Air Jordan Retro 1 High OG Black/Gym Red-University Gold #555088-017

Hi, little question here

I'm new on the sneaker game (I'm from Europe)-- What does OG means ?
ohwell.gif

going to be doing the funky Chicken if these are the Og colorway 1s with highschool gold trim like 10s & 12s rereleasing

Hi, little question here
I'm new on the sneaker game (I'm from Europe)-- What does OG means ?
ohwell.gif

It's supposed to mean Original Gangster, but somehow it became an abbreviation of "Original" somewhere along the way in reference to the first release of a shoe.

Ex: "OG" I's would be the 1984-85 pairs.

I guess these Nike Air releases were given the "OG" moniker because they're the closest retro we've seen to the original pairs in detailing and shape since the 1994 pairs.

Last edited:
No PS pics?

My guess is black/ red upper, white midsole, gold swoosh, sole and nike air.

Sound about right?

I never would have imagined the OG 1s in the color description would have been the XQ 1 retros. im not sure how to feel about these

if the XQ 1s did release stateside i can see the release being like the black patent leather 1s. i think jb would do that just to keep them as a sort of grail staus shoe for us and a couple years down the road release it in larger quantities

I believe these are releasing in september, i forgot the launch list at work but there werent anymore retros in september on it.. i find this hard to believe considering we have been getting at least two a month forever. ive been searching online but i cant seem to find anything, i just cant accept that they arent dropping another retro in september... anybody know something i dont?
steel 10s are supposed to be moved up to september 21st

What if they do a nike air hall of fame release? I honestly wouldnt mind. They use the same colors but this is just me dreaming

No PS pics?

My guess is black/ red upper, white midsole, gold swoosh, sole and nike air.

Sound about right?
This is the pair I was talking about back in May.  There were no sample pics in the first meeting and the closest color blocking he could picture at the time was the SC Trainers in the 49ers CW. 

@Steelo, I was told the Steel X's were pushed back to January 2014, like how last fall the blk/red 13 was rumored to release during the week between xmas and NYE, then NYE, but then moved back 2 more weeks to the actual RD.  I'm ready for them when they do release though.

This is the pair I was talking about back in May.  There were no sample pics in the first meeting and the closest color blocking he could picture at the time was the SC Trainers in the 49ers CW. 

@Steelo, I was told the Steel X's were pushed back to January 2014, like how last fall the blk/red 13 was rumored to release during the week between xmas and NYE, then NYE, but then moved back 2 more weeks to the actual RD.  I'm ready for them when they do release though.
the schedule kinda packed..the production slate looks heavy

sept 

3slab5

the surprise thats coming lolol ....lets just say 2's very limited

these hawks 1's

oct

the jordan 1 xi hybrids aka the jordan 1 96

bel air 5's

laney 1's or 5's 

nov

bred 1

lightning 4 for nov 17th (rumored)

black friday 5's

the dbs for this yr

dec 

laney 1 or 5 whatever wasnt released in oct

taxi 12

gamma 11's

and they are going to squeeze that fear pack in that production schedule is gonna be hectic some things will be moved around some **** will be regional only or overseas only

some will be scrapped for a later date....most likely is the lightning 4's...

steel x's looking could be either qs with the 11's or jan

Last edited:

sept 

3slab5

these hawks 1's

oct

bel air 5's

laney 1's or 5's 

nov

bred 1

black friday 5's

the dbs for this yr

dec 

taxi 12

gamma 11's

and they are going to squeeze that fear pack in that production schedule is gonna be hectic some things will be moved around some **** will be regional only or overseas only

Interesting.  Thanks for the info.  Not a whole lot that I'm interested in.  1's, 4's, 10's, 12's.  I wonder what the 2's and the Black Friday 5 will be.

Has there ever been any word as to why they are releasing so many retros every year?  I'm guessing because they are trying to ride the title wave of everyone and their mother wanting to be into shoes but it just seems crazy nowadays.

LOL there's that suprise I've been waiting for more info on!  My bad bout not replying to that last PM
laugh.gif
.   Congrats on the progress with the store fam
nthat.gif
.  Hopefully these 1's here don't end up as limited as they originally planned.

what ever happen to snakeskin 11 that were going to come out during the holidays. 

also wonder how the 1 96 will look. lots of great stuff coming out from jb. 

sept 

3slab5

these hawks 1's

oct

bel air 5's

laney 1's or 5's 

nov

bred 1

black friday 5's

the dbs for this yr

dec 

taxi 12

gamma 11's

I def thought Laney 5s already had a set release date for Nov 2nd or w.e. and i cant see them moving the steels to 2014 or it as a qs shoe because its not that much demand plus it was supposed to tie in with the Laney theme this year right?

sept 
3slab5
these hawks 1's

oct
bel air 5's
laney 1's or 5's 

nov
bred 1
black friday 5's
the dbs for this yr

dec 
taxi 12
gamma 11's

I def thought Laney 5s already had a set release date for Nov 2nd or w.e. and i cant see them moving the steels to 2014 or it as a qs shoe because its not that much demand plus it was supposed to tie in with the Laney theme this year right?

No official RD for the Laneys as of yet.

Also, there are a bunch of 10s dropping next year so I can easily see the Steels being pushed back.

Hoping that these are the US version of the China's(hopefully Royals limited or Black Toe's like) and never even heard of that surprise had in store not a big fan of 2's but still a handful of shoes I want for the rest of the year.

Back
Top Bottom