that's your idea of good quality then we will have to agree to disagree.  Comfort wise, wearing shoes like that for extended periods of time will not trump wearing a shoe that actually has some give to them.

i doubt it ive put good miles on my WCiv's with no creasing on the toebox

Originally Posted by ehh

My patience paid off, $147 shipped...
scaled.php

I still have my 2006's in the closet, looking forward to burning those once these get dropped off.  One of my favorite c/w's, glad these aren't popular or hyped up.

Hopefully that seller comes through with the sale for you...he is losing out big time after ebay fees and shipping, ouch!

^^ Seller already refunded my money.  Made up some BS excuse that their kid spilled juice on the sneakers this morning.  
roll.gif

I reported the seller.

I'm predicting in 2 years people are going to regret not picking these up. "Oh man, I should've copped those when they were sitting at the store"

To me feels like an underrated shoe, compared to other recent retros.

Originally Posted by xMIGZx

I'm predicting in 2 years people are going to regret not picking these up. "Oh man, I should've copped those when they were sitting at the store"

Honestly man that's how a  lot of Jordan's are. Look at the Raging bull pack. Those things were sitting for quite some time and now they go for $400+. Look at the BMP pack. I remember I could get that pack for $250 shipped. Now I see those going for $350+. Look at the Aqua 8's. Those things were around for weeks after. Now they go for $300+. Get the Jordan's you like when they come out because a couple years you pay the price. 

Originally Posted by jamazing

Honestly man that's how a  lot of Jordan's are. Look at the Raging bull pack. Those things were sitting for quite some time and now they go for $400+. Look at the BMP pack. I remember I could get that pack for $250 shipped. Now I see those going for $350+. Look at the Aqua 8's. Those things were around for weeks after. Now they go for $300+. Get the Jordan's you like when they come out because a couple years you pay the price. 

This.
I would apply this sentence to the Cool Grey 12s as well.

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

Originally Posted by jamazing

This.
I would apply this sentence to the Cool Grey 12s as well.
I remember that raging bulls pack sitting on finishline for the longest when me and my friend debating on how we were going to split it 

Aquas sat around? Not in major cities that's for sure.

PYS had sizes for some months after RD, but they were significantly more than retail. And I'm 07, no one paid above retail. No reason to.

doubtful ppl will regret picking these up much like the 2006 version. these are an og colorway so im sure jb will retro them in 6 years. if anything its those retro+ colorways that ppl end up regretting. i guarantee the cool grey 12s, royal 10s, cavs 4 will be reselling for much more than the militariess couple years down the line.

What you guys have to understand is that a couple years ago when it was easy to get shoes every one and their mama wasn't on the hype train. Nobody's going to wish they copped these or the cool grey 12s 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom